• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eating Healthy

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Humans are meant to consume many types of food to have a healthy diet. However excess calories, carbs/sugars and fats are not good for the body. People should consume a variety of foods such as proteins, whole grains, vegatables and fruits, and some healthy fats like olive oil. We are'nt made to eat only one type of food. There is such thing as too much protein and not enough carbs and vice versa. Meat isnt even required for protein and it's fine if people choose to be vegetarians but must be careful to get the right nutrients(such as Vitamin B12)

The problem is that many foods that contain high fat, sodium and sugar taste really good. I myself love junk food but I try not to eat it often. I have to watch what I eat due to diabetes and must moniter and control carb intake, and make sure I get fiber which slows carb absorbtion. The other problem is that people can and often do eat more than they should and need.

It also isnt all about calories, it also is about what you choose to eat, in the end you choose to eat healthy or not, choose between a salad or a burger and fries.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    calories are calories... whether it's from all protein, all carbs, or all fats. As long as you eat under your maintenance (calories you burn per day), you'll lose weight. When people go on a no carb diet, for example, they just cut the calories they eat from carbs.. so of course they're gonna lose weight.

I can never go vegetarian, let alone vegan. I like meat too much. If people choose to go vegetarian or vegan, most of them will be missing out on a lot of essential proteins, more specifically certain amino acids, especially vegans. However eggs are the best source of all amino acids if you're a vegetarian...

As far as eating overall healthy, it's all about balance and what types of food you eat at certain times of the day. As long as you get your essential vitamins and minerals, your body won't slow you down. It's ok to eat fats, as long as you get them from olive oil, nuts, and fish. Monounsaturated fats are the best kind for you which raises HDL (the good kind of cholesterol), and lowers LDL (the bad kind of cholesterol), while polyunsaturated fats lowers both LDL and HDL. Carbs are fine to eat, too! The healthiest sources of carbs are from whole grains, brown rice, legumes, and fruits.

Nothing wrong with eating healthy, infact I find it weird that in some circles it seems so taboo to even talk about eating healthy and exercising.

Years
  • Nothing wrong with eating healthy, infact I find it weird that in some circles it seems so taboo to even talk about eating healthy and exercising.
    Really? Most people I talk to seem to like the idea of eating healthy (even though they can't get themselves to do it as much as they'd like).

As much as there are still ads for diets that focus on how thin you look and how many pounds you can lose, I think there's been a shift in focus toward eating stuff that's good for you instead of something that's just going to make you lose weight.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    The way I see it, and I am now speaking from experience as my body is probably healthier than it ever has been despite how much trouble I've gone through in the several years.

1. Balance is key. We're not carnivores, and we're not herbivores - we are omnivores. It is clear we were designed / evolved to for a diverse diet, and to forsake any one side completely is disingenuous to the human species as a whole.

2. I very rarely would say any ingredient should be avoided entirely, but if there ever were one it is Aspartame. It's a sugar substitute that's also seen in virtually every diet soda/pop drink you'll find, but is worse than any sugar and has a very controversial history of being poison.

3. All ingredients with "ose" as the suffix (eg. lactose, fructose, glucose, sucrose, etc.) are sugars, and should be moderated as such while the preferred sugar vessel will always be in fruits such as apples & oranges.

4. Chocolate is first and foremost meant to regain energy, as it was designed for - to give U.S. soldiers a quick zap when they couldn't waste time eating.

5. Quit eating fast food. Restaurants like Mcdonalds & Burger King simply are not healthy, no matter how much propaganda they throw out. It is because of those companies that people find meat unhealthy since they serve the most unhealthy of meats (albeit, credit to Mcdonalds for refusing to serve pink slime any longer while the Dept. of Education & Federal Drug Administration have approved it for public school consumption). Maybe in the future they will redeem themselves, but that's a long ways away.

Back