• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DZ's Sketch Block

What are your thoughts on my art?

• Excellent! Well Done!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good!

• It was ok.....

• Needs improvement...

• -.-"

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Hello there PC members and friends and welcome to my art gallery! :) This is my first year in art so I'm doing everything I can to improve my skills.

Here is my first one:
    Spoiler:

I drew up this little semi-realistic doodle of a cat in the afternoon just today while me and someother people were watching the Road to El Dorado. I didn't feel like focusing the whole time on the big screen so I decided to multi-task instead.

Spoiler:

I drew this a few months back for a friend over dA. We each decided to trade each other's personal characters and exchange the drawings once it's done. It's the full body of a wolf though I've improved a lot since then.

Spoiler:

I drew this in Photoshop CS5 just to experiment with the tools and the overall function of my tablet. Didn't take too long to make but this is months old.

Spoiler:

An unfinished outline for someone over dA. I wanted to give it as a gift but I decided to just practice sketches and body forms of wolves but I might decide to finish this one day. Maybe.

These drawings are all months old but I still luffs them so if you have any questions, comments or constructive criticisms, comment away! Thanks for taking the time to look at all of them! :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • You're on the right path with drawing and practicing every day! So good on that! I recommend that you try to leave your underdrawings and structure lines show the next time that you post something, so I can better critique your work and where you may be able to improve. What I see right now is a lack of structure, especially in the faces of your work, when they are not in profile view. Try and work on that; for example, in the last one, the ears of your wolf is facing one way, whereas the face is facing the other way. The eyes are also flat and not in perspective. And the floor plane of the back stomach is too low, but you would be able to see this with a simple structure drawover, since usually the base of the tail is lined with the base of the belly when an animal is sitting.
    Your use of overlap is good, and that's really great because that's usually what most artists struggle with, so I am glad to see you are using reference to try and understand structure without directly copying, but you just need to push yourself a bit further by deconstructing the form.

I recommend works by Joe Weatherly (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ctnBmTVj5x8/TIWpQzcKReI/AAAAAAAAFFk/56iXinvObk8/s1600/Animal+Anatomy.jpg) or David Coleman to help you, or pop on over to the Drawover Paintover thread if you would like me to take a look at one of your works.

Keep at it! Hope to see more soon!

Back