• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eeveelution team 3v3

Ccr

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I really want to have a competitive eevee team, I know they are not the best but I find them fun to use.. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with movesets that would give me more of a competitive edge.
    The pokemon I want to use are
    Espeon magic bounce
    Light screen or dazzling gleam
    Reflect
    Calm mind
    Psychic

Umbreon synchronize
    Dark pulse
    Payback
    Curse
    ??

Vaporeon hydration
    Rest
    Rain dance
    Hydro pump
    Toxic

Flareon guts
    Will o wisp
    Sunny day
    Flare blitz
    Dig

Leafeon chlorophyll
    Sword dance
    Leaf blade
    Dig
    ?

And the last one I was thinking a sylveon with pixilate but not sure on move set for him at all

Years
    I'd say you should give your Umbreon foul play as a way to fight off Specially defensive Pokemon but I don't know how to get it in X & Y

ZRTAssassin

Shiny Hunting
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Sylveon should be like
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Protect/Wish
    Hyper Voice
    Or something like that maybe.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For your Espeon, I would suggest replacing Psychic with Psyshock. With this move, you could take down a range of specially-defensive Pokémon that walls Espeon, such as either Chansey or Blissey. EV spread—I would suggest 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe. Make sure that it's got Timid nature and is holding a Light Clay, by the way. (:

Also, since this is about team-building, I'm moving your topic to Battle Center.

Moved.

Ccr

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Thanks got the help guys. I really like the ideas you guys gave me.
    But as for sylveon, I was checking his learned and breed able moved and it's not listed. How is he able to learn it?
    I appreciate your help, this is the first pokemon game I've played since red, and am trying to learn more about competitive play

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thanks got the help guys. I really like the ideas you guys gave me.
    But as for sylveon, I was checking his learned and breed able moved and it's not listed. How is he able to learn it?
    I appreciate your help, this is the first pokemon game I've played since red, and am trying to learn more about competitive play

You have a lot to learn about competitive play, I'm afraid.

As Nymphadora mentioned, use a Dual Screen set for Espeon, as this is its best bet outside of Baton Pass teams:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Curse only benefits Payback. Speaking of Curse, it needs a lot of support to work effectively, and Umbreon is better off giving Wish support:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Foul Play (Gen V move tutor move)
    -Toxic/Heal Bell
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize

Hydra-Rest isn't viable on Vaporeon anymore, due to the nerf to Drizzle. It's even worse when it's combined with manual Rain Dance:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam/Toxic/Roar
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Ability: Water Absorb

Flareon is considered the worst of the Eeveelutions, due to its shallow movepool. This is the best it can do post-Bank:
    -Flame Charge
    -Facade
    -Superpower (Gen V tutor move)
    -Flare Blitz/Protect
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts

Dig is too easy to play around, so even though it gives Leafeon coverage against Steel Pokemon, it's not worth it:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Double-Edge/Return/X-Scissor
    -Heal Bell/Baton Pass
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 160 HP/124 Atk/224 Spe

Sylveon can only have Pixilate from a Hidden Ability Eevee (Anticipation in its case; it can be obtained from a Friend Safari). It can also learn Wish via egg move, as can the other Eeveelutions. Also, here are better Sylveon sets for you to try:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast (with Cute Charm)/Hyper Voice (with Pixilate; it only affects Normal moves, not ones that are already Fairy type, also a B2/W2 tutor move)
    -Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast/Hyper Voice (see above)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Psyshock
    Nature: Modest/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def (Bold) or SAtk (Modest)/4 Spe

Ccr

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Thanks for the help, so is foul play impossible to get unless I find someone that had an eevee switched over from gen 5? An yea I know I have a lot to learn, still having trouble remembering what's weak against what with the new types.

Back