• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Easy MODE*

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've played games on easy mode since I was little, but that I'm a grown man, I play games on normal mode. I feel Easy Mode is viewed as one of the things that's bad in gaming culture because the first video games (late 70's to 80's) had no difficulty setting but are extremely hard to beat, which pleases hardcore gamers and wish all games had the same difficulty, so future gamers will have the same experience they had with the games they grew up with. They find easy mode as a threat because it allows new gamers to play the game "wrong." Just look at the controversy of Mega Man 10 having easy mode.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    It depends on the game for me. I'm good at RPG-oriented games and platformers, so if there's a difficulty level I'll set it relatively high. On the other hand, first person shooters are the death of me and I can barely complete a level, no matter what the difficulty. Obviously, because of that I put it on the easiest setting whenever I get the chance. I always love a challenge, and if I can I like to make the game harder, but there are some that I simply can't play without help, lmao.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
    Im sometimes lazy and just choose easy mode. Makes the progressing in the game much more fluent. Although at times I choose a harder difficulty just for the sense of accomplishment.
    Although sometimes Im forced to pick easy mode... And in my shame some games are almost impossible to beat on easy... (Im looking at you touhou 11-12)

Back