• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DRUGS

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    All drugs should be legalized. What you and I chose to put in our bodies is no business of the government's.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I smoke weed, I have for a while now. I really see no problem in letting loose and having a little fun. I hate the amount of taboo and prejudice linked against marijuana. It's exactly like the Alcohol prohibition of the late 20s, except that was much shorter lived. And it's for that reason that I think the marijuana prohibition in the US and Canada will stop as well, in our lifetime.

Personally, I don't smoke cigarettes. I don't drink alcohol (not more than a few beers, anyway), I don't do any harder drugs and have never been addicted to anything. I think it's stupid to let yourself go that far. But take it from an avid pot smoker, marijuana is not addictive -- all you need is self-control. If you don't have any of that, how can you possibly blame marijuana? That's a personal issue.

My thoughts. I don't expect everyone to agree, and to each their own.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't understand the appeal of drugs. :/ As someone who has to take a lot of painkillers (percocet is my mainstay) and thus deals with the loss of inhibitions and mental alertness quite often, I simply don't see the appeal of taking it recreationally. But then I guess anything is more fun when you don't have to do it. Apparently even I'm a hell of a lot more fun when I'm high but I hate hate hate hate hate it. So I'm definitely biased in that I think it's stupid to turn to drugs and alcohol to have fun or relax. I've blacked out nearly a whole month of my life straight because of painkillers; why do people do that sort of thing for a laugh? (I understand some things like pot are probably more like a buzz than actually being out of it but... I still have zero desire to try any of it. D:)

While I don't see the appeal, I also don't see a problem with people doing drugs recreationally. The harder, more dangerous things should remain illegal but opening the gate for pot would be fine with me. I can't really find many arguments against it aside from the fact that I hate the smell. So I suppose to each his own but I wouldn't know where to draw the line on what drugs are okay and what aren't. So long as people are safe with it and don't bother me, it's not really my business.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I smoke weed, I have for a while now. I really see no problem in letting loose and having a little fun. I hate the amount of taboo and prejudice linked against marijuana. It's exactly like the Alcohol prohibition of the late 20s, except that was much shorter lived. And it's for that reason that I think the marijuana prohibition in the US and Canada will stop as well, in our lifetime.

The prohibition was removed because crime skyrocketed with people illegally obtaining it (among other problems that arose from it going from widely popular to illegal in an instant, instead of transitioning). Not because it merited being legal. Because of the marijuana taboo you mentioned yourself, it's not gonna happen.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't mean to be so matter-of-fact and stoic about this, but it is NOT okay to do illegal drugs. If the law says it's not okay, then it's not okay. Regardless of whatever experience it brings.
    The law says plenty of things that aren't tolerable are (like bank CEOs spending government bailout money on new jet planes) and plenty of things that are tolerable aren't (like doing marijuana in your own home where it doesn't bother anyone else).

The law is completely separate from ethics, please don't confuse the two.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    What do you guys think about parents and drug abuse? There are laws that, of course, deal with neglect and abuse of children, but preemptively should there be any action. Mostly, I am talking about harder drug or severe drug abuse. Meth for example.
    Also, what about pregnant women? Should they be allowed to smoke or drink, let alone use recreational drugs?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If I chose to use drugs, only I will suffer the consequences. Telling me otherwise in nanny state behavior.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    If I chose to use drugs, only I will suffer the consequences. Telling me otherwise in nanny state behavior.

So women who are pregnant should be allowed to drink alcohol and abuse drugs, even if it affects the child's health, and pose a threat to the child's life?

As a parent, you are responsible for your child's health. Every single study done through universities and governmental agencies state that drugs inhibit parenting, and are attributed with neglect and abuse of children.

These are some effects of Alcohol Fetus Syndrome.
    DRUGS

Should a parent be able to do this to their child?

A study of children in foster care found that those whose parents had substance abuse problems were more likely to have suffered neglect, such as malnourishment, poor hygiene, having physical needs unmet, having been unattended or unsupervised, and having parents who had left the household with an uncertain return, than children whose parents did not have substance abuse problems (60.6 percent vs. 29.3 percent).

Children who have been exposed prenatally to illicit drugs are two to three times more likely to be abused or neglected than are children in similar social and economic circumstances, but whose mothers did not use drugs prenatally.

Most welfare professionals (79.6%) report that substance abuse causes or contributes to at least half of all cases of child maltreatment; 39.7% say it is a factor in over 75% of the cases. Are these welfare professionals incorrectly reporting?

You know, as well as I do, parental drug abuse affects children. As far as "nanny state" behavior goes, the government is the only buffer between children and parents. If parents are harming their children or neglecting their children the government needs to step in and protect the children.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023

Oh... You don't mean Craig Owens sexy voice?

I feel that marijuana and alcohol aren't bad in smaller amount-ages... But it has to be under control.

Last edited:
    Back