• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Dumb Screw-ups

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Haha, I just realized this entire time that I've been using this tablet, I've had my brush presets very arbitrary and wonky. It was a few stupid settings that I probably just randomly clicked while I was first introducing myself with Photoshop oh-so long ago, but I really should have known better as I familiarized myself with the program. All this time my lines were coming out very blurry and inconsistent, and I always just compensated instead of looking in the menus for an easier fix. Glazed right over it and kept on drawing for about two years! Don't know why I never just paid closer attention, it just never crossed my mind I guess?

Y'all ever done something dumb with art? Or realize you've been using some kind of tool (traditional / digital / etc) incorrectly for a long time? Share your mishaps and woes here!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I prefer to use pressure=size rather than pressure=opacity but my program often resets to the latter and I forget to change it? and I often forget to switch to paintbrush rather than airbrush when I first start drawing? I could probably fix things under presets or something but... idk.... but anyway when I start drawing it's just a disaster every time lmao

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That moment when you draw blissfully for hours and then notice you've been drawing on the white background layer instead of a transparent one :'(
    oh god and that ;____;

i usually notice as soon as i go to put on a new layer so it's just the sketch that is lost (which is fine it goes away anyway) but still like D:<

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Me trying to draw at all.
    Seriously, this one's for 3D art, forgetting to turn on dynamic topology for a sculpt and wondering why nothing's happening.

Years
  • ^ wait you can set undos? what how

Your undos are called History States. You can set it in your preferences to be higher! It'll take more memory to remember them all. It's under Performance.

I would give you some images to guide by, but it seems that imgur is having a fit.

Back