• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Elite Battles Error

FallenStorm

Pokemon Hyperion Developer
Years
  • I recently installed the EliteBattles script to my game and when a battle starts and the trainer's sprite disappears (when there are the two Pokemon fighting) I get his error:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Have you tried the same version of EBS with a clean copy of Essentials, and got the same error? I doubt it, since no one has reported that elsewhere. It's likely you have custom scripts that also affect similar things (or maybe you have EBS not right above the main?)

A "stack level too deep" is generally cause by either direct or indirect recursion that never gets resolved.
    Code:
    def myMethod
        return myMethod
    end
    Direct recursion

Code:
    def myMethod
        return myOtherMethod
    end

def myOtherMethod
        return myMethod
    end
    Indirect

Likely the way EBS uses aliases is interference with something else that uses aliases (perhaps aliasing it to the same name?)

Back