• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Edit weather effects

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Hello, I would like to know if there is a way in Pokémon Ruby to make the Underwater and Fog effects to cover all tiles and not just those covered by the player.
    I tried to change the byte 08 with 04 at the offset 0x39AB31 but the overworlds aren't visible anymore.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • Hello, I would like to know if there is a way in Pokémon Ruby to make the Underwater and Fog effects to cover all tiles and not just those covered by the player.
    I tried to change the byte 08 with 04 at the offset 0x39AB31 but the overworlds aren't visible anymore.

yeah there's isn't really a solution for this, the 2nd layer tiles will always be not fogged
    this is, I believe, because OW sprite are on the same level as 2nd layer tiles
    my advice would be to try to use as few as possible 2nd layer tiles on the map in which you want the fog

Back