• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee usefulness poll.

Useful Eevee evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I got my Eevee from Bebe in Platinum today, looked up the ones that would work well as a Calm natured Eevee. Got to thinking, who even uses Eevee evolutions anymore? I quite like Umbreon, but even back in the day, I never used Flare, Jolt, and Vapor. Espeon is powerful but meh, Leafeon and Glaceon, I gotta say I pretty much just skipped.

How about you, who is your favorite Eevee evolution, do you use it at all, either ingame or in versus battle, or even contests.

Rain On Dem Foez

I make it rain
    Years
    • Age 38
    • L.A
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    in-game or competively they are quite useful. Glaceon is amazing in a hail team obviously, doesn't hurt to have the strongest blizzard in the game. I've used Vaporeon and Jolteon for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Vaporeon is amazing at taking and delivering hits, and Jolteon's base 130 speed and 110 attack is nothing to scoff at. and they have cool abilities that let them restore hp when hit by a type of their own. For me they've been useful since the R/B/Y days :)

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
    Years
    Oh come on, at least in RBY, Jolteon was obviously the best.

- High Speed
    - Thunder Wave (100% chance of paralysis)
    - Double Kick (take on Rock/Ground types cornering you)
    - Pin Missile (like Double Kick, but w/ Grass types)
    - Agility (boost already high Speed)

Meanwhile, Flareon was practically useless, learning almost nothing but Fire/Normal type moves, meaning his heavy attack was wasted on solely Normal moves. He didn't even get a stat-boosting move like the other two.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Well, in RBY, it all depended on which starter you got. I would always get my Eevee to evolve into the one of it's forms that could wipe out my rival.

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Umbreon is the ***. Nuff said. I think all of the evolutions are damn good. Some you have to teach TM's to make more useful, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It depends on what Generation it is.

If it was in Red, Blue, Leafgreen, or Firered, I would've used Jolteon. That also goes for XD: Gale of Darkness.

Then, in Silver or Gold, I use Espeon. ... I skip the 4th Generation.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I didn't ever use any of them XD Eevee was always just a bit of a pokedex filling exercise for me.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    You know, thinking back, I don't think I've EVER used Eevee. I've always just plopped it in the box and forgot about it. Now I'm going to make an all Eevee team just to catch up on the non-Eevee use over the many years =P

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I like Leafeon ;-;
    It's so cute and a lovely little sweeper. I use it to pwn Psychic-types in the Battle Hall since I taught it X-Scissor and stuff.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I Never bothered with the EVlotions.. anyway Espeon rules. has to be my fav. EVlotion. after that comes umbreon. its so cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Leafeon is one I definitely find useful. Great defenses and decent attack strength.

And then Umbreon is great with moves like Payback, as it's a fairly slow Dark type.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    When I got my starter I didn't choose Fire so I really needed a fire type in my team so I made my eevee into a Flareon. Trained it up real good and it was one of my favourite pokemon.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I use 'em, and love 'em.

One of the Umbreon sets I built for my Battle Tower team got someone who used my team to 186. Yeah, Umbreon is a monster. Jolteon is amazing as well, in the Battle Arcade (tag teaming with Jlizard27) it was excellent. Choice Specs Jolteon is deadly in competitive play. In-game? Won the rival battle before the Elite Four thanks to Charge beam boosts. And Vaporeon is just as lovely.

XXXBurningStarIV

Yo dawg I herd u liek memes
    Years
    I am using a Vaporeon right now. I EV trained him in HP. His HP stat is 29, so it's pretty good. He tanks pretty well, even though it's not really supposed to be a tank.
    Umbreon is your tank out of the Eevees. But the rest seem kinda useles. Their move sets are all terrible too. They have the same moves and they are all pretty bad. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I for one think Eevee is really useful.

Espeon is a good special sweeper, Umbreon is a fine mixed wall and BPer, Jolteon is a really good special sweeper, Leafeon can be a fine physical sweeper if you use it properly (one thing that annoys me about Leafon is that it has an attack base stat of 110 but it has really low speed) and Glaceon can be really useful for hail teams.

Any pokemon can be good, it depends on the way you use it.

Years
    I'm going to have to say Jolteon for a special...I'm actually thinking about training one and stuff. Also I like Umbreon as well, but the one I have needs to be move fixed XD

blazelust

Hack
    Years
    I usually use Espeon, because its speed makes it a fantastic sweeper. Vaporeon is also a favorite of mine, and I'm always pleasantly surprised by its great HP/def/sp.def.

I use an Eevee evolution in every game I can get one, more or less. I like all of its evolutions, they fill out my team nicely, and they're just so darn cute.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Eevee is my favorite pokemon EVER! I love ALL the evolutions! My personal fave is Glaceon, because its really handy against Dragon types, which are a real pain, especially since their only other weakness is Dragon, their own type, which means I'm at a disadvantage. Glaceon's got fair speed and it can learn Ice Shard for those quick attacks at the end. Ice Beam, combined with STAB, 2 or 4x the damage, depending on second type or not, and Glaceon's just plain huge special attack makes it my favorite Ice type and Dragon killer. Combined with the fact that Glaceon can learn Water Pulse and Shadow Ball makes it a force to be reckoned with!

Back