• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EDSA revolutions: Right or wrong? (For Filipinos)

EDSA revolutions: Right or Wrong?

• It's right, nothing is wrong with it.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's wrong!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit right and a bit wrong

• More on right

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • More on wrong

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    EDSA revolutions: Right or wrong? (For Filipinos)

For more details on the 3 EDSA revolutions, you can view the Wikipedia article for them. Just click on the following.

EDSA 1 (1st PP revolution)
    EDSA 2
    EDSA 3

Filipino people, what do you think? Are EDSA revolutions a right thing or a very wrong thing. It's up to you.

danielv503

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    From the very start, i never like the idea of Edsa revolution, if people will only open their eyes, nothing has change, we are still in the situation before edsa revolution, or even more worst. Why? corruptions are still in force, crab mentality is still common, political vested interest are always there and people who really don't care about change are selling their votes....not to mention the power tripper....as long as all of these are very much alive.....edsa 1, 2, 3, 4 and more will be useless...

Years
    Meh, I'd rather let the Political process work it's way through rather than going through the whole popular overthrow of government every decade or so. We'll never create strong vibrant institutions like that.

Then again Philippine politics is simply pandering to the masses. We have a deluge of promises during campaigns and things are done in a glacial manner later on.

Oh well there isn't much in terms of difference between the raft of parties back in the Philippines. Socially conservative, (Yeah...So much for that family planning program) a perpetual war on poverty, and open trade. Heck I could support any administration and the policies wouldn't change radically.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    No, these non-violent revolutions are the best thing that can happen.

You don't need a reason for non-violence, you must justify a reason for violence.

Peaceful demonstrations such as this are great because the likelihood of bloodshed is far smaller than if the citizens took up arms to overthrow the government. With that being said, if the citizens merely disagree strongly with the policies of the ruling government, then a peaceful demonstration is perfect. I encourage even more EDSA revolutions in the future if the government does not change at all.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I say another civil-disobedience! *shot*
    From the very start, i never like the idea of Edsa revolution, if people will only open their eyes, nothing has change, we are still in the situation before edsa revolution, or even more worst. Why? corruptions are still in force, crab mentality is still common, political vested interest are always there and people who really don't care about change are selling their votes....not to mention the power tripper....as long as all of these are very much alive.....edsa 1, 2, 3, 4 and more will be useless...
    Erm, what?! EDSA revolution is useless?! I think you are very wrong there ma'am (or sir if your gender lies). The reason why this peaceful civil-disobedience happens is because the Philippine government (well, the old Philippine government) is much, much corrupt. Much corrupt than now. And these peaceful revolutions are the only way the Filipino people can be united for one reason: stop the corruption. It worked 3 times, mind you. :/

Crab mentality is inborn for us Filipinos. Since before the first ever EDSA revolution, there were already signs of the "kanya-kanya syndrome or crab mentality". And lets face it, governments are corrupt nowadays we can't change what is unchangeable. Whoever takes the seat at the high palace, corrupt or not, they would be persuaded by their corrupt subordinates just like how President Marcos was persuaded by Imelda Marcos. Imelda Marcos was the real criminal here, and whatever she is experiencing right now I hope she learned her mistakes. If people doesn't become united and the government is corrupt, I sense a downfall in the economy. Imagine; people hate the president and the president is corrupt, and whatever the president does nobody even cares. So I would not say that the EDSA revolution is useless it wasn't, and never will.

Last edited:

danielv503

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Well, we are asked for our own opinion right!!..and this is based on what i witnessed...The question is, does EDSA Revolution served as a catalyst for better philippines? I don't think so. As you mentioned, we cannot change the unchangeable, if that will be the case then Philippines has no better days to come.

BTW, Daniel is short for daniela...:)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    For me, it's a toss-up between right and wrong, but it's leaning towards "right" because the people are standing up for what they believe in.

Back