• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking... :'(

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    What do you think about drinking?

Like, drinking to get drunk. or having a beer, glass of wine. ect.

I think it's fine to have a glass of wine at dinner

But, I'm beginning to see a issue with myself.

I seem to be wanting to go out during the weekends and want to get drunk all the time. When my step-dad gives me a beer I can drink it really fast and want more.

There was even times I snuck shots of Alcohol and cups of Long island iced tear :/

What do you all think about it?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Do not go out and get drunk at the weekends. There's no point to it; it may seem fun at the time but all you end up with is a lighter wallet and a bad headache.

Drinking is fine in moderation; I find that it is good when you need to relax. Just don't overexert yourself or you'll regret it.

Syrex

Years
    Sounds like you're falling into the deep dark abyss that is alcoholism.

I really hope not, I mean, I'm only 17. not even close to legal age.

Do not go out and get drunk at the weekends. There's no point to it; it may seem fun at the time but all you end up with is a lighter wallet and a bad headache.

Drinking is fine in moderation; I find that it is good when you need to relax. Just don't overexert yourself or you'll regret it.

I know there is no point. I can't really explain why I do. I always say to myself, "No, I will not drink" and I end up doing it anyway :(

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    What you might want to do is question why you drink. Is it a compulsion, is there something you're trying to escape, or are you ding it for fun/socially? Look at your motivations.

It's a tempting thing, I admit. I live in an area where recreational binge drinking is commonplace. But I don't feel like I need to. Think about why you feel the need to drink before you go any further.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You need to drink to live anyways! Without drinks you die.

Wait. Beer?

No dude. Alcoholic drinks are T3h 3mo's Suicid3. I recommend you take therapy and stop that beer train in its tracks and launch it to hell before it's too late.

And being 17 makes matters an infernal pit. You should'v waited until the age of 30. When the body is fully developed and addiction is way harder. Chances are, if you don't stop, you'll drink and drive home, confuse red for yellow, advance at 30MPH, crash into a Coke Truck (because there are almost no Pepsi trucks) and die an explosive death in 3 years.

But that's my opinion. Only you control your future.

Syrex

Years
    What you might want to do is question why you drink. Is it a compulsion, is there something you're trying to escape, or are you ding it for fun/socially? Look at your motivations.

It's a tempting thing, I admit. I live in an area where recreational binge drinking is commonplace. But I don't feel like I need to. Think about why you feel the need to drink before you go any further.

I think the reason I do it is because I'm just depressed all the time. I'm even on Zoloft

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I think the reason I do it is because I'm just depressed all the time. I'm even on Zoloft

Ooo, that's not good. There are other ways to relieve stress and depression than drinking. Write, draw, listen to music, TALK TO PEOPLE. You'll feel a lot better once you let out your stress in a non-drinking-and-drugs way. Especially in the long run. :3:

But anyway, about drinking in general....a little bit is fine, but when I'm of drinking age the last thing I'm gonna do is get drunk. It just ain't right!! :shocked:

Years
    Alcohol + Antidepressants = Bad Idea. It will kill your liver faster than just drinking, among other things.

I read that it stops the Zoloft from working, so drinking is probably not helping your depression. Another thing I read was that in some people, mixing Zoloft with alcohol can make people crave more alcohol.

I would suggest you NOT drink at all. Try to avoid it, and hope the Zoloft works.

Drinking because of depression usually doesn't end well. :\

Kelster

Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    It's pretty terrible how such a thing has become so "regular" in teens today. I can overhear people in my school talking about last weekend's party and the one coming up...
    Don't get sucked into it D:
    Wouldn't you rather remember what you did on the weekend?

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    I'm 14 turning 15 and have been offered alcohol so many times.
    So one of these many times I decided I would go to the party.
    I took one sip of a green bottle(I think it was heineken)and I almost threw up.
    It was absolutely disgusting, and then I thought to myself "What are you doing here" and after that night never drank again.
    So dude don't drink it's not good for you unless your body is ready for it, and it tastes like crap anyway.
    Just wondering was it you who decided to drink or did peer pressure get to you?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't oppose or advocate drinking, alcohol's nice to have on occasion but in the end I'd rather be drinking Pepsi or something.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    You're suppose to drink it quick so you don't taste it... awkward.

Anyway, I think you should drink alcohol during occasions such as parties or other things. You shouldn't drink if you know you're not going to stay at your friend's house and go on the Belt Parkway and almost crash into a car that's merging!!!!

I'm happy that I use the train more these days. Also, no, I've never fallen under peer pressure.

Syrex

Years
    I'm 14 turning 15 and have been offered alcohol so many times.
    So one of these many times I decided I would go to the party.
    I took one sip of a green bottle(I think it was heineken)and I almost threw up.
    It was absolutely disgusting, and then I thought to myself "What are you doing here" and after that night never drank again.
    So dude don't drink it's not good for you unless your body is ready for it, and it tastes like crap anyway.
    Just wondering was it you who decided to drink or did peer pressure get to you?

I decided on my own. I'll try to stop for awhile and see if it improves any, my depression that is.

I don't oppose or advocate drinking, alcohol's nice to have on occasion but in the end I'd rather be drinking Pepsi or something.

I really do enjoy pepsi, I would I'd get addicited to that and become fat :P

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    My father has always had alcohol in the house, but I've never really had the urge to drink it. Even he rarely touches it, and if he's out at the pub he's usually the designated driver and prefers a soft drink.
    I'm allowed to drink in the house, and on some occasions I do, but it's nothing great to me- I can't stomach anything other than alcopops. I'd rather have a coke or a J2O instead. :/
    Maybe that's just the way I was brought up, but it seems that every weekend my friends go out binge drinking, most of whom are less than 17 years old. You know it's bad when you're out walking in the street and you see your friends vomiting everywhere and struggling to get home.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    The best thing to do is find three or four things you love to do/eat/drink. Then just keep doing those; sure you might find yourself addicted to something a lot less harmful like cupcakes or Pepsi or even Super Smash Bros XD but at least it isn't alcohol.

Alcohol is fine in moderation, especially if you're a college/university student (but it looks like you're not..). There's plenty of things college students can be having fun with without drinking, though, (this isn't directed toward you.) Have a movie night or do a giant study group to get everyone's homework out of the way before the weekend, even just going out to play tennis or soccer with a big group can be really addicting and keep you away from the party scene!

Parties can be fun, but if you're a bad dancer, not interested in hooking up with someone, or don't really like drinking, then it can get boring and awkward fast. Make sure you give your friends healthy alternatives and seriously convince them otherwise. Not to say you have to avoid parties altogether! (social suicide XD) but definitely mix it up.

Syrex

Years
    The best thing to do is find three or four things you love to do/eat/drink. Then just keep doing those; sure you might find yourself addicted to something a lot less harmful like cupcakes or Pepsi or even Super Smash Bros XD but at least it isn't alcohol.

Alcohol is fine in moderation, especially if you're a college/university student (but it looks like you're not..). There's plenty of things college students can be having fun with without drinking, though, (this isn't directed toward you.) Have a movie night or do a giant study group to get everyone's homework out of the way before the weekend, even just going out to play tennis or soccer with a big group can be really addicting and keep you away from the party scene!

Parties can be fun, but if you're a bad dancer, not interested in hooking up with someone, or don't really like drinking, then it can get boring and awkward fast. Make sure you give your friends healthy alternatives and seriously convince them otherwise. Not to say you have to avoid parties altogether! (social suicide XD) but definitely mix it up.

I've found myself drinking alot of Kool-aid lately.
    Kool-aid and Anime is all I really have.

My father has always had alcohol in the house, but I've never really had the urge to drink it. Even he rarely touches it, and if he's out at the pub he's usually the designated driver and prefers a soft drink.
    I'm allowed to drink in the house, and on some occasions I do, but it's nothing great to me- I can't stomach anything other than alcopops. I'd rather have a coke or a J2O instead. :/
    Maybe that's just the way I was brought up, but it seems that every weekend my friends go out binge drinking, most of whom are less than 17 years old. You know it's bad when you're out walking in the street and you see your friends vomiting everywhere and struggling to get home.

I agree, I always find a place to stay when I do go drinking on the weekends. I'd never go home. It'd shame my parents.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I know there is no point. I can't really explain why I do. I always say to myself, "No, I will not drink" and I end up doing it anyway

That's called addiction. It's probably minor now (I don't know how long this has been going on for you or how bad it really is), but it can and probably will get worse if you don't correct yourself or seek help.

On a personal note, alcoholism runs in my family (my grandfather was an abusive alcoholic and eventually drank himself to death), so I'm basically going to try and never touch the stuff. I know that alcohol is okay in moderation, but I'm not willing to take the chance with my family history. If you've had (or have) alcoholic relatives, your chances of being an alcoholic are higher than normal, so bear that in mind.

Syrex

Years
    That's called addiction. It's probably minor now (I don't know how long this has been going on for you or how bad it really is), but it can and probably will get worse if you don't correct yourself or seek help.

On a personal note, alcoholism runs in my family (my grandfather was an abusive alcoholic and eventually drank himself to death), so I'm basically going to try and never touch the stuff. I know that alcohol is okay in moderation, but I'm not willing to take the chance with my family history. If you've had (or have) alcoholic relatives, your chances of being an alcoholic are higher than normal, so bear that in mind.

I started drinking at the age of 15. It's two years now.

My parents are both heavy drinkers and whenever i crave some alcohol, I just ask them and they either give it to me or buy it for me if I have the money. All I have to do is drive them to the store. Seeing how they are drunk all the time. I don't think they realize they are buying me alcohol.

Another thing, I'm quite popular along the party crowd because I can get the alcohol no problem. So, I don't know who my real friends are and who are not using me to get them alcohol.

Of course I know for a fact that I have a few friends that are not using me. Brooke, Matt, Tyler, and my Step-brother. They never ask me to get them alcohol, nor do they drink. They've all been trying to get me to stop. It was working for awhile. I stopped for about a month and started back up because of my father coming out to be Gay. That broke mine and my mother's heart.

I accept gays and have no problem with it, but he was with my mother for 19 years. I was more worried for her than anything else.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    well if you're depressed maybe you should get therapy or something but don't just try to stop this on your own if you know you need help, this can turn into a serious matter.

Back