• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four - A Cakewalk?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, toughest set of Elite Four members I had ever faced would be ones from Hoenn--Sydney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake. A big reason for this is because, back then, I wasn't as experienced as I am now, and didn't have much idea as to what certain attacks would do nor what kind of a difference stats change make (I thought those kind of moves to be useless, as they didn't cause any damage).

To beat them, it took me about an entire week. Of course, my team consisted of six Pokémon, but four of them were there only for HM-related purposes, and other two were the ones that I would actually find myself using when going into battles. Since they were sort of under-leveled, however, it made it even more difficult for me to take down these guys, unfortunately.

As for which Elite Four I've found to be easy, I would say Unova--ones from Pokémon Black and White (not too sure about Black 2 and White 2, as I haven't fought them in those games as of yet). To beat these guys, it didn't take me much time at all, to be honest; got them all in one shot.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    When I was younger I usually had problems in Yellow/Blue and Silver/Crystal because I wasn't aware of the term "strategy" like I am now. In Silver I would usually get to Morty lose, go get my rare candy and abuse the clone glitch until all my Pokemon were in the upper 30's because well, I was a greedy bastard so my Pokemon were in the 50's by the time I reached the elite four so I had little to no issues. If I didn't do the clone glitch then I'd get manhandled. Either because I didn't use my team properly or didn't use my revives/full restores properly.

But now I can beat the elite four with little to no problems, playing Pokemon for more than half your life will do this to you. The last elite four I faced was in Crystal on my phone and even with lower level Pokemon I was able to manage a victory. My Eevee evolved halfway through the elite four and I still had a Poliwhirl at the time. Definitely not the strongest team, but the way they worked together works magic if you know how to use them. Beat them with Typhlosion, Donphan, Eevee (yeah I know), Poliwhirl, Pidgeot, and Dragonair all in the upper 30's.

As for do I want the elite four to be harder? Not necessarily, but more Pokemon that have dual types would be nice.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The recent generations have made the Elite Four easier because they allow you to pick which order you challenge them in. This means that the levels do not increase after each defeat, so the more you defeat, the easier it gets. Imagine if you start battling against level 56 with your own level 56; after you defeat 12 Pokemon with level 56 Pokemon it's likely that yours will increase in level, and the final Elite Four will be a lot easier. That was pretty wordy, I hope that made sense o.O

I think that the Elite Four that was the hardest was Hoenn's as the final trainer was a Dragon-type one, which didn't have too many common weaknesses in Generation 3.

Back