• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen DS instead of 3DS

Mr. Magius

  
Years
  • They're also respecting the fact that a large amount of players, like me for instance, haven't moved on to the 3DS yet.

It seems more logical to have a pair of direct sequels on the same console. Plus, it would be a lot easier for the game development team to stick with the B/W NDS engine and add onto it, rather than create an entirely new one for the 3DS. I guess Game Freak's just gonna blow us away with the next set of games for 3DS?

xGunLuis

Let's Player
    Years
  • i think because since black and white was made on the ds as well as diamond/pearl/platinum i guess they just wanna keep the trend..plus i think the 3ds would be a huge strain as well

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I agree they are keeping it on the DS because they want to keep Gen V together. For sure the next gen will be on the 3DS and plus many people haven't gotten a 3DS yet.

Cid

Years
  • I think it was a logical move on Nintendo's part. Sales would get much higher if they released it in the DS, and a game for it is compatible with both systems anyway so. Since it's still Generation V and they sort of it to be more traditionally connected to the other DS games, they went with the same handheld. The DS isn't dead just yet, I guess.

I'm personally happy they made this decision. B/W was already a DS game of great quality, and not jumping into foreign ground would maintain that same glorious quality that I enjoyed. This is running on the assumption that if they did go with the 3DS, it would have been too soon at this time, and the quality probably wouldn't be too much of a step-up from the recent past. That would be disappointing. If they do make the R/S remakes, they should go straight ahead with the 3DS, haha. But B2/W2 belongs with DS compatibility.

Back