• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Eligible pokemon for sky battling

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    WELL....i said to myself i wouldn't do uit but there it is.

https://www.serebii.net/xy/skybattles.shtml THIS SEREBII PAGE
    lists every single pokemon who can fight in a sky battle.

Now-the rage part:

How the **** can Gyarados fight?! I get it he's Flying type but what the Hell GF make it real.
    Freakin' Hoppip?!
    NO Wailord? Wailord is lighter than air. He is based of a blimp. A mother fudging blimp. And he can not fly. HOW?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!???!!?!?

*Rage quits*

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I never had any pokémon available to use in Sky Battles. Some pokémon that can feasibly fly like Beedrill can't join just because they don't have levitate and aren't flying-type. It makes no sense, but these battles are just normal battles just in the sky with copiously fussy restrictions.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I imagine that's just a typo of some sort. Gengar has Levitate as well, so he should be able to take part in Sky Battles.

Its not a typo. I just tried to battle a Sky Battle Trainer with Gastly, Pidgeot, and Gengar on my team and only Pidgeot and Gastly appeared in the Sky Battle. If the Pokemon isn't shown floating/Flying in its battle animation while it is Flying Type or have Levitate, then it can't participate apparently.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Any Pokemon with the ability to fly, levitate without using psychic abilities, or with the capacity to learn the HM for Fly should be able to participate in Sky Battles. That being said I demand entry for my Golurk!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Its not a typo. I just tried to battle a Sky Battle Trainer with Gastly, Pidgeot, and Gengar on my team and only Pidgeot and Gastly appeared in the Sky Battle. If the Pokemon isn't shown floating/Flying in its battle animation while it is Flying Type or have Levitate, then it can't participate apparently.

Laaaaaaaaaaame! I hope they open up some of the restrictions if this battling style comes back in the future.

Years
    I'm kinda disappointed with the list of eligible Pokemon, it seems like the list is dominated by Flying-types or medium and large-size Pokemon with wings.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm okay with having Gyarados part take in sky battles—I don't find it to be very weird, to be honest. Gyarados, like Rayquaza, is based on Chinese dragons, who are large, god-like creatures. According to their folklore, these dragons don't have wings, but they're still able to fly by, somehow, floating themselves into the wind. d: Anyway, are these the only eligible Pokémon, or could there be more just waiting to be discovered? A lot of Pokémon seem to be missing on this list that I'm pretty sure would be able to participate in sky battling, such as Giratina, Palkia, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm okay with having Gyarados part take in sky battles—I don't find it to be very weird, to be honest. Gyarados, like Rayquaza, is based on Chinese dragons, who are large, god-like creatures. According to their folklore, these dragons don't have wings, but they're still able to fly by, somehow, floating themselves into the wind. d: Anyway, are these the only eligible Pokémon, or could there be more just waiting to be discovered? A lot of Pokémon seem to be missing on this list that I'm pretty sure would be able to participate in sky battling, such as Giratina, Palkia, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Giratina doesn't have Levitate until it changes forms so until we can transfer, most likely Normal Giratina cannot participate since it doesn't have levitate and Origin form can participate.

Palkia does not have Levitate and isn't a Flying type so it cannot participate.

The Kami are all part Flying so they should be able to when we are able to transfer them. Won't know until then.

Back