• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eevee

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
Years
  • Well I just hatched my new Eevee in Emerald and I was wondering what I should evolve it into?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    Jolteon, you don't get many good electric-type pokemon in R/S besides Manectric.

Years
  • Evolve it into either Espeon and Umbreon. Those two can only be gotten in RSE because of the internal clock system.

Better yet, why don't you breed more Eevees instead and have them all?

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • Evolve it into either Espeon and Umbreon. Those two can only be gotten in RSE because of the internal clock system.

Better yet, why don't you breed more Eevees instead and have them all?

I do have them all I just wanted to know which would I should have to put into my team.

Years
  • If you're not a Ninetales fan, then Flareon is the way to go. Pretty much all Fire Pokemon in R/S/E suck (besides Ninetales and Blaziken; I don't count Groudon, because there's no challenge in using legendaries), and there are so few of them anyways that it makes Flareon a pretty good choice.

Jolteon, you don't get many good electric-type pokemon in R/S besides Manectric.
    I'm insulted by your lack of faith in Raichu. xD

Actually, I think Electrode is pretty good too, minus it's bad moveset. It's speed is almost unmatched.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since you can only choose from Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon depends on nature really but most likely Jolteon is the way to go.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Let's see...Flareon's stats are sorta screwed up, it's attack is too high for a Fire Type without a lot of physical moves...
    Jolteon's fast and strong, it's pretty good, though I've never used one...
    Vaporeon's for stalling, if you're into that kind of thing...
    Espeon's for *ahem* messive demage!!! It's strong. And sort of fast.
    Umbreon's mainly defensive, although it's still really strong, sort of like Dusknoir.

Well, I'd say go with Umbreon, Jolteon or Espeon, your choice really.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    If you're not a Ninetales fan, then Flareon is the way to go. Pretty much all Fire Pokemon in R/S/E suck (besides Ninetales and Blaziken; I don't count Groudon, because there's no challenge in using legendaries), and there are so few of them anyways that it makes Flareon a pretty good choice.
    I'm insulted by your lack of faith in Raichu. xD

Actually, I think Electrode is pretty good too, minus it's bad moveset. It's speed is almost unmatched.

Um...Groundon is a ground type, and I would pick Jolteon because he/she is fast and strong, so pick JOLTEON!!!

Sorry about the double quote thing I can't fix it.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    It depends. :X What do you think would work best on your team?

Personally, Jolteon is my favorite (and I don't like Manetric), so I'd use Jolteon.

Years

• Um...Groundon is a ground type, and I would pick Jolteon because he/she is fast and strong, so pick JOLTEON!!!

Sorry about the double quote thing I can't fix it.
    Groudon has a lot more in common with Fire Pokemon than with Ground Pokemon. His Drought ability makes up for the lack of STAB, and his moveset heavily consists of Fire-type moves.

When you consider how bad the pickings are for Fire Pokemon in R/S/E (unless you trade with FR and LG, obviously, but some such as myself don't have that luxery), it's probably better to throw Groudon into that group, since he basically is a Fire Pokemon, minus one technicality. I still never use him though, since I really don't believe in using legendaries, because there's no challenge in it (and it defeats the whole purpose of raising your Pokemon).

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I like flareon
    there is only torkal that is the only fire type right in emerald i think.
    Because Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Numel, Camerupt, Slugma, and Magcargo never existed. D: There's probably more, though.

Which Eeveelution to evolve it into is totally dependent on the members of your team, the IVs, and the Nature of your Pokemon. Until you give us that information, we can't really give you a good answer. However, I can tell you that Flareon is seldomly used, and Umbreon isn't very useful at times. Espeon is outclassed by numerous other special sweepers like Alakazam and Gengar. That's the main reason why it isn't used anymore. Your main choices are between Vaporeon and Jolteon. Vaporeon is arguably the most useful out of all three of them. It's incredibly bulky and can pass a Wish to another Pokemon in case you messed up early on. Vaporeon is seen and used by a lot more trainers than Jolteon. Jolteon is okay. It makes a good speedy Baton Passer and a good lead Pokemon, but that's about it. It's small movepool severely limits its sweeping capabilities. Anyways, your best bet is most likely Vaporeon, but then again, we have yet to know the IVs and Nature of the Pokemon, so saying that you would need Vaporeon would be judging by a narrow sense of knowledge. It would be more helpful if you would provide the necessary elements of your Eevee that we need to know to determine which Eeveelution is the best. :3

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Groudon has a lot more in common with Fire Pokemon than with Ground Pokemon. His Drought ability makes up for the lack of STAB, and his moveset heavily consists of Fire-type moves.

When you consider how bad the pickings are for Fire Pokemon in R/S/E (unless you trade with FR and LG, obviously, but some such as myself don't have that luxery), it's probably better to throw Groudon into that group, since he basically is a Fire Pokemon, minus one technicality. I still never use him though, since I really don't believe in using legendaries, because there's no challenge in it (and it defeats the whole purpose of raising your Pokemon).

But the truth is that Groudon is still not a ground type how ever you add things up.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Yeah, post your team, but at first glance, I'd suggest that you use Flareon, most of the other Fire types available, are not that capable for holding their own battle

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • Haunter lv.38

Chimecho lv.33

Swampert lv.40

Skarmory lv.11

Absol lv.33

Eevee lv.5

Eevee's nature and IV's

Hasty nature

10 attack
    9 defense
    10 sp. attack
    12 sp. defence
    12 speed

Since you can only choose from Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon depends on nature really but most likely Jolteon is the way to go.

Just use a sun stone/ moon stone to get Espeon and Umbreon

Last edited:

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Jolteon, Hes hardcore and really helpful.

+ like people have added you don't find much good Electric type Pokemon in Emerald.

Back