• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EARTHBOUND!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    One of the best games of all time. It has a lot of humour in it too.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Great SNES game. Has a great setting, and soundtrack. Battle system sucks, though. Has a lot of charm to it though. Try it out man. If you like it get Mother 3 for the GBA and Mother (Earth Bound Zero) for the NES.

Years
    God, wait till Spey sees this.

I don't see what the fuss is all about.
    I decided to play it since Spey went on about it and I didn't find it that interesting.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's a solid RPG from the SNES era. It severely lacks the graphical polish of Crono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6, both released around the same time.

The real charm of Earthbound comes in its story and dialogue. If you can bear the graphics and the high-learning-curve battle system to get to the end, the most epic final boss music of all time awaits you. :P

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    never heard of it XD
    Of course I love it, other wise, I wouldn't be Claus. One of my favourite all time games, I have all three and have only beaten the third. It's very enjoyable, the storyline is pretty amazing, but lacks graphics, but I don't care about any of that. The battle system, the storyline, the music, the humour, it's a great RPG.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Keep the discussion to the games and quit talking about where to find ROMs. :>

Last edited:

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    You know what else is pretty and red?

Oh, I can't say it here... >.>
    hmmm...
    it must be Red Rooster...
    Anyhow ive played the 1st 2-3 hours of Mother 2. I think its awesome! One of my objectives when i go 2 Japan is to go around 2 differant 2nd hand game stores and find old awesome games that i missed out on, like Mother 3.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    HAY GUYZ DID U NO WAREZ TALKIN IS AGAINST DA RULEZ?????????

Keep the discussion to the games and quit talking about ROMs, where to find ROMs, if ROMs work well, etc. etc. Or I'll give you an infraction ROM. It's really pretty and red.
    To be fair, it's hard not to bring up Mother 3 and not mention ROMs since it's (apparently) an epic game only available in English via fan translation.

I'm playing it now (I've never played Earthbound or anything else in the series) and it's okay. I'm in Chapter 2 and I keep dying a lot, though. And I think I'm stuck. :(

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Honestly, this is all I hav to say about Earthbound --
    "This game stinks!"

If you are an avid Earthbound fan, you know what that means.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    To be fair, it's hard not to bring up Mother 3 and not mention ROMs since it's (apparently) an epic game only available in English via fan translation.

I'm playing it now (I've never played Earthbound or anything else in the series) and it's okay. I'm in Chapter 2 and I keep dying a lot, though. And I think I'm stuck. :(

The first three chapters are really a pain.

I really like this series. Earthbound is my favorite though!

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    The first three chapters are really a pain.

I really like this series. Earthbound is my favorite though!
    Chapter 1: Use Flint's specials.
    Chapter 2: Abuse Duster's tools
    Chapter 3: Rely on Yokuba and spam specials (Like Monkey Mimic).

Mother 3 isn't too hard. And one of the best things about M3 and EarthBound is the no need for grinding, unlike numerous other JRPGs.

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
    Years
    How can't you love Earthbound :P? It's both filled with humor, friendship an love. Quote: ''This game stinks'', how could Nintendo of America say that?!? It's my second favorite franchise of all time (pokemon is my favorite of course). I can't believe it got so ignored, and we dind't even get mother 1 OR Mother 3 for that matter. Thank god for the Fan translation.

This game stinks.... damn NOA.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    You can't revive threads that are over a month old, playa. You've been a member long enough to know that.

LOCKED!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back