• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen embarassed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2007
    I wasn't and as a matter of fact, I had kids telling their parents to look at me because I was buying it. LOL. One kid's mother thought I was buying it for my kids. I told her that it was for me, and she was shocked! I'm older than most people here, and I have a "few" tattoos. I was also riding my motorcycle that day, so it looked even more strange I suppose. Most people won't make fun of me for playing it, because they're afraid I'd beat them down in the parking lot. LOL.
    whoa guys watch out tough guy comin through

on topic, yea i was embarassed as hell. and proud of it. no matter how hard nintendo tries, pokemon will never be considered to be more than a 5 year olds game. sure its fun, but theres no way in hell im telling any of my friends i play it. ill probably stop playing once i beat the elite 4 and go do something else with my spare time.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    Whatever. I pretty much only play shooters and usually only game on my 360. I bought my DS about two weeks before this game came out just for something different during the 360 game drought. I got talked into this game by the guys at Gamestop. I haven't put it down since, and only today, did I finally turn on my 360 again.

I have told a few friends that I game with that I'm playing it, and they laugh and call me gay. I honestly thought the same thing before I played it, and now I could care less what they think. I suppose if they saw Pokemon like Giratina or Heatran and Darkrai, they might think differently, but oh well. Their loss. I'm having a blast.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I have told a few friends that I game with that I'm playing it, and they laugh and call me gay.

What does being gay has to do with Pokémon???

(Before you think about it, I'm not gay)

On topic:

I feel proud as a 19 year old walking into an EB Games full of kids. Makes me feel like a true veteran above the crowds. Sometimes I even give gaming hints to any kids I see with a game I've played.

I didn't buy D/P. My parents got it from the US, but if I were in that situation, I'd feel the same. And I don't think it's nothing to be embarassed about. People at my age, and older, are the ones that grew up playing R/B/Y, and that now just follow the franchise. I can imagine myself buying my son the 7th gen games and one for my own.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    People who call others "gay" - well, the twisted, moronic, insensitive incarnation of the word - are such basic-minded jerks, the exact type of person I absolutely loathe!!

And no, I'm not saying that because I'm homosexual. I just hate people like that.

...er, what was the topic again? Oh, right. Yeah, proud to play Pokemon. In the cafeteria at school today, Litrid and I battled, and I was shouting victory cries in Japanese out loud as I took down each of his Pokemon, lol. It was awesome.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    Everyone that I seem to run across associates Pokemon with furry pink creatures, and therefore assumes it's homosexual. Again, the comments of the uninformed, but that's really no different than those people on here that have already made a comment about me being some sort of "tough guy".

Far too many people judge a book by it's cover or make statements even though they are obviously uninformed about the subject matter they're commenting on. By my post, I thought it would have been obvious, that I was pointing outthe fact that you can NOT judge a book by it's cover. I am older than most ofyou on these forums. I also have tattoos, ride motorcycles, own my own home, have a wife and children, etc.. I am not embarressed to purchase the game, any game. Judge me by what I purchase or how I look, or what I ride, and it only proves you to be a fool.

I'll play Pokemon, and I'll roll right into Halo3 or Gears of War when I want a change of pace. FYI, I finally got the Jigglepuff that I've been after for a few days, and I'm stoked. Now if I could just get my hands (or stylus) on a shiny Darkrai (hacked or legit I don't care), and a Wynaut, I'd be thrilled.

And yeah, to those that felt the need to comment, I suppose I am a "tough guy". I'll kick your 18 y/o arse, and evolve my Eevee when I'm finished! j/k or am I?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    besides pokemon i'm also a big fan of teletubbies and ABBA..

by the way; i feel a members picture thread coming up ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    When i went to gamestop there was this couple buying the game, don;t know if it was for them or there kids. Then after that some 15/14 years olds, then me, 18, well 19 now. But then someone opened the door. This like 30 something year old guy with pokemon shirt and hat.

Almost everybody at work knows like play pokemon. One of my co-workers calls me PokeBoy. Sad really.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I wasnt embarassed at all when i bought the game. Also, i dont care if any1 i know thinks pokemon is "gay". *warning, story coming on* Last weekend, my school went on a field trip to this museum that was like 5 hours away. I couldnt think of a better way to spend a 5 hour trip then with my ds and a few games. One of the kids sitting behind me on the bus started laughing at me and called me "gay" for playing pokemon diamond. I just ignored him at the time but a couple days later on the way to school i caught him with his ds playing pearl version. I laughed hysterically and secretly pointed it out to his friends. Man, that kid was embarassed. Anyways, my point is, theres really no need to be embarassed to play pokemon. I grew up playing r/b/y and now that im older im playing d/p its just something i grew up with, just like people that grew up playing final fantasy or megaman. Theres nothing "gay" about pokemon its just one of the most addicting (not best) rpgs ever created

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I wasn't embassered at all, but thats because I bought it online.

I was once teased for my love of Pokemon, so i've always been rather secretive about it in real life. It doesn't matter what ie is, i will most likely feel a little embassered

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Umm im not one to judge people usually but...teletubbies...c'mon man...thats a big difference then pokemon.
    Pokemon: Rpg style game with awesome features and attacks
    Teletubbies: Show on tv aimed towards 3 year olds that is usually the same as barney in many ways.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    i was just kidding... duh..

my hobbies besides pokemon are being a politician, journalist and having an amazing girlfriend. doing that while listening to the killers and watching errol flynn-movies. well, more or less :)

embarassed???

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    i was just kidding... duh..

my hobbies besides pokemon are being a politician, journalist and having an amazing girlfriend. doing that while listening to the killers and watching errol flynn-movies. well, more or less :)

embarassed???

That's me in 5 years. But with less drugs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    there weren't that many people at the gamestop when i got my copy but i was still embarassed. not so much anymor though.. our anime club at school practically turned into a pokemon club so... yeah.. x3

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    https://www.linksfraktion.de/

I thought that was Denmark. Apparently my mistake. Deutschland?

yup, it's in the bundestag (the former Reichstag, the German parlement).. Die Linke is the party that used to be the communist party of East Germany. I'm Dutch and active for another party, but sometimes we ally with them on international issues.. they're not the bad guys anymore

@ Portujesus: you could also try to get more sleep than i usually get ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back