• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Education

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    I wonder what the education system of the Pokemon World is like? Given that trainers typically start their journey at ten years old I would assume at least a baseline of education is completed by then. Or perhaps there are ways for trainers to continue their schooling should they desire it?

Other odd speculation I've thought of is what of trainers that don't make the cut of master or for whatever reason don't wish to continue on as Pokemon Mastery. I would suppose there are supplementary Pokemon or non-pokemon related trades they can go into?

The source of a good bit of this speculation is for fanfiction writing I'm doing.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Mainly before they start a journey they go to Pokemon trainers school, this is shown in Gonna rule the school, were Roxanne is a teacher there, in the games there are several trainer school, usually in the first or second town, also in the "School of hard knocks" iirc that school is also a boarding school.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, who invented the computers and Pokeballs, what about them teleportation systems? Or who designed those Poke Centers or the fancy buildings in every movie?

Not everyone can decide to go be a Pokemon Trainer, evidently. Engineers and Architects are needed to create the world around Pokemon Trainers.

I would suppose some elementary education is given to trainers as well as some Pokemon education and for best or for worst basic sex-ed >__>. Trainers would chose whether to become trainers or not, and those that do not can continue their education and eventually specialize into fields. I'm sure this would be done with sufficient Pokemon education being given. Some people would just be afraid or are greatly curious in a subject. Or maybe their parents wouldn't want to (which is evidently rare).

So it'd either be Pokemon Training or secondary education. Probably some Post-Trainer Secondary Education if the Trainer career is given up on. I do believe some people would want to spend some time in a sort of higher education institute to get an education.

Take Brock, for example, who has decided to become a Pokemon Doctor. You'd definitely need quite a few years of education to get there. So it can't be assumed that education in Pokemon is non-existent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    I imagined other occupations other than Pokemon related ones existed in the world of Pokemon but was curious as to how a system of education looked. It did look like there's a good bit of career flexibility to be had and that some trainers can spend decades at the journey towards being a master (Ash's father being a key example).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My guess is that trainers still go to school at a young age, but when they hit 10 years old, they can choose to drop out and start on their journey.

Years
    If there were schools in the Anime, I think Ash never joined them. Those kids he once met somewhere in Kanto seemed smarter than him.

Even if those who were younger than 10 are supposed to be studying in school, why wasn't Max in a school too? My guess would be that it isn't compulsory for kids to attend classes, once those who want decent jobs would study, the rest can just dream of becoming Pokemon masters or something.

Back