• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia (M)

Years
  • CLEAR [BZZT!]

Also, for Cursed Books Fans; I may run a seond RP alongside with Earth and Sky here pretty soon. E&S is becoming a bit slow in post's and having both RP's around may be a good change of pace in a small sense of the word.

If I can keep the gears turning and my interest moving, I'm thinking of returning to making CB back into an RPG game.

I still, cannot, find a Grandia based Combat system to use in RPG maker.

So I'm thinking of either doing one of two things. Either look up the Golden Sun based battle system and use it in RPGmaker VXAce, which has been done and attempt to make a game world where you can use your characters cursed book powers to interact with this world; Or study up on some java script and make the RPG game to cram it onto a browser for fun; using the grandia time bar based system.

I may even start a poll asking for preferences.

316ujno.jpg

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • The concept has too many possibilities ;-; it's so hard to choose. But when you remake the rp, will you be keeping the mind control one that slowly turns you into a wolf because that was my favourite. :3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Sorry about the delay! Life n' feelings' n stuff. vwv I already talked to you via VMs, Quto, but I'll totally make the effort to jump back in. Starting ... now!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • x
    KASSI BUNKATSU
    Party:
    478.png
    280.png
    132.png

Alignment:
    Skyward

Badge:
    2/8

CH X | X PT
    Chasing Fate

Lethia

Name: Kassi Bunkatsu
    Nickname: Kas
    Sex: Female

Appearance: Kassi is somewhat tall, nearing six feet, though she seems taller as she always wears geta sandals. This matches her kimono, which is a soft pale blue lined with gray-white and form-fitting with her black corset. She has pale skin, somewhat slanted eyes that always glow a bright emerald green, and shiny jet black hair in which she parts the bangs and lets it fall naturally straight, covering her ears. She wears very faint and modest makeup, mainly blush and eyeliner to suit her medium-length lashes and finely-plucked brows. She has a medium, slightly thin body type and build, though she notably has some muscle that's generally only seen when in use. She looks rather reserved and shy, which is generally true, though she tends to also show a very kind heart and if she feels close to someone she could talk for hours on end.

Bio: Kassi was born in a small but well-known town in Kanto, with some less than caring parents, but a very compassionate older brother, who took care of her when their parents didn't. They got along well, he taught her many skills as well as life lessons, pretty much everything she could possibly have wanted to know. Of course, he had very optimistic goals, and she followed suit, looking up to him in a way most people may never understand. Even in circumstances, very important circumstances, he never showed her anything but brotherly love. She couldn't say one bad thing about him, at least that was how she felt about him. The both of them were seen as fairly strange to others, but they didn't care. Kassi followed her brother all through Kanto, and even through some of Johto. And then, they saw this flyer, and then... And then.....

..... She can't remember what happened next.....

..... She remembers waking in a hospital bed, among numerous other people. She asked what happened, but both the nurses and the other patients seemed as confused as she was. All she had left was Spirit, her Froslass. With no sign of her brother anywhere, she decided that she would continue on her own ambitions and goals. She knew her parents would not approve of her life choices, but she knew not to worry about their opinions. She quickly set her goals: "become stronger with my friends, find my brother, and challenge him to a battle."

With this in mind, she continued on to Johto, where she'd make one more friend, a Ditto whom she named Shifty. One day, however, she heard a voice, an odd one she didn't quite recognize. It told her to follow her destiny, and everything would fall into place. She then received an egg, one she felt held vital importance. The voice that spoke to her was beautiful, soft, and calming, but she urged its warning and promised to take good care of the egg. A Ralts soon hatched, one she named Chi. One year passed from this point (give or take) and she learned of Earth and Sky, and Lethia. Immediately she was excited and intrigued, and signed herself up. She had trained before with her brother, and he taught her everything. It was not difficult for her to gain entry, and from there, a huge new adventure awaited.

Name: Spirit
    Species: Froslass
    Sex: Female
    Move Set: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball

Name: Chi
    Species: Ralts
    Sex: Male
    Moves: Heal Pulse, Misty Terrain, Psychic

Name: Shifty
    Species: Ditto
    Sex: -
    Moves: Transform

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Quto, I've just realised something. With us now having teams, this means that every member of the team HAS to have 8 badges to enter the league. If Nate and Cabbage only have 8, then the team can't participate due to Yellow and Cayo's characters obviously entering the team at quite a late stage. Am I right in thinking this?

Years
  • Quto, I've just realised something. With us now having teams, this means that every member of the team HAS to have 8 badges to enter the league. If Nate and Cabbage only have 8, then the team can't participate due to Yellow and Cayo's characters obviously entering the team at quite a late stage. Am I right in thinking this?

Incorrect.

I'll explain more on the league entry then. In order for a trainer to enter the Tournament phase, he or she themselves must obtain their own 8 badge components. If one person already has his/her components; then it's enough to gain entry towards the 2nd and final phase, their entire team does not need 8 badge components each.

The last contest takes place off of Lethia; When you assemble your badge, the surface will gleam with a little light pointing in the direction of the finals, you just need to make it out of the region and follow the badge's direction.

Before anyone with 8 already asks "Why am I still in this lousy, deadly region then?!" It's to better improve your chances in the last contest; providing you LOSE a match.

One assembled badge will gain you entry, and earn you a spot.

If you lose a match, it's sudden death elimination so your out until the next year. This can be ignored if you offer up another assembled badge. Your loss will count as a 'by' and you can stay in the tournament phase without having to go back to Lethia and re-earning your badge components next year, just you'll be matched with a different trainer.

Ontop of this, only one trainer is required to win in order for everyone on your team to benefit in the last prize. This doesn't seem like much, but it's putting more odds in the favor of the trainers. If multiple team members have entry, and you somehow lost and got booted out of the tournament phase because of a fluke or stronger trainer in your bracket; you still have a good chance of getting the grand prize providing another stronger trainer on your team is still in the contest.

So to put shortly:
    No, If you have the components, then that's all you need to enter.
    It would just be wiser for your team and yourself to gather more to put more of the odds in your favor.
    The final tournament is still a ways off and we as characters may develop pokemon teams beyond understanding of what they know now, who knows.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Sounds good to me... If only Cabbage was active and Cayo was around...

Also, may I just point out how amusing it is that 3 characters have something for Shadaon xD.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Wait a moment... Dusk?

QizFfNA.gif

*Peers intently at Satan.exe's artwork*

I almost didn't notice. In hindsight, that art style and the fancy post CSS is very familiar~

I didn't expect you to show up~

Also, Shadoan needs more capes.
    52ntgXN.gif

Speaking of Valorie, I arted her in the Puyo Puyo art style.

Wl33X23.png

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • How could I not? It's been loitering in my mind for ages and won't stop walking on the grass ;-;

This new character should certainly spice things up in some special, exciting ways...

Years
  • It occured to me I should probably up the danger factor......

Anyone up to watch the Loft go up in flames or would they prefer an attack on the loft?

If anyone is up for the second, I will not reveal the attacker, but it won't be an expected attack from the current main antagonists.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Oh i know someone to pull up an attack. The Phantom Organization Executive Duo Shade and Darkia. It is up to you.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • It occured to me I should probably up the danger factor......

Anyone up to watch the Loft go up in flames or would they prefer an attack on the loft?

If anyone is up for the second, I will not reveal the attacker, but it won't be an expected attack from the current main antagonists.

I'm going to take the neutral route here, and it's not that I just threw Morty into partially random danger. I want to expand on my little Hypno subplot, explain some of the little things, and then go back into the main stuff. Nothing too crazy, and I'll be taking a slightly more serious tone to everything after that.

Years
  • I can accept life as an excuse, but even then... *Sigh* I'll give the main topic and the OOC another month.

If noone post's. I'm going to scrap E&S from poke'community and leave it up for anyone who wants to Game Master.
    Let them make their own use of it.

If I can find the RPGmaker VXAce Engine scripts for pokemon; I'll litterally build Lethia and E & S from there.

Ontop of that, I'll do another [FOR THE HELL OF IT] spoiling E&S before shutdown.

Years
  • Once more
    FOR THE HELL OF IT!

~ This was going to be the final E&S on Lethia. The ending post's and scenes would be that Lethia goes cosmic; the region floats into outer space and would become a massive spaceship protected by Grimor.

~ If I did another E&S, it you take place in either Kanto, Jhoto, Hoen, Sinnoh and so on.

~ I had icons, images and ideas I DESPERATELY wanted to run this time. However, due to the nature of my laptop and it's unexpected life span, those images became LONG gone. THERE WAS A MAP IN THERE!!!!! I MAPPED OUT THE REGION!!!!

~ Noone kept up with their money for their team. Even though I established there would be money.

~ Lethia disappeared because of Grimors temporary death, already established. What was not revealed was that these body part's infused themselves with humans, making them part pokemon and I would allow these people to fight as themselves in pokemon battles once infused.

~ Grimor comes back to life once all the infused humans gather. Then it's a final showdown with the main antagonists for the final wish that would ever be given on Lethia.

~ The main antagonists who controlled Lethia during it's disappearance were able to use different parts of Grimors body to pull off different things.

~ Shadoan was attracted to Julia, since Julia's the previous love interest wasn't coming back into the fold.

~ The user who role-played Julia's previous love interest tried to come back as Shadoan's Love interest, though Julia beat him to the punch. Would have made for a hilarious Triangle.

~ I didn't issue enough death scenes. It's a rated M-ish Roleplay with chance of nudity and I didn't once add boobs, chances of dying or allow stealing for such a scene. The closest I came to that was during Gaia's Heart, and that's when Shadoan was falling into a VORTEX OF LAVA!

~ Like my fellow RPers, I had life to deal with as well, I also seem to have crappy timing when to post + when this all went up. I had even crappier timing with Cursed Books!

~ I would introduce a new form of evolution, fusion evolution. Like mega evolution, it would only be temporary. This would also would enforce an assload of drama.

~ Where Shadoan and Julia go from there is none of my damn business because though the shipping is part of my character, yellow owns Julia and I'm not a bunny rabbiting dick unless asked or the plot demands it. Like catapulting all of you into a volcano for no reason..... Because I'm the GM, though I'm not that evil to do it.

~ Where any of the shipping in this RP went is none of my business because of the previous reason.

That's roughly about it.
    WHAT WILL I DO NOW?!

I will answer some more of the common Questions.

Q: Will E&S:RTL topics be locked?
    A: No: If anyone wants to RP the last battle as an epic fight scene for the final wish, just say you want to Ready up here, we can dicuss the final post's and make E&S:RTL go out with a Bang.

Q: Will there be another E&S?
    A: Maybe. I'm leaving the rules, herbal book, among other items to WHOEVER wants to run their own E&S topic RP. If they want, I have a note pad of all the land marks in E&S, the herbs, meds and special items in the region. Or in other words, my idea is about as open sourced as Android. Just don't go overboard.

Q: Will you run another E&S
    A: THAT depends. If I return to do Another Earth and Sky or Cursed Books, I'll be hooking it up to an A.I. that will write up event post's and have players react to it. I'm looking into python among other languages; and if it works out well, I will be programming an A.I. that will respond to topic post's when an action it identifies is registered.

So like if a post contained [Reg Shadoan, Avaith, Irek, etc.], The A.I. Will register to it's memory the trainers name, and the pokemon to that player's team. When an A.I. makes a post such as....
    "Pick a path, go left or go right"
    [go Right]
    [go Left]
    Players would respond by typing in brackets
    or
    . This is all speculation and I don't know if I can make the A.I. as sophisticated. But If I can, we're in for another iteration of E&S; with dice rolls of success or failure.

Q: Will the A.I. be Opened Sourced?
    A: If by free to edit and do as you with, yes. That is, however, only if I get around to setting it up. When it's made, I'll use E&S and Cursed Books as a testing ground for the final product.

Q: Is CB shut down too?
    A: Considering there are no other profiles, pretty much. I never bothered to add mine since noone else would add theirs.

Q: So does this mean no CB video game either?
    A: There is. Believe me or not, I got in contact with an indie vid-game studio. Good News, Bad News; Good news is they're willing to make it and use the characters from the roleplay. Bad news; Everything about the game relating to the story as been undermined to be changed from the books powers to the reason of why. Some, I'm a little upset about the changes, though it's all for the sake of common sense to make a game's story lay out efficiently to be purchased. Also, I can't give out free copies.

I'll answer any other questions anyone else post's.​

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Maybe i wanto to do a final battle against Shadow Lugia or something.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Uh. That's cool brah. I am in understanding if that term is correct. I'm not sure. Is that term correct? 'I am in understanding?' I understand would suffice I suppose.

I do have one question. If another was to ensue, who would have won the league and got their wish? Because if Gold won, Kanto and Johto wouldn't be separated anymore and shiz because his wish was to govern Johto and Kanto as one region. So yeah what does happen at the end?

Also I am still really excited about Cursed Books. I hadn't realised it had started up again because I've just been waiting on e-mails to bring me back to this page and I haven't actually checked the roleplay section in a little while. My own fault to be honest.

Back