• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite four a bit over levled?

*Shiny Umbreon*

is not the former mod
Years
  • dot you think that pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl elite four is much more over leveled than most previous games? alot of training is involved just to mtch their levels i believe that its very high.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • No, I don't really think so.

I beat mine with the all my pokemon hovering over the level of 46-50.

My highest was Purugly with lvl. 50, and Purugly didn't do anything.

Actually, to beat the E4, it's just a strategy, andI used a very good strategy. Lucian's Bronzong and Alakazam, and Cynthia's Milotic and Garchomp was a bit of a challenge though.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Actually, no, I don't think it's too high. Personally, I want it to be higher in future generations. I thought the D/P/P was rather... a (failed?) attempt to get back to the difficulty of the R/B/Y Elite Four. (Since they're around the same) Seeing as Kanto was 65ish at the end, Johto had the smallest level rate at 50ish, and Hoenn at 58ish. So, frankly, Sinnoh's Elite Four is no better than Kanto's. (Although, for me, Kanto was a whole different ball game because Pocket Monsters was new on the scene)

In my opinion, I wish it was higher. But I'm just a hardcore gamer like that, I guess. :x So, for some people, based on how they went through the game... The Elite Four can be monstrously difficult, or "just another day at the office." For me, it wasn't bad at all. (Only problem I had was that dang Bronzong. >> Grr) So, nah, not too high.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    not at all.
    for me the only overlevelled elite 4 was Kanto's. because of such a sudden spike. all the games after are preportional to the rest of the game. Yes Sinnoh has a slightly higher level E4 than some other regions but there are many more opurtunities to level up. none of them were exceptionally hard though.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • The levels of the Elite Four are sort of connected to the length of the game, that is why GSC E4 wasn't as high compared to the others.

Level 60+ really isn't that high, to pose a higher level of difficulty the Elite Four should have levels ranging into the 75s / 80s, and actually have decent movesets. The thing is with the Elite Four is that it is virtually impossible to program natures and specific EVs (or at least I can't determine that in Advance, in DP IIRC only the Battle Tower had specific EVs and Nature) for ingame trainers, thus minimising the threat the Elite Four hold.

I feel Kanto's Elite Four aren't hard at all, due to having unbalanced teams.

I haven't even played D/P, but so far the hardest Elite Four was the Shiny Gold X one, and that was still a cakewalk IMO.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Not if youd'e ask me...
    Id'e like to see the elite four improving with each new battle until Lv100. That would be great.

Years
  • the D/P elite were a terrible mix of pokemon at medium levels. In the whole elite pokemon, there were actually only a few that were really hard to beat. It makes me wonder if they would ACTUALLY try to make the elite 4 a little bit harder.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • dot you think that pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl elite four is much more over leveled than most previous games? alot of training is involved just to mtch their levels i believe that its very high.

I actualy wish that they were higher. Like already said there is no difference from Kanto,ect.
    They are too easy.

TLM

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Wouldn't increasing the Level of the Elite Four make it much more difficult for the children who play Pokemon too? It can't be forgotten that little kids also play Pokemon. If the Elite Four was too difficult for little kids, then they wouldn't be able to beat it as easily as we could, and they wouldn't want to purchase future games. Don't get me wrong, I would love a much stronger Elite Four. But that doesn't mean I won't buy a game because it's too hard unlike a child would. Producers (Gamefreak/Nintendo) would probably favor them more than teens and adults who prefer more of a challenge.

I would prefer the option of rebattling a new Elite Four with stronger Pokemon after beating them the first time, similar to FR/LG. Then everyone wins :)

Last edited:

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Wouldn't increasing the Level of the Elite Four make it much more difficult for the children who play Pokemon too? It can't be forgotten that little kids also play Pokemon. If the Elite Four was too difficult for little kids, then they wouldn't be able to beat it as easily as we could, and they wouldn't want to purchase future games. Don't get me wrong, I would love a much stronger Elite Four. But that doesn't mean I won't buy a game because it's too hard unlike a child would. Producers (Gamefreak/Nintendo) would probably favor them more than teens and adults who prefer more of a challenge.

I would prefer the option of rebattling a new Elite Four with stronger Pokemon after beating them the first time, similar to FR/LG. Then everyone wins :)

That's why I think that in Platinum there should be a way to adjust the difficulty level of the game. Then little kids can play and not have too tough of a time with it, and we can make the game more of a challenge so that Wifi isn't the only thing that makes the game entertaining.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That's why I think that in Platinum there should be a way to adjust the difficulty level of the game. Then little kids can play and not have too tough of a time with it, and we can make the game more of a challenge so that Wifi isn't the only thing that makes the game entertaining.
    For some reason I'm not too fond of that idea. I can't explain why I don't like the idea much...maybe because in a sense it goes against the idea of the previous games? I don't know. :(

As for the Elite Four, like others said, they're not really over powered. Even if they were, it'd be much more fun of a challenge if you ask me.

S0undWav3

Teh! Elite!
    Years
  • Well... In Diamond in Pearl... If you've gotten Pal Park yet... you can just migrate Pokemon to help defeate the Elite 4... And No it should be more challenging... It's just wayyy to easy!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • jman617 said:
    Wouldn't increasing the Level of the Elite Four make it much more difficult for the children who play Pokemon too? It can't be forgotten that little kids also play Pokemon. If the Elite Four was too difficult for little kids, then they wouldn't be able to beat it as easily as we could, and they wouldn't want to purchase future games. Don't get me wrong, I would love a much stronger Elite Four. But that doesn't mean I won't buy a game because it's too hard unlike a child would. Producers (Gamefreak/Nintendo) would probably favor them more than teens and adults who prefer more of a challenge.

I would prefer the option of rebattling a new Elite Four with stronger Pokemon after beating them the first time, similar to FR/LG. Then everyone wins

On the children and level difficulty, I think it'd be best to have an option at the beginning. "Easy, Standard, Hard" That would definitely be a beneficial system. :D It's the one option I've been hoping for every generation. Unfortunately, it hasn't been implemented, but it hopefully is in the future. Making it an enjoyable gamer for every type of gamer. And yes, I agree overall, as high difficulty can deter younger players, but I'd just prefer to have the option to select harder gameplay.

Detox

Actually yes I do...but its not a problem,because the AI uses the moves like an idiot....

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • I really dont think they are over leveled I beat them the very first try
    (not that hard)

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • It's kinda offset by their absolutely crappy Pokemon. I mean, some of the Pokemon--Heracross and Garcomp--were real threats, but most of them were just jokes. I mean, come on, Sudowoodo? Beautifly?

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • I don't think it was too high, I personally enjoyed the challenge and coming up with an effective strategy to beat them. Strategy played a huge role in defeating the Elite Four, in this case, I think it was more important than having pokemon at levels stronger than all of the Elite Four and then just using whatever moves are the strongest (though that's what you mostly have to do against Cynthia's spiritomb, though you have to keep in mind that Spiritomb isn't affected by normal, fighting, or psychic.)

Aaron-I personally thought Aaron was a walk in the park, my Staraptor beat him easily. No difficulties there.

Bertha-a bit more difficult, but Sudowodo and Golem were taken out easily by Infernape, and Quagsire, Whishcash, and Hippowdon by Roserade.

Flint-Wasn't too hard, mostly because I had the type advantages, Quagsire took care of Rapidash and Infernape, Infernape took care of Steelix and Lopunny, and I used Weavile (using Dark Pulse) against Drifblim.

Lucian-Lucian was, tough, I guess, but mostly due to his Bronzong. Weavile beat Mr. Mime and Girafarig easily, with a little more difficulty on Alakazam, but Weavile beat it nevertheless, Staraptor beat Medicham, but wasn't effective on Bronzong, so I used Infernape, though Bronzong nearly fainted it with Psychic, and it took a couple of revives and hyper potions before I beat Bronzong mostly because of that stupid Psychic attack. I defeated it in the end with Infernape though.

Cynthia-Cynthia was definitely hard, Spiritomb, I just pummeled it with my strongest attacks from Infernape and Staraptor in order to defeat it, but it actually does help that Infernape was a higher level. Garchomp wasn't too hard, cause I took a chance and sent out Weavile to use blizzard, which beat it after two hits. Roserade defeated Gastrodon and Milotic, though for Milotic my Raichu, which had been sitting in its pokeball the whole time, had to jump in, Roserade I defeated with Staraptor, and Lucario with Infernape.

Well, there you go. I think that's pretty close to what I did, cause I can't really remember it like, crystal clearly, but yeah.

Back