• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eleanor Rigby

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Allthelonelypeoplewheredotheyallcomefromallthelonelypeoplewheredotheyallbelong

Are you lonely? Why, etc. and so on.

I'd say I am. I don't have much of anyone that I can really trust. There's a few people that I trust, but not a single person do I trust to always be there for me. AKA a best friend. I don't have one. Or very many good friends for that matter. Either way, I don't really like people that much.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Lonely? No. A loner? Perhaps.

There's just something about me, that prefers silence and solitude. It's not that I am anti-social, it's just that social gatherings, and social graces are just tiresome. I'm an introspective person, time to sit down and think about things in silence is just golden. It is refreshing.

Don't get me wrong though, when I'm fully charged and ready, I can easily navigate the ins and outs of being social and whatnot. When I feel it's worth the time and energy spent, it's doable. When I don't feel like it's worth it, I avoid it.

I am naturally just as passionate as I am logical, so in a way I need that time to think quietly. So that neither my logical side, nor my emotional side may rule me in excess. It is a fine balance and I enjoy thinking anyway.

Years
  • Lonely? not really. Alone? yea x3

I don't really have friend friends, I have people I talk to in college and people online but that's about it. I've only ever met up with like two or three people outside of school/college and that didn't even last that long x3 Long term bullying is the cause of that I think, it's left me with zero self esteem and crippling shyness xD
    I'm quite happy with it being that way as well, even though people find that quite hard to understand. I have had a couple of times where I had a reaction to not having friends, for example someone said I should go post in the "You have to go as soon as you wake up" thread and I ended up feeling like a freak because it seemed like such a big deal that I'd never slept at someone else's house or had someone else sleep over. But apart from that I'm happy with it all :3

Years
  • Sometimes I feel lonely. It comes on like a sneeze. I'll be going alone, doing whatever, either alone or with people, and something will nickle my nose (metaphorically) and I'll get this feeling come over me. Used to happen more, but now not as much.

As much as I'm not very outgoing, I do like to be around people, but the irony is that I'm more likely to get these lonely feelings around people I enjoy being around.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • In some ways I am. I have quite a lot of friends and I'm usually surrounded by people, but I actually let people into my life very little. There's sort of a barrier between me and most people which, although it allows us to be friends, stops us from getting very close and that's lonely sometimes. Although I'd rather be lonely than get rid of that 'barrier', so it doesn't really bother me so much!

On the other hand, I'm really close to the people that get past it, and when I'm with them (which is fairly regularly) I'm not lonely at all which is really nice! So I'm lonely sometimes but it's really nothing worth mentioning unless directly asked like this.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • I would say I'm lonely. I don't know anyone who I would consider a best friend, and maybe just one person who I would consider a good friend. And I'm not friends with that many people. Do I mind being alone? A little. While most of the time I want to be by myself, there are times when I would like to go out and have a fun time with some of my friends, whether it would be playing games at the local arcade or whatever. Unfortunately this rarely happens because a) something important comes up and I can't go b) nobody ever invites me (lol, not that I blame them) and c) I never ask my friends if I can go with them because I feel it's just rude. If they wanted me there, they would have asked me. Also there are not a lot of people I can trust - actually, I probably wouldn't trust anyone with an important secret except myself.

As for why I'm lonely... it would probably be because of my shyness. I have terrible self-esteem thanks to being bullied and I find it a bit hard to keep a conversation going (or start one) with most people, especially with people whom I've never talked to before.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i've gone through a lot of social ups and downs, i don't see myself ever really settling. i'm definitely not as hermitic as i once was, which is good and healthy; i have many lovely friends now, all of which i'm grateful for, but i really value and give myself plenty of alone time.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm not a lonely person at all, but I do need my quiet times every once in a while. Everything around me right now is extremely hectic.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think "loner" would be a better word for this.

Anyway, I consider myself lonely at times because I can't think of good ways to jump into conversations. As for loner, I choose to be a loner because there are times when I want to be on my own.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm back home from college, and the loneliness of living in the middle of nowhere is hitting me like a brick. I was always very social while in school, and being with no face-to-face contact with any friends is a rude awakening.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Perhaps, a little bit. I have no best friends or even any close friends. I guess that's what I get for being in prison homeschooled for five years. So I'm naturally alone.

Years
  • A bit. At work I'm pretty social, but as soon as I get home, it's me and the computer the rest of the day, basically. I don't have a social life outside of work, and sometimes it gets really lonely. :(

It's a kind of loneliness I can deal with, though. Even in school I wasn't very social. It's just that I got used to my sister living in town, so worse comes to worse, if I was really bored there'd be someone. Then she moved away and things got bad even for me.

Back