• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS Speculation and beyond!(Includes all Diamond/Pearl Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
Years
  • Here's everything I know about the DS, ya might wanna add this stuff to the top post. Here we go~

DS Download Play:
    Very cool feature, if you are near another DS which has a game in it that you don't have, you can press 'DS Download Play' and it'll be beamed into your DS. Only thing is, if the DS with the game goes out of range, or you turn your DS off, the game that was beamed in isn't saved. But, that's why they have...

Sleep Mode:
    Say you wanted a game you beamed into your DS to stay, you'd put your DS on sleep mode so you don't have to turn it off, but you might want to plug it in, because it'll shut off when the battery dies.

Standby Mode:
    EXACT same as sleep mode, except the it turns on when another DS comes in range.

PictoChat:
    IMO, PictoChat will definatly raise the sales. You can see if any other DS units are online and if they are, you can use an on-screen keyboard or an on-screen drawing pad to draw/type to the other user.

802.11b:
    Nintendo DS will be usable with a 802.11b wireless router sometime in 2005, rumored to use something called "DeMasked". Think of the possibilities, you can play against people all over the world!

LAN:
    For multiplayer games, the DS could use a LAN to connect everyone instead of it's wireless reciever/transmitter.

Linux:
    There is a group working on trying to get Linux onto the DS, like they were with the XBox.
    https://dslinux.com

More later

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Err... that's all well and good, but it features nothing on the Pokemon aspect of things. It just sas things about the DS itself. If you wanted to talk about that, you should have gone to Other Games. Sorry. :(

xCloudx

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • I wonder bout Diamond and Pearl. I don't think they should make a brand new story. They should continue from Ru/Sa. A new character,but like if you picked a boy you would might May or something. It would be more fun. ^-^

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    [INFO] Pok?mon Dash!!

Hi!!

Pok?mon dash, is the first Pokemon racing Game, and the first Pokemon Game for the Nintendo DS.

You will have a team with 6 Pok?mon's the you will do races.
    There will be 3 modes of racing:
    -Ground Mode: In this Mode, you will sprint around the ground, you will run better in the paved roads, but wortest in the forests.
    -Jump Mode: You will race, in the sky, with baloons
    -Exciting Descent Mode: The last one, you will see from the sky, two things, a part of ground, and other of foests, then you will try to put the baloon in one of the two.

THE RACING AREAS
    The only one, that have releaded was the Green Cup, is the first one.

COMPATIBYLTY WITH GBA
    One of the things, of the Pok?mon Dash, is that you can link the Pok?mon's of ALL your advance games, to your dash, and then do a race!!

P.D: For more info, go HERE (Link removed by MCD - NO ADVERTISING)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Er... this isn't new. Anyone could have gone to SPP or PPN and received the same info with much sharper picture quality and whatnot. I'm going to merge this with the speculation thread.

Mergey merge!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    In PNN, i only see a few information, and old pictures, and in serebii there is information, but a few screens...

Years
  • I don't really care about Dash i never really liked any other pokemon games than the rpgs. But i hope in the DS versions Diamond and Pearl that they preserve the GBA style. but that's just me :\

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • what Diamond/Pearl needs is 3D graphics...the DS probably won' be able to handle immersive 3D environments, but give the sprites the illusion of 3D, like the DK Country games for SNES. It will add a bit more realism to the game and wil help get rid of the "childish" label Pok?mon has been living with...

just my opinion...

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I'd rather Diamond/Pearl keep with the 2D, but make a huge world.

*votes for hte new gamecube game to be 3D RPG* :X

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ooooh, that reminds me. I was going to edit the first page about the new Gamecube Game. *runs off to edit* ^_^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Whatever... Actually, any news on the newest Pokemon game uncovered should go in N64 + Gamecube, since it is for the Gamecube after all. ^_^

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • I'm all for a 3D pokemon DS game...although they'd better make it compatable w/ Advanced gen. BTW, the DS has a full 3D accelerator that beats the N64, and we all know what developers did with that; a fully 3D pokemon game is possible. I'd be happy with 3D and/or a large world, as long as I can trade/move pokemon from the Advance.

Does anyone know if this will be allowed?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2005
    GONBE is one of many pre eloved form of the orignal pokemon there may be more to come.

Years
  • there cant be back trading because new pokemon info is not in the old games so they cant do that...unless they make that kinda time machine system like back in gold and silver...but thats just kinda gay...they just need to make games for gamecube and the consoles the you can bring you pokemon from all the versions on ds and future systems. like they dont gotta make all the versions backward tradeable on the handhelds but make them all tradeable/movable to the console system like gamcube or the next system. i know i kinda put it confusing but if you understand wat i mean it does make sense...

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I played it in japanese it was a let down compared to Fr/Lg. Its just another pokemon scam.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back