• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Dunsparce is Arceus

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    Dunsparce is Arceus, you always thought Dunsparce was just a weak normal type pokemon that you found in Dark Cave, but you were wrong. Dunsparce is Arceus, a god.

Dunsparce minus DNP = us-arce, flip the order and Arceus!!!!

Ok so being serious, it's probably just a cruel coincidence but if it's true than me raising a Dunsparce in Soul Silver was actually a good idea.

I was just looking for stuff when someone pointed out that Dunsparce has the letters ACDENPRSU take away DNP, and your left with ACERSU change the order and Arceus. But that's just a theory... a pokemon theory.

Years
    Haha, it's a fun coincidence, but I don't think it's anything more than that. Now, if it's Japanese name had been similar too, that's when I'd let the conspiracy theorists loose.

You've got to wonder how many other interesting coincidences there are too, where Pokemon's names can be found using the letters of others. I'm not talking about simple ones like finding Mew in Mewtwo, but something along the lines of being able to spell Ho-Oh using Honchkrow's name.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    such a conspiracy!!

I would have liked it if Gamefreak would have put a few more easter eggs and mysterious links into the games, actually. Stuff that we could spend hours discussing in fan forums only to have someone provide proof for in the end and have all cheer at how smart we were for noticing it xD

Last edited:
    Back