• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dylan and Cole Sprouse Commercial.

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
Years
  • haha, i just saw the commercial, but didn't find it on youtube, but i found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1OheEBo7M

I like to see people in my age-range play Pokemon, but it annoys me how they say Pokemon, Pokewalker, and whatnot. :D

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place, or not, but it's about SoulSilver, and HeartGold, so i'd imagine i put it in the right place.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    You can tell they don't really play the series XD

FerretFox41

OOH... SHINY...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Well, you know, they might actually play the series. My dad actually plays the games, and he loves them, but you'd never be able to tell. I mean, sure, they over-exaggerate the "ay" sound in Pokemon horribly, but, so does the narrator in some of the English dubs of the anime.

I like the fact that they advertise it using popular TV actors, since it might help stop some of the harassment that little kids give to each other about Pokemon being stupid.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • While it relates to HG/SS, this discussion is more about the video itself and not actually the games. So, I'm just moving this to Live, The Universe, and Everything where it seems more fitting.

I did see the commercial myself just yesterday, and the way Dylan says Pokémon irks me. "Poke-KAY-mon." ;-;

Évan1

Now you're gone!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Wow, really? It's pretty cool to use TV stars to advertise Pokémon HG & SS. Though I can't seem to picture any of them actually playing Pokémon >,>

ßrooke

A Kiss With A Fist
    Years
  • That kind of amused me ^^ Lol.
    You can tell that they don't play the game, but maybe it was intended to come off that way? Maybe they tried to make it look like they were obviously acting so the commercial would be funny.

Years
  • Pretty cool i guess, they don't know what they're doing but it was alright :P
    but ya pretty cool that somewhat famous people ( they aren't really famous, they're on the disney channel -.- ) area advertising pokemon

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Poke-AYYYYY-mon this! Poke-AYYYYY-mon that! That's SOOOOOOO annoying!
    I do agree that they are using older actors to endorse the product, though. I get harassed for playing it, but I say Oh Well! It's just a video game!

I agree.... If I ever see that commercial again.... I will shoot them... I realize Poh-kay-mon is the proper Japanese pronunciation.... But Poh-kaaaaay-mon? Over enunciation FTL....

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    My apologies to Hiiro, one of the moderators. I didn't know that there was already a thread on this topic.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how I feel about the Sprouse Bros. advertising Pokemon. I've been reading comments on YouTube, and some feel that this is a good way to attract an older audience to Pokemon, while others feel that it will result in more people making fun of Pokemon, since not everyone's a fan of Dylan and Cole. It's quite an interesting debate.

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
  • I stopped playing pokemon for a while after that commercial....
    Pokemon has enough publicity, they don't need to resort to using the sprouse twins...

Dwayne Johnson advertising pokemon=stupid but cool

Sprouse twins advertising pokemon= stupid but stupid

Obama advertising pokemon= apocalypse

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    lol

There were a couple of times in there, where they said it in a more toned down way, which is how I say it. But for the most part, all the 'KAY' was really annoying, and it actually makes me not want to play HG/SS for the next few days. >_> All in all, I believe that they are fans to a point, might not be Pokemon-forum-joining type fans, but I bet they really did play HG/SS and liked it an extent.

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • i believe they play. they're eighteen, they probably played as kids. i think it's cool they did this, Although it would be cooler if the Jonas Brothers did it. haha. And you have no idea how serious I am. :D

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    i believe they play. they're eighteen, they probably played as kids. i think it's cool they did this, Although it would be cooler if the Jonas Brothers did it. haha. And you have no idea how serious I am. :D

Please never repeat that. I may have to commit suicide.

The advert was interesting but all of my opinions have been expressed. I have nothing to say on that subject.

Back