• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Dropped Items

Years
  • I need a script so that when I defeat a Pokémon, it drops one or more pre-defined items for me in v17.
    For example: when defeating a Caterpie, it would drop 0-5 "bug essences", and when defeating Butterfree, it would drop 2-10 "bug essences" + 1 Bug Wing.
    In the case of new items that will be created, and in random quantity.
    I found a script and made some modifications, but I think it's not exactly what I need:

Code:
    ### Wild pokemon drops item if defeated
      def pbDropItem (i)
        if rand(100)>50 && !@opponent
          $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(:RandomItem)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} dropped {2} from the pokemon!", $Trainer.name, PBItems.getName(RandomItem)))
          end
      end

Please, could you help me make this script?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    <Snipped>

Hi, I moved your thread here, to the Pokemon Essentials section.
    This is the place to post your questions involving Pokemon Essentials itself.

You should mention which major version of essentials you are on. v17 and v18 have very different battle system code, to say the least!

Back