• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] EBDX envaironment help!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    I'm using v19.1 and EBDX,everything needed is the latest version.
    Now,the problem is that I want to make a static battle background,
    this is my background:
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GRASS = {"backdrop" => "Field","base" => "Grass"}
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    but when I open the game and test it,it looks like this
    https://ibb.co/4JzWtqm

There isn't any line in the code for any grass animation,and
    the base that pops up isn't the one I added,wich is the exact
    size as the other ones and yes,it's a transparent png,exacty
    like the other ones that come by default.
    Is there any way to make a static background??I
    just want the bg and the base tbh,Idon't mind
    the animated grass for this one but exactly what am I doing
    wrong that a random base pops instead of the one I put in the code?
    I'm not good at coding and idk what i'm doing honestly so maybe that's why it's not working

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • A battle scene consists of an environment and terrrains. You're fighting a wild species in tall grass in a city/town, hence why you get a combination as seen. This is working as intended. The script that controls the battle scene configuration can be found in Scripts/Battle PBS/ENVIRONMENTS.rb. EBDX does not have battle bgs and battle bases, and instead uses dynamic scenes.

Back