• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

electric/fire deck

danomater

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 13, 2011
    I am building a new deck for competitive play, and i need some help. I don't have a stratgy set up yet, but I want my deck to keep some wjat close to the cards I bought. This deck has 66 cards in it I think.

Anything I should take out or add?

4 Rescue Energy
    13 Lightning Energy
    13 Fire Energy
    3 Electivire
    2 Magmortar
    1 Pokemon Reversal
    2 Cheerleader's Cheer
    4 Energy Retrieval
    2 Energy Search
    2 Pokemon Circulator
    1 Energy Returner
    4 Magmar
    4 Electabuzz
    4 Elekid
    3 Magby
    1 Chansey
    1 Igglybuff
    2 Revive

Years
    First, cut out 3 each of the Fire and Lightning Energy. The only amount of cards you can have in a deck is 60, no more, no less. If it's not 60 you can get disqualified if you end up being subject to a deck check.

I will forewarn you that this deck probably won't do very well at a tournament, since there are quicker and more powerful Pokémon for the job in the Electric and Fire types in Zekrom and Reshiram. Though I am curious as to which Magmortar you are using.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Really, Magmortar is totally junk if you're not running a total fire deck. The top burner one would be good with the release of the extra coin flip Victini and an IF Emboar, since you can attach an insane amount of energies, then get a saving flip so you keep the energies and have a chance to deck your opponent out.

danomater

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 13, 2011
    so i'm going to take out one of the Magmortar, and an a Electivire. im going to replace them with a zekrom and a reshiram. anything else? Im kinda looking to keep my deck somewhat the same, and add new cards as i go, that way, it doesn't completely change the play style of it.

Back