• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
I am starting now and I don't know what I am doing or why the text doesn't show up. None of the three are working, the second one i changed to 0x00 instead of 0x08 to see if something would happen, but it only shows this strange message.
ht tp://prntscr.com/gx4t92 ht tp://prntscr.com/gx4wtj ht tp://prntscr.com/gx4w8g ht tp://prntscr.com/gx53ce

i am not allowed to post links so delete the space in the ht tp

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 23, 2017
Seems like a really cool battle engine, so I'm trying to install it. I've run into a problem, though with this part: "Open a 'make.py' file in the scripts folder and configure the offset location, the rom name and additional options."

So I've made a new "make.py" file with notepad, and I've got no idea what the offset location is, or how to properly enter all of this into the new file. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Because the purpose of the engine is to be dynamic, so that you can for example apply it on your modified ROM.
Also you can select just the hacks you really want to insert.

Last edited:
Years
I'm having some trouble to install.

"- Open a 'make.py' file in the scripts folder and configure the offset location, the rom name and additional options."

When I try to do this step and open the file a tiny window (cmd I guess) open and immediately close. In the end I can't configure like in the guide. Can someone help me? And yes, I installed python and make sure to tickle the checkbox of "add to path"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
You should open the make.py file (with a text editor for example) and modify it according to your needs.
After that you should run cmd.exe and write "python scripts/make.py".

Last edited:
Years
You should open the make.py file (with a text editor for example) and modify it according to your needs.
After that you should run cmd.exe and write "python scripts/make.py".

Thank you!!! I'm able to modify now. I have two more questions.
1 - What line should I edit to modify the offset location?
2 - offset location is where my rom is? maybe it's sound a little dumb but i'm still learning english and some things confuse me.

Thanks again for the attention!

Last edited:
Years
I learn about attacks animations the last 2 weeks, and i make some animations for finish
this awesome project:

i make all last for 4 Gen: (you can download all in the attachment)
i test one per one, and all work fine

PSYCHO SHIFT

Psycho_Shift.gif

Spoiler:

TRUMP_CARD

Trump_Card.gif

Spoiler:

HEAL_BLOCK

Heal_Block.gif

Spoiler:

ME_FIRST

Me_First.gif

Spoiler:

COPYCAT

Copycat.gif

Spoiler:

LAST_RESORT

Last_Resort.gif

Spoiler:

HEART_SWAP

Heart_Swap.gif

Spoiler:

MAGNET_RISE

Magnet_Rise.gif

Spoiler:

MAGNET_BOMB

Magnet_Bomb.gif

Spoiler:

STONE_EDGE

Stone_Edge.gif

Spoiler:

STEALTH_ROCK

Stealth_Rock.gif

Spoiler:

CHATTER

Chatter.gif

Spoiler:

DOUBLE_HIT

Double_Hit.gif

Spoiler:

ROAR_OF_TIME

Roar_Of_Time.gif

Spoiler:

SPACIAL_REND

Spacial_Rend.gif

Spoiler:

CRUSH_GRIP

Crush_Grip.gif

Spoiler:

MAGMA_STORM

Magma_Storm.gif

Spoiler:

DARK_VOID

Dark_Void.gif

Spoiler:

SEED_FLARE

Seed_Flare.gif

Spoiler:

SHADOW_FORCE

Shadow_Force.gif

Spoiler:

well it finish 4 gen moves animations, i finishing 5 gen now, i public it soon.

download all code in attachment.

Are these movements already inserted in the last update? or do I have to insert them? in that case, directly as I would in an easy way?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Thank you!!! I'm able to modify now. I have two more questions.
1 - What line should I edit to modify the offset location?
2 - offset location is where my rom is? maybe it's sound a little dumb but i'm still learning english and some things confuse me.

Thanks again for the attention!
You have to edit these line:
"ROM_NAME = "BPEE0.gba" #the name of your rom
OFFSET_TO_PUT = 0x01000000"

First expand your ROM to 32 mb with XSE, then just follow the istructions to apply the engine (they're really easy to follow).

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Where is the offset of the weather effect? I want to add hail in the battle which the Advance map used steady snowing or three snow flakes, so where is the new offset of sandstorm, sunny and rainy effect? I cannot find the new offset. In Emerald which without Dizzy Egg's engine, the hail in the battle is working, but use the same code in Dizzy Egg's engine, it is not working.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Where is the offset of the weather effect? I want to add hail in the battle which the Advance map used steady snowing or three snow flakes, so where is the new offset of sandstorm, sunny and rainy effect? I cannot find the new offset. In Emerald which without Dizzy Egg's engine, the hail in the battle is working, but use the same code in Dizzy Egg's engine, it is not working.
hi
battle_system_part2.c has load_weather_from_overworld()
in it, there's a section
Code:
        switch(ow_weather)
        {
        case 3:
        case 5:
        case 13:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.downpour && !battle_weather.flags.rain && !battle_weather.flags.permament_rain)
            {
                battle_weather.int_bw = (weather_permament_rain | weather_rain);
                battle_scripting.AnimInfo1 = 0xA;
                is_weather_loaded = true;
            }
            break;
        case 8:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.permament_sandstorm && !battle_weather.flags.sandstorm)
            {
                battle_weather.int_bw = (weather_permament_sandstorm | weather_sandstorm);
                battle_scripting.AnimInfo1 = 0xC;
            }
            break;
        case 12:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.permament_sun && !battle_weather.flags.sun)
            {
                battle_weather.int_bw = (weather_permament_sun | weather_sun);
                battle_scripting.AnimInfo1 = 0xB;
            }
            break;
change that to
Code:
        switch(ow_weather)
        {
        case 3:
        case 5:
        case 13:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.downpour && !battle_weather.flags.rain && !battle_weather.flags.permament_rain)
            {
            }
            break;
        case 4: //delete this line if you don't want the ash weather from the route before fallarbor to be hail
        case 7:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.hail)
            {
                battle_weather.int_bw = weather_hail;
                battle_scripting.AnimInfo1 = 0xD;
                is_weather_loaded = true
            }
            break;
        case 8:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.permament_sandstorm && !battle_weather.flags.sandstorm)
            {
            }
            break;
        case 12:
            {
            }
            break;
and then rebuild and then pretty hail <3
i think you still have to put the F3 00 at the addresses from my post in the weather hacking thread
um
so yeah hit me up if this doesn't work

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
hi
battle_system_part2.c has load_weather_from_overworld()
in it, there's a section
Code:
        switch(ow_weather)
        {
        case 3:
        case 5:
        case 13:
            {
            }
            break;
        case 8:
            {
            }
            break;
        case 12:
            {
            }
            break;
change that to
Code:
        switch(ow_weather)
        {
        case 3:
        case 5:
        case 13:
            {
            }
            break;
        case 4: //delete this line if you don't want the ash weather from the route before fallarbor to be hail
        case 7:
            if(!battle_weather.flags.hail)
            {
                battle_weather.int_bw = weather_hail;
                battle_scripting.AnimInfo1 = 0xD;
                is_weather_loaded = true
            }
            break;
        case 8:
            {
            }
            break;
        case 12:
            {
            }
            break;
and then rebuild and then pretty hail <3
i think you still have to put the F3 00 at the addresses from my post in the weather hacking thread
um
so yeah hit me up if this doesn't work

Can you change it into compress form? And put that hex to which offset?

BluRose

blu rass
Years
not to mention the process is clearly enunciated for you and it being dynamic will change the offset for every single individual rom; tracking it down is not worth the time

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
not to mention the process is clearly enunciated for you and it being dynamic will change the offset for every single individual rom; tracking it down is not worth the time

I need the compressed form, then I can use winged to find out where is the offset. Can you send both of these code? Before hack and after hacked. Thanks a lot.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I need the compressed form, then I can use winged to find out where is the offset. Can you send both of these code? Before hack and after hacked. Thanks a lot.
curious; have you ever built this engine previously on a vanilla emerald rom or otherwise? like at all gotten it to work?

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
curious; have you ever built this engine previously on a vanilla emerald rom or otherwise? like at all gotten it to work?
Can you find out the weather code (winhex form) from theta emerald ex? Then I can use CT2 to search that code in other Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back