• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Edit the floor numbers of maps in Fire Red

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hi all,

I made a new Rocket Hideout in my hack and I want to change the name of the floor numbers like B4F and B2F. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

B2F.png

B3F.png

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Still struggling with this.
I'm quite sure that the players' floor is somehow stored in variable 0x403A, which is set in elevator scripts by special 0xD8. But still no idea how to edit it in a map.

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
Years
kalarie said:

I believe this post will help you with what you're trying to do. What you need to do is... edit the map header!

DrFuji said:
The dropdown name of the floor you're on is determined by a value in the map header, which you can view by pressing Ctrl+H in Advance Map's header tab. Here's a quick and dirty rundown on what the values mean:
Spoiler:

The byte that you need to change if you want to add/ remove/ edit the floor number is byte 27, the second last byte in the header. For most maps the byte is set to 00 which disables the floor feature. Setting the byte to 01 will say you're on F1, 02 is F2, 03 is F3 etc. This pattern ends at 63 (F99) as the game is unable to display a three-digit number as a floor number. You can also use basement floors like in Team Rocket's Celedon hideout by setting the byte to FF which will say you're on B1F, FE will show B2F, FD will show B3F and so on. This continues until 9D (B99F) as once again, the game can't display a three-digit number here.

Last edited:
Back