• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest thing you have EVER seen on Pokemon?

aaroNiGHTS

Dreamshipper
Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    4Kids Idea? No. Check the origional.

but really..

The idea that the team is younger then me, and has the sence to wash without motivation from elders. Showers are just too much effort.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Boy, do I gotta keep using this anology? Think in terms of Superman/Clark Kent. No one but us viewers can see that Clark Kent is Superman with glasses on. It's hard for the people in the show to tell it's them, while it's made blatantly obvious for us.

Remember, Satoshi is the MAIN CHARACTER of the show. That alone makes him special. It'd be boring to not show any of the Legendary Pok?mon. o_o But do remember that he's not the only one that's seen 'em. We have Todd who spotted Articuno, a child that's befriended a baby Lugia before Satoshi ever met one, Euisune has seen Suicune and Raikou, Kenta/Marina/Jun'ichi all met Raikou as well, two standard Johto filler characters met Entei and Zapdos..

Spoilers AHOY!

Team Magma got a hold of Kyogre and Team Aqua got a hold of Groudon much before Satoshi-tachi caught a glimpse of them.

So Satoshi isn't the ONLY one who meets 'em. Hell, even Masato developed a bond with Jirachi whereas the others didn't.

One of Ash's big 'destinies' is to see all of the Legendary Pokemon. I don't know why, it just is. He seems to be a magnet for them. I think they might as well just join him for the rest of the series, since he has so many run-ins with them.

Actually, I was kidding... I actually caught on to the whole Pokemon/D&D relation when the show first aired, so I knew that Ash was going to have lots of run-ins with the Legendary Pokemon.

I'll try and explain it as best as I can to everyone, and I know not everyone has played Dungeons and Dragons.

Basically, one of the most popular worlds in D&D is Forgotten Realms. A big thing with it is that the Gods (Ares, Aphrodite, Bahamut etc...) walk the earth. This means they could show up any time, anywhere.

Where Pokemon comes in is that the Legendary Pokemon, which seem to govern many of the aspects of the world of Pokemon, are like the Gods from the Realms. They show up on a whim, guide characters, and even fight amongst themselves if some of them get together. (Pokemon 2000 was a perfect example of this.)

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • Only stupid thing I can think about it right now is that Ash is so young. He's only 10 years old.. I just feel that's wrong. =/.

3 REGIS

Oo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oO
    Years
  • He is'nt currently, remember...in one of the shorts, ash had a 1 year anniversery with pikachu, ash turned 10 when he got him/her.so he's at least 11.

Last edited:

TeamRocket

The dumbest thing I have ever seen on Pokemon is named Ash Ketchum.

Years
  • I don't really watch the show but from what I remember:

How the basic plot is the same EVERY episode.

How team rocket always loose, meh I guess it is a kids show...

How Ash stops team rocket catching pokemon even when they are doing so legitimatley :\

Years
  • I don't really watch the show but from what I remember:

How the basic plot is the same EVERY episode.

How team rocket always loose, meh I guess it is a kids show...

How Ash stops team rocket catching pokemon even when they are doing so legitimatley
    That was back in Johto. Hoenn seems to have changed a little, but there are the occasional fillers. It's not as bad as it used to be though.

TeamRocket

I believe James and Jessie should always get more pokemon.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Miguel RC said:
    In the first Pokemon movie, Pikachu knocked out a Golem with Thunderbolt
    Rock-types in the anime have more of a Rock quality than Ground. They never said Rock-types were immune to Electricity, but that it's very difficult to win with an Eletric-type. Pikachu knocking out all three Pok?mon proved that guy didn't even train his Pok?mon properly.

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
  • I think the most stoopidessttt thing in the shows are that right from the beginnning that ash always gives away his best pokemon like butterfree, charizard, pidgeot,lapras,and snorlax,larvitar etc. And one other thing most of ash's pokemon never evolve like Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and his other ones i cant remember them all.
    And another dum thing would be the pokemon games you can never ever catch em all unless you trade or cheat. Plus y do they keep on making the pokemon gb games but they are always unparallel to the storyline.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    SS4Gotenks said:
    I think the most stoopidessttt thing in the shows are that right from the beginnning that ash always gives away his best pokemon like butterfree, charizard, pidgeot,lapras,and snorlax,larvitar etc. And one other thing most of ash's pokemon never evolve like Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and his other ones i cant remember them all.
    And another dum thing would be the pokemon games you can never ever catch em all unless you trade or cheat. Plus y do they keep on making the pokemon gb games but they are always unparallel to the storyline.

Erm, what are you talking about? The anime and game boy games are unrelated. One doesn't have to follow the other. *shakes head*

Anyway, the dumbest thing is: Team Rocket. They were evil in the first one. Now they are just stupid. It would be good if Giovanni called them in, and told them that if they didn't buckle up there ideas then they would be fired, and from that point on they were more evil. But, alas, I know that will never happen.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • SS4Gotenks said:
    I think the most stoopidessttt thing in the shows are that right from the beginnning that ash always gives away his best pokemon like butterfree, charizard, pidgeot,lapras,and snorlax,larvitar etc. And one other thing most of ash's pokemon never evolve like Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and his other ones i cant remember them all.
    Obviously you have no idea what the concept "giving away" means like a majority of the disgruntled fans. >_o Butterfree = Dead. Charizard is STILL HIS and is TRAINING. Pidgeot is STILL HIS and is simply protecting the Pidgey and Pidgeotto until they can fend for themselves. Lapras WAS his until they found its family. He promised it they'd find its family and they did. It was only a baby and needed to be with them, for Christ's sake. Snrolax? It's over at Prof. Oak's. o_O Larvitar? Same case with Lapras. The ONLY Pok?mon he's ever given full ownership to another trainer was Beedrill to Casey. -_-;

Pikachu and Bulbasaur COULD have evolved, but they didn't want to and prefered to stay as themselves. No sense in forcing them to evolve. Squirtle showed no signs of nearing evolution and it wouldn't have made sense to when it goes back to the Squirtle Gang. o_O Cause then it defeats the purpose of them being Squirtle. And as said before, the games and anime ARE NOT THE SAME. The anime's far more realistic than the games.

As for why the games require you to trade? Simple. Too many **** Pok?mon. Too many for one cart. Since there's no day/night feature in the latest games, we'd have to cramp everyone into a certain spot and it'd lower the chances of finding even the rare ones (Ralts and Skitty already have an 8% chance of finding them in the wild). Not to mention, it destroys the whole point of meeting people who have the other cart and trading with them.

As for the Rocket Gang, they were at one point no longer part of the gang in Johto. They ended up having to sign back up and had to pay ALL of their debt thanks to one of the Rocket Gang's Delibird following them around and collecting payment. XD Sakaki even told them to stay in Hoenn mainly to keep them out of his hair. Musashi and Kojirou are comic relief. Without them, the whole show would be too serious. Having serious villains is fun once in a while, but they end up being a real bore.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Psychic_Kimmy said:
    I think the dumbest thing ever on Pokemon is Team Rocket always keep coming back with expensive devices...after claiming many times that they are bankrupt??!?! I don't know, maybe Giovanni feels sorry for them and gives them all these things >.~

I'm in Aus too and I was watching the ep before Ash goes to Hoenn O____O I think I'm really behind!
    agree~~ where do they get all their equipment from?

Oh, and 4kids and WB ALWAYS change the pictures and stuff, but they banned Jynx. OK! What's the point? Since they change unecessary things, why don't they change her face into purple? Hong Kong does that! And since USA has higher technology, I don't see why they can't do it!
    *swear...*
    -------------------------------------
    PS: Orange Island is the best~! :D

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • jynx said:
    agree~~ where do they get all their equipment from?

Oh, and 4kids and WB ALWAYS change the pictures and stuff, but they banned Jynx. OK! What's the point? Since they change unecessary things, why don't they change her face into purple? Hong Kong does that! And since USA has higher technology, I don't see why they can't do it!
    *swear...*
    -------------------------------------
    PS: Orange Island is the best~! :D
    Not as easy as you think. Digital paint is pretty much the same thing as painting on a computer at home. Open up MS Paint or any art program and make yourself a black circle and attach it to some black lines. Fill the circle with black. Then change the black to purple and fill it in with the bucket. Turns all the lines purple, doesn't it? That'd be the same instance with Rujuura. Her entire outline would turn purple. Not to mention she's not making any major important appearances lately, so there isn't any reason to go nuts over it.

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
  • The dumbest thing is that Team Twirp is always pointing out the obvious. But I blame 4kids...

Ash: We're eating, eating...
    *later*
    Ash: walking...walking...
    *explosion*
    May: What was that?
    Brock: An Explosion!
    TR: *appears* "We're Tea-"
    Ash: It's Team Rocket! Blast them off Pikachu!
    *cliched scene here*
    *Team Rocket blasts off defeated*
    Ash:We defeated them Pikachu!
    Pikachu: Pika!
    End.

Or somthing like that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Jessie, James and Meowth ruined the show for me about 5-6 years ago.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • The Rocket Gang rarely ever interupts any of the good things anymore, such as Gym Battles. Thank god for that. Though they're so much better in Advanced Generation than they were during Pre-Hoenn.

Back