• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eevee Suggestions.

Years
  • Eevee Suggestions.

Okay so just to clarify things.
    I only own pokemon Emerald, none of the DS games :]

So.
    I have an Eevee.
    And was wondering which should I evolve my Eevee in to?
    I already have an Umbreon, and an Espeon.
    Which is best.

Vaporeon.
    Flareon.
    Or Jolteon.
    Or just plain old Eevee?

Also.
    What would the recommended moveset be for the evolved form, or normal eevee?

Stats:

HP: 98
    Attack: 58
    Defense: 51
    SP. Attack: 42
    SP. Defense: 54
    Speed: 64

I'm no good with IV's/EV's.
    So if you would kindly explain XP

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Eevee Suggestions.

Okay so just to clarify things.
    I only own pokemon Emerald, none of the DS games :]

So.
    I have an Eevee.
    And was wondering which should I evolve my Eevee in to?
    I already have an Umbreon, and an Espeon.
    Which is best.

Vaporeon.
    Flareon.
    Or Jolteon.
    Or just plain old Eevee?

Also.
    What would the recommended moveset be for the evolved form, or normal eevee?

Stats:

HP: 98
    Attack: 58
    Defense: 51
    SP. Attack: 42
    SP. Defense: 54
    Speed: 64

I'm no good with IV's/EV's.
    So if you would kindly explain XP

It depends on what your team needs. My Platinum team needed a water-type Pokemon on the team and somebody with a high Sp.Def so I went ahead and evolved it into a Vaporeon. Just look at your team and decide what you need.

Evolve it early, or else it won't learn its next water move until it is leve 48 or something like that.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The stats don't help much without knowing the level and if you have battled with it before. Also, the nature of your Eevee has a BIG bearing on what you should evolve it into. Please provide that information if you truly want an educated answer.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I would go with Jolteon, he's a decent special sweeper with a awesome base 130 speed. I use this set in game.

Jolteon @ Chesto Berry / Leftovers
    - Rain Dance
    - Substitute
    - Thunder
    - Shadow Ball

Kuros

IV Breeder
    Years
  • If you need a defensive utility poke then Vaporeon's for you, if you need a super fast sweeper then Jolteon's your poke. It all depends on your needs.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well as my sig points out my D/P team is an all Eevee team.
    The first thing to point out is that you must evolve Eevee, if you want a Normal Pokemon go with Snorlax or Blissey.
    Out of Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon, i would suggest Jolteon, however with you only tellng us you have Umbreon and Espeon, and nothing about the rest of your team its almost impossible to give an answer that you and your team would benefit from.

ONECSM

Beginning Video Hacker
    Years
  • id use vaporeon just because its kinda cool but if you cant decide in the end just do what pokemob said try to capture dito and breed them all. (thats what i did in this situation too)

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    they all have good attributes even flareon nobody said anything about him especially with a high attack double-edge and overheat are strong attacks and you dont really need a special sweeper b/c of espeon and you already have a defensive pokemon with umbreon so why not a physical sweeper like flareon give it leftovers or shell bell so when he does damage he heals himself simpple plan he can do major damage from the high defensive pokes to the moderate defensive so flareon would be a good pick and teach eevee shadow ball so flareon will have it aswell so

Flareon
    Overheat
    Double-edge
    Shadow Ball
    Haze (so you can get rid of stat changes like evasion and defense increases)

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • you already have a defensive pokemon with umbreon
    A defensive Pokemon that is screwed if it finds itself facing a fighting type.

Jolteon would be one of the better choices since it has such a high base speed stat. You won't come across too many Pokemon in the game that will outspeed it if you do the natures and EV/IV's right. I would also suggest breeding with a Ditto to ensure a good nature and IV's. If you were to breed it, though, I would just get all three in case you want to change your team at a later time. That will give you some flexibility.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Umbreon
    Vaporeon
    Espeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon

Umbreon is only the best of the evos in competitive battling, otherwise it is Vaporeon. Espeon and Jolteon are right behind them though. Flareon? Fire Pokemon suffer from bad typing. Weakness to Water AND Ground really sucks, as any decent team will have both.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    If not being used for a battling team, eeveelutios should just be based on which one you like the best. Out of the three that you don't have, I would get Vaporeon, but that is just me.

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I would go with Jolteon but that's only because I never have an Electric type pokémon when I get eevee.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    i just dont know why everyone hates flareon soo much he is a great pokemon to get i will bet most ppl who say to stay away from him havent even thought about using him much less even think of any good moves to teach him. i think anyone who disses flareon is stupid he IS NOT A BAD POKEMON even better than alot of fire types i think. if in a battle an experienced trainer would switch at the first sign of a mismatch whereas if you choose a flareon and say your opponent switches to a ground type a good shot of overheat would do tremendous damage then switch out to a type that would do better damage to the chosen ground type if a swampert switch to a gyarados no damage and it can deal alot of damage.

Back