• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS or DSi. which is better?

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I don't prefer either, they both balance each other perfectly.

The DS is cheaper, has GBA compatibility and the DSi has all those excess bells and whistles but no GBA compatibility, which I find huge. o3o

I couldn't decide. o3o

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    So we also mourn the loss of the GBA slot of the DS, in particular, due to the amount of Pokemon games I have on the GBA, I understand the reason for Nintendo to do what's waiting for the future not backward.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
    I went with the DS Lite so I could play GBA games (and be able to get a Hoenn based game so I can play all gens ... still have my game boy color with blue in it and Heartgold/SoulSilver for 2nd Gen). I have a Droid phone so it handles all my mobile internet needs (I'm guessing better than the DSi does), and has a mobile camera.

So DSi is great IMHO if you don't have a smart phone... if you have a smart phone then I would go for the DS since A: more gaming options, and B: cheaper.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    3DS, mainly because of it's new gfx engine and able to play ported PS3/Xbox 360 games very well. Look at Street Fighter IV, well a bit sharp it's practically a perfect conversion.

Besides, most DS games released now actually require you to have the camera which the DS/DSL don't.

You might as well just upgrade to the 3DS mainly because most if not all games are gonna jump right in mainly because of it's gfx capabilities. It's certainly going to crush the hand held competition(aka sony) Sony needs to bring out the PSP 2, or release a refresh with a gfx engine that can match or beat the 3ds.

Back