• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Emerald hack questions

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
Years
  • 1) I'm trying to do a Emerald hack. I've started the game and implemented the day&night system on it. But the time is stopped when you set the clock in the begining of the game. So its either always night OR always day. How I can fix it ?

2) I use Advance Map 1.92. I tried to put a person event in a new map I created but there is a problem: the sprite of person don't change automatically. It apear as a "P" only. If I set sprite to 1 it comes as a Brandom on bike sprite. So I have to always try every sprite and see what each one is. Help please

3) Again about the script: I've followed some tutorials step by step but when I test the script it causes a bug on my game. It shows the Regi braille language text and if I talk again to the person I created the game freezes. Help

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    1) I'm trying to do a Emerald hack. I've started the game and implemented the day&night system on it. But the time is stopped when you set the clock in the begining of the game. So its either always night OR always day. How I can fix it ?

Make sure your emulator has the "Real Time Clock" (or something to that effect) enabled in its settings, that's usually the problem.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • 1) I'm trying to do a Emerald hack. I've started the game and implemented the day&night system on it. But the time is stopped when you set the clock in the begining of the game. So its either always night OR always day. How I can fix it ?

2) I use Advance Map 1.92. I tried to put a person event in a new map I created but there is a problem: the sprite of person don't change automatically. It apear as a "P" only. If I set sprite to 1 it comes as a Brandom on bike sprite. So I have to always try every sprite and see what each one is. Help please

You need to press ctrl + z, lol.

3) Again about the script: I've followed some tutorials step by step but when I test the script it causes a bug on my game. It shows the Regi braille language text and if I talk again to the person I created the game freezes. Help
    Your script was not correctly done. Decompile it and you'll see what I mean. Also, always try to debug the script before compiling. (you can show us your script for further advice).

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
    Years
  • Make sure your emulator has the "Real Time Clock" (or something to that effect) enabled in its settings, that's usually the problem.

Dunno if its the vba fault because look what it says when I start the game:

"The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded."

and then

"The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur."

help

Ah and the script is the following:

#org $script
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $talk
    $talk 1 = Eai seu leproso!!
    boxset 6
    release
    end

It's a simple text script. The message is in portuguese since I'm trying to do a english / portuguese hack. I used every command the tutorial said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Dunno if its the vba fault because look what it says when I start the game:

"The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded."

and then

"The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur."

1. That first error is odd. What's the memory system set to? (I believe it should be 128k flash, have to check)

2. Did you try enabling and disabling the real time clock setting? Does that affect the second error?

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
    Years
  • I enabled the real time clock option and the second problem is solved. But the first not.

The save type is Authomatic and 64K.

Back