• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dumbest evolution competition

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    nah... all you guys got it wrong:

the worst evolution idea ever is...
    *drumroll*

LEAFEON!!! [WHAAT!?!]

i mean, sure... it's cute, as a matter of fact it's my favorite eeveelution, but: HOW DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT IT DOESN"T EVOLVE THROUGH A LEAF STONE?!?!?! o.O

That was ****ing stupid.

Glaceon... It just shouldn't have been made.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think Magnezone was pretty ridiculous, you started off with Magnemite and you put three of them together to make Magneton and then out of nowhere a Magnezone appears

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    drunk ¬_¬ said:
    i mean, sure... it's cute, as a matter of fact it's my favorite eeveelution, but: HOW DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT IT DOESN"T EVOLVE THROUGH A LEAF STONE?!?!?!
    One of the few things the games seem to like to keep consistent is that if you can't evolve a pokémon in a certain way in one version, then it is applied to all the other versions. Since Eevee->Leafeon by Leaf Stone was impossible in the other versions, they didn't want to make it possible in DPPt. Never mind all the other consistency errors, like with all the moveset changes. XD;

Remoraid->Octillery never made much sense to me. :/

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon here and say Lickilicky too. I mean, what the hell is the point? My mum found me watching Rise of Darkrai one afternoon, and was in fits of laughter for the rest of the day over the name alone.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon here and say Lickilicky too. I mean, what the hell is the point? My mum found me watching Rise of Darkrai one afternoon, and was in fits of laughter for the rest of the day over the name alone.

There is that, too.

Filler-

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Nosepass to Probopass. It's typing and stat changes were cool, but it's probably one of the dumbest looking pokemon in the game.

Tangela into Tangrowth. I mean, couldn't they think of anything better than that? At the very least they could have added some thorns to it's vines.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    Rhydon to a Rhyperior. They both look completely different from each other and they do not look like they are related. This is a bit crazy but why not gastly to a cloyster? Their faces both look the same.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
    golbat to crobat i reckon is probably the most senseless evolution. it gets smaller and truns purple. wtf?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I don't see why people think that it's weird that something gets smaller through evolution, have you seen Dragonball GT, the Oozaru turns into Super Saiya-jin 4, okay Super Saiya-jin 4 didn't make much sense in the first place but if you think about humans and how evolution got us to this state, don't you think we would have been much bigger when we were apes or even cavemen, don't forget about egyptians they must have been huge because no amount of people our size could of dragged one of those giant blocks up a steep slope while being a slave with minimum food.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I don't see why people think that it's weird that something gets smaller through evolution, have you seen Dragonball GT, the Oozaru turns into Super Saiya-jin 4, okay Super Saiya-jin 4 didn't make much sense in the first place but if you think about humans and how evolution got us to this state, don't you think we would have been much bigger when we were apes or even cavemen, don't forget about egyptians they must have been huge because no amount of people our size could of dragged one of those giant blocks up a steep slope while being a slave with minimum food.

That is a godly run-on sentence.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    *Shrugs* I dont know all these evolutions make sense too me... And much love to the LickiLicky dude... I mean... Oddish becomes flower pod that blooms.. Bellosom makes sense... Evolutions that get smaller are awesome too... And most of them only look like they got smaller cuz the anime... Most of the time you look at the stats and they make sense... Don't rag on Lickilicky.. What's so wrong with him? And don't state something that I couldn't state for any other Pokemon... Seriously half the evolutions don't make sense but enjoy them.. Pokemon selection would be a lot more shallow without them...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I can't really think of any that bother me at the moment. If I don't like them, I tend not to use them. Most of the ones being ragged on are decent Pokemon, actually. I guess I'll say Scizor. I love Scizor and Scyther, but Scizor could have just been a stand alone Pokemon, in my opinion. Scyther and Scizor don't even look related. At all. They should instead be 3rd cousins twice removed.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I can't decide whether

»

is worse than

»

Water-types. . XD​

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years

Many of the lesser-known Pokémon got evolutions to try and make them battle-worthy and well, less forgettable. Some of these designs were successful, such as Yanmega and Weavile, but many more ended up as...

*Gets a Huge effigy of Probopass, and sets it on fire*

(Hehehehehe, just kidding, I don't hate Probopass that much.)

Interestingly, Probopass is in the top 5 of two sites "Top Ten Worst/Weirdest Pokemon", to the point where some consider Probopass as "How not to Make a Pokémon".

Back