• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Z Kai airs May 24th on NickToons

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I love that Nicktoons, Disney XD, and Sci-Fi are getting in on the anime action now. They are probably gonna get some more at this rate and one of the three will be your little favorite channel to watch anime from.

I'm definitely watching DBZ Kai. Especially after I heard the intro song in english sung by Sean Schemmel.(Aka Goku.)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I didnt see a thread like this so I thought I post it xD

https://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/dragon-ball-z-kai < -- Source.

It airs May 24th at 8PM ET on Nicktoons.

I don't like the idea it's on Nicktoons, but Eh, I'll still watch it. What are your guys thoughts?
    What does it matter if it's on Nicktoons? They are a Cartoon Broadcasting company just like Cartoon Network... And about Kai, I really don't care since I got every season of Z on DVD. I want to see different anime not remakes of the old.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I am so Watching This I love the original so I'll love the Remake of The Original.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Here's a description from Wikipedia.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]with the episodes remastered for HDTV, featuring updated opening and ending sequences, and a rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast.[37][38] The footage was also re-edited to more closely follow the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and damaged frames removed.[39] As such, it is a "new" series created from the original Dragon Ball Z footage. Like all other Dragon Ball-based anime, Funimation Entertainment has licensed Dragon Ball Kai to be released in North America, airing on Nicktoons Network starting in May 2010, under the title Dragon Ball Z Kai.[40][41] In addition to Nicktoons, Dragon Ball Z Kai will also air on The CW's Toonzai (formerly The CW4Kids) programming block, beginning September 2010.[42][/S-HIGHLIGHT]

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    "The footage was also re-edited to more closely follow the manga"

This sounds interesting. I am curious to see what they mean by this. Even though I am a little disappointed that they aren't adding new content, I am still happy that they are keeping the Dragonball franchise alive with this.

Heres to hoping we continue getting more and more Dragonball products in the future!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Y7?

With all the death and murder and let's not forget Tien's arm getting FRIGGIN' CHOPPED OFF, I don't understand how that will fall under Y7. ._.

Now, I'm not some idiot who says that One Piece's 4kids dub sucks because there's no blood, I'm just saying that it kinda defeats the purpose of Kai to begin with. To be as true to the manga as physically possible. Changing it just doesn't seem right to me...

Thank god for the uncut DVDs. 8D

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
    Years
    I have watched most of it, wasn't much different. You have to watch it in HD for a big difference, it was nice with out fillers and 20 episode power ups though.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Kai also has the both the dub cast and Japanese coming back to do their roles. Mostly, some roles have been replaced on both sides. Oddly, the Japanese side has more what appear to be random cast changes.

I'm personally only watching Kai for the dub. Accurate script this time around. DVD/Blu-Ray (Unedited), Nicktoons/CW4Kids will be the edited dub. For the most part they're the same. Except for the edited dub doesn't swear like the unedited (expected) for some reason they jump over the word die like it's the 1996 dub. Also, standard violence edits. But, we're getting the dub cast after 10 years of adjusting into their characters to get as close to an accurate (also better acted) dub as we're gonna get for awhile.

As what Ryuzaki said, that's pretty much a breakdown of what Kai is.

Back