• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Elite Four: Round 2!

Years
    So I've been training up Pokemon to complete my dex and it was taking forever with wild pokemon so I decided to take on the Elite Four again... well, I remembered how easy it was the first time so I thought it would be no big deal the second time as well! I went in with a competitive lv. 70ish Greninja holding Life Orb, my lv. 60ish starter Sceptile, and four super low level pokemon that I was trying to evolve. Well... these were five of the hardest battles I've ever had that I actually really wanted to win! I used my Sceptile mostly as death fodder and as my low levels evolved, I used them as death fodder too. After I beat the Elite Four and I was facing Steven I had 5 Hyper Potions left and 1 Max Revive. I beat his Skarmory, Carbink, and I had his Aggron down to about 25%, my Greninja was at about a little more than 50%, I had already used my max revive... and he hit me with a cit stone edge! {D:} Man I was so bummed! I thought for sure I was going to beat it. {XD}

It was really fun though! Definitely a challenge for me! I want to try to solo it again with my Greninja but I think I can beat it for sure now because he leveled up a lot during that.

What was your most exciting experience with the Elite Four in the Pokemon world?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    To be honest my Mega Charizard Y cleared out 90% of the elite four by itself (using flamethrower only). I switched in gardevoir for the dragon guy and switched a couple of times for Stephen but that was it. Stephen is the only one who ever makes me switch out so i don't lose a pokemon.

I wish they'd not stick with the single typing thing for the elite 4, it should require a well varied well trained team to get through.

Years
    I really wasn't too keen on these Elite Four rematches. They did have some neat Pokémon (like Sidney having a Scrafty with its Hidden Ability, Intimidate, to replace his Mightyena), but I think they got on the lazy side copy/pasting all the movesets of the ones they already had. Not to mention my Gardevoir was like Level 71 or so and somehow faster than Drake's Haxorus, and if they are all 25 IVs like I remember reading in the Pastebin, that tells me he was -Speed nature. They could have made their moves better, definitely.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    The only thing i did like the most regarding the Round 2 with the Hoenn Elite four was the vastly improved lineup of Glacia.

While beggars can't be choosers, i did wish that someone from GF could have made more efforts to actually give better stats to the E4 mons (such as giving the best IVs for each E4 member's signature (Absol, Sableye, Glalie (LOL), and Salamence) and have made their Mega forms a lot more difficult to deal with. Or the most simple answer.. Turn every E4 member and Steven a bunch of Cynthias and Ghetsis (having pokes with perfect IVs and EVs across the board)

Steven's rematch lineup remained as fun to battle against as ever, although the strange choice of replacing his Cradily with Carbink is something i questioned. I always thought that Cradily offered some anti water and ground coverage to boot, and it has the fantastic defensive typing to do so, as the Grass/Rock typing is really amazing. Though i did like his choice of Aerodactyl to replace the Armaldo, who i actually thought was the best possible replacement to keep up with his gimmick of earthly materials (Rock, ground, and Steel theme), and he really needed a much faster physical threat to his party than that slow ass Bug-Rock thing.

I'm currently training a new lineup to face of the improved Hoenn E4 just to see how many HoF records i could record since I've already retired my main in-game team of my Starter Blaziken, LONELY Gardevoir, Gyarados, Salamence, Roserade, and Cobalion, who have conquered every aspect of the main in-game content and are happily testing out their skills against the Battle Resort in Super Singles and Super Doubles. I do have to re-breed all of them to actually make a strong PVP/competitive team based on their team.

Back