• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Duplicate Dynamic Label Problem

henryvinst

an unovan boy
Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hello PokéCommunity. I've been working on my fan game named "Pokémon Thunder Tourmaline" for the past tree years and this kind of issue aways holds me back from working on it. I'ts a XSE compiling problem witch when writing a script i got a pop up with the following error:

Duplicate Dynamic Label Problem

Dosen't matter how much i try to rewrite the script, even when i exclude the problematic lines i keep getting this error!

Here the script! It's ideed to be a rewarding system from the professor to the player based on the badges earned. i don't even know if it works on the game bc i can't compile it! If you found an error or dumb scripting fell free to corect me!

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x820
    if 0x1 goto @giveshinestone
    msgbox @texto1 0x6
    waitmsg
    applymovement 0x4 @lockback
    release
    end

#org @giveshinestone
    checkflag 0x822
    if 0x1 goto @giveeevee
    checkflag 0x121
    if 0x1 goto @alredy
    msgbox @shinestone 0x6
    giveitem 0x63 0x1 0x0
    msgbox @aftershine 0x6
    waitmsg
    setflag 0x121
    release
    end

#org @giveeevee
    checkflag 0x824
    if 0x1 goto @givedusk
    checkflag 0x122
    if 0x1 goto @alredy
    msgbox @givetexteevee 0x6
    countpokemon
    compare 0x800D 0x6
    if 0x1 goto @Full
    msgbox @take 0x6
    givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    fanfare 0x101
    msgbox @receive 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    msgbox @nick 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call @YesToNick
    setflag 0x122
    release
    end

#org @YesToNick
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    call 0x81A74EB
    return

#org @Full
    msgbox @Fullmsg 0x6
    release
    end

#org @giveduskstone
    checkflag 0x825
    if 0x1 goto @givemeltan
    checkflag 0x123
    if 0x1 goto @alredy
    msgbox @duskstonetext 0x6
    giveitem 0x64 0x1 0x0
    msgbox @afterduskstone 0x6
    waitmsg
    setflag 0x123
    release
    end

#org @givemeltan
    checkflag 0x827
    if 0x0 goto @alredy
    msgbox @meltant 0x6
    countpokemon
    compare 0x800D 0x6
    if 0x1 goto @Full
    msgbox @takemeltan 0x6
    givepokemon 0x43B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    fanfare 0x101
    msgbox @receivemeltan 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    msgbox @nick 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call @YesToNick
    msgbox 0x6 @biejoe
    waitmsg
    applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer
    applymovement 0x4 @leavegym
    hidesprite 0x4
    release
    end

#org @alredy
    msgbox @reddy 0x6
    waitmsg
    release
    end

#org @texto1
    = Joe: I remember when I started my\njourney just like you! Incineroar\lhas been my partner since he was\ljust a Litten! Don't be afraid of\lyour own dreams!

#org @shinestone
    = Joe: You got your first Pokémon\nbadge? How quick was that?\lCongratulations, you've done me\lproud! And to celebrate get this!

#org @aftershine

= Joe: It's an evolution stone, it\nwill help you evolve certain\lspecies of Pokémon that don't\levolve normally. These stones are\lpart of my research on Pokémon\levolution, and the starters you\land your friends received have in\lcommon the fact that they evolve\lin unconventional ways! Isn't\lthat something? After you get\lyour third badge, come back here\lfor another round of research!

#org @givetexteevee
    = Joe: I see you got your third\ninsignia! You're getting stronger\land stronger aren't you? And\lsince you've reached that level,\lI'm going to give you a very\limportant Pokémon for my\lresearch!

#org @take
    = Joe: It's an Eevee, the Evolution\nPokémon! It can transform into up\lto eight evolutions!

#org @Fullmsg
    = Joe: To give you your next gift\nyou need to have at least one\lvacant space on your team! Come\lback when you have a place for\lyour new friend!

#org @recive
    = Joe: I look forward to seeing\nwhich Eeveelution you choose!\lKeep growing as a trainer and\lcome back here for more\lencouragement from me! After\lbattling Elliot you've received\lanother part of the research!

#org @nick
    = Joe: Would you like to give your\nnew Pokémon a nickname?

#org @alredy
    = Joe: How's your progress? You\nseem quite up for adventure don't\lyou?

#org @duskstone
    = Joe: Congratulations! Your fifth\nbadge was faster than the\lprevious ones! You really want to\lcomplete the research don't you?

#org @afterdusk
    = Joe: It's a Dusk Stone, you can\nuse it to evolve Pokémon like\lMurkrow, Misdreavus and many\lothers. As you are almost close\lto becoming a Pokémon master your\lfourth and last gift will be a\lvery special Pokémon not found in\lnature! I guarantee you'll be\lback in no time!

#org @meltant
    = Joe: Congratulations, you have\ncompleted all the gym challenges\lin the Fioren region! I am so\lproud to have chosen you to carry\lout a part of my research! And as\lpromised, here is your biggest\lpresent! It's a Meltan, the Hex\lNut Pokémon.

#org @receivemeltan
    = Joe: This Pokémon evolves in a\nspecialway that's different from\lothers,and it's your job to figure\lout how to evolve it!

#org @biejoe
    = Joe: You must have realised\nthere's a Pokémon gym here in\ltown, right? That's right, it's\lmy gym! Besides being a trainer,\lteacher and researcher, I'm also\lthe leader of the Lillypetal Town\lgym! If you're going to take on\lmy brother Charlie in the elite\lfour, a challenge against your\lteacher will help prepare you! We\lboth use fighting Pokémon! When\lyou're ready, you know where to\lfind me!

#org @lockback
    #raw 0x0 = Lock Down
    #raw 0xFE = End of Movements

#org @moveplayer
    #raw 0x12 = Step Left (Normal)
    #raw 0x3 = Face Right

#org @leavegym
    #raw 0x11 = Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 0x13 = Step Right (Normal)
    #raw 0x13 = Step Right (Normal)
    #raw 0x10 = Step Down (Normal)

Help!!!

Last edited:

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    You can't use the same dynamic label multiple twice. You've got "#org @alredy" used for a script block and for some text. That's just the first one I found
    Want to avoid all this? Use hexmaniacadvance's script editor instead. It handles the compile step internally so you don't have to worry about stuff like this and can just write and edit scripts wherever. It's easier and safer than xse

henryvinst

an unovan boy
    Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    You can't use the same dynamic label multiple twice. You've got "#org @alredy" used for a script block and for some text. That's just the first one I found
    Want to avoid all this? Use hexmaniacadvance's script editor instead. It handles the compile step internally so you don't have to worry about stuff like this and can just write and edit scripts wherever. It's easier and safer than xse

Of course!! i knew something like this was hapenning! once again my dumb scripting lol! I'll try to change the dynamic labels and see if it works! Nice to know that HMA has a script editor, will sure try it! Thank you for helping!

Back