• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream World on a laptop

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Haven't played much of the Dream World, but all the games I played were just fine on my laptop.

Now if there was one game that was hard on the laptop... it was that stupid Eeveelution game!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I do well without a mouse, actually.
    I've gotten used to the touch pad.

though sometimes it does get annoying.
    I feel weird more when I'm using a mouse now :P .

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Due to some posts I just had to delete, please keep in mind that this thread is focusing around the challenge of playing mini-games with a touch pad, not the price of laptops and computer mice.

Please try to stay on topic.

And just to answer the thread itself, I don't have a laptop, but I imagine if I did try to play them on one, I assure you that my score would be less than what it normally is. I'd fail with a touch-pad, whether it's a Pokemon game or not. xD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Due to some posts I just had to delete, please keep in mind that this thread is focusing around the challenge of playing mini-games with a touch pad, not the price of laptops and computer mice.

Please try to stay on topic.

And just to answer the thread itself, I don't have a laptop, but I imagine if I did try to play them on one, I assure you that my score would be less than what it normally is. I'd fail with a touch-pad, whether it's a Pokemon game or not. xD;

I definitely was talking about how I use my touchpad for a lot of things, and that's why I didn't have trouble with the minigames. o_O Had no reason to be deleted, it was on topic with only a sidebar of "I use a touchpad for everything because I don't sit in places where I can use a mouse".

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    I have no problems using a touchpad. In fact when I do have a mouse attached I forget it even exists and neglect it. I actually get really high scores on the mini-games. Although there are some other things I have issues with, like Bullet Hell genre games. But that's another matter.

Years
  • I find the wailord game hard to play, the ice scooping isn't great either but it works.

What's the Eeveelution game, I've never played that! :(

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I find the wailord game hard to play, the ice scooping isn't great either but it works.

It's very similar too pong, or that game with the bricks you have to hit with a paddle.
    It's probably the most difficult.

I tried it with my touch pad a couple of times, and my cursor went off the screen.
    Using a mouse greatly increased my performance

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's... pretty easy with a touchpad for me. XD; Infact, the only issue is the lag from too many firefox tabs otherwise I can get through most of the mini-games. :3

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday

It's a game on the main site, it lets you obtain DW Eeveelutions if you beat it.

----------

I tend to use the touchpad and not a mouse, due to the fact that all 5 mice I've owned in the last 6 months broke for some reason.
    I usually don't have problems with the DW minigames, except for the pokémon seek thing >>

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • I've only played the Dream World a few times, but only on my laptop - I dunno, so far, I've only tried the ice cream game, the sky race, and the hide-and-seek-thingy. I dunno, I've never failed the ice cream game or the sky race, but apparently, I suck at hide and seek.. Not that it has much to do with my touchpad-skills. At least, I highly doubt that.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I definitely was talking about how I use my touchpad for a lot of things, and that's why I didn't have trouble with the minigames. o_O Had no reason to be deleted, it was on topic with only a sidebar of "I use a touchpad for everything because I don't sit in places where I can use a mouse".
    I'm being offtopic here, but I second toujours, his post was definitely on topic. Mine wasn't as much, but I wanted to give an advice to that person who might not know much about computers. What's wrong with wanting to help? =x

Just to be on topic, I play with my laptop mouse because I don't like touch pads.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • OH MY GOD that one game where you get an Eeveelution was JUST HARD. :(

Have I? Well, if the games in the Fun Zone on Pokemon.com count, then yes. If not, no. (by the way CURSE YOU TOUCH-PAD. I have no mouse, so it took me forever to get to the last level of that Eeveelution game. DX)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    Meh I haven't played in the Dream World that much because I'm not really a huge fan of this feature, but of the games I did play I didn't struggle too much. They seem like pretty generic flash games you'd find on miniclip many years ago - not impressed.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I only had one chance to use the Dream World so far, but it was on a laptop using the touchpad. I didn't really have too much difficulty. I only played two minigames, but they weren't made any harder by the touchpad.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Eh, since I'm not too worried about scores, I think playing on my laptop is fine. I've been using one for so long now, anyway, so you'd hope I'm used to touchpads at this point. (:

The hardest game for me to play is probably the Wailord minigame because Wailord moves SO SLOWLY, but I don't think I'm the only one with this issue; it just gets annoying when the touchpad doesn't recognize my touch the way I want, so it freezes when I'm trying to catch one of the Pokemon or something. ):

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    I don't think that it would much different. Granted that I am utterly terrible at the games so i would matter if I was using a pad or mouse I'd still lose or just barely win, but for others it most likely wouldn't matter.

Houli

Elite Four
    Years
  • I've won every game i've played in DW on my laptop :)

I don't think there's any real way to lose the games. However I believe the gender and moves the Pokémon knows are dependent on what score you get in the games.

Also on topic, I don't have to use a trackpad but Flash Player on OS X is a pile of crap so that usually results in it crashing every once in a while in the Dream World.

Back