• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Empoleon, Torterra, or Infernape

Which is YOUR favorite Sinnoh starter evolution?

• Empoleon

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Infernape

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • Torterra

Votes: 70 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I voted for Torterra mainly because he looks the coolest. Empoleon is my starter right now but to me they are not good enough so I'm going to get rid of my Empoleon soon

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I personally like torterra the best since Empoleon is weak to ground types.
    Infernape is strong and fast, but I just don't liek it too much/

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Empoleon. Torterra is 4X weak to Ice which just doesn't cut it for me. Infernape would be better if his attack was higher... Empoleon all the way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Empoleon :D
    Not much of a fan of Infernape, but Torterra is alrightish to decent. [if that makes sense :P]

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
    Years
    Empoleon

Empoleon for sure. Steel and Water make an incredible combination giving it a total of three weaknesses and immunity to poison, all while sporting a beastly move-pool and a base Special Attack and Special Defense that is not to be taken lightly. Just to top it all off, who wouldn't want a steel penguin that just screams awesome.

- Jirachi² -

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I always loved Torterra, but I would only use him in-game since I know he's the worst in battling compared to the other two.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Infernape all the way. He was the first starter i ever got and he's great cuz he learns a wide range of TM's. There all really great starters though, so its hard to pick...

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Torterra is just beast, I got him as a Turwig from a good friend of mine :) and now its a Torrerra with Earthquake :)

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Infernape because I like fire type pokemon and it is dual fire/fighting which are two of my favorite types. Also Infernape is a hell of a good pokemon.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like all three by way of looks. One thing that deters me from Empoleon is that once it gains the steel type fire is 1x effective.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    ive always loved empoleon he was the first i played through with and the only problem i have with it is its slow cos if it was fast it would probably be the best starter competitively cos its special attack is quiet high plus ice beam destroys torterra and surf/hydro pump destroys infernape but empoleons so slow infernape gets in close combat first

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Personally, Empoleon. I've played through Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum with it. Speed isn't a big deal for Empoleon because you can get the Quick Claw early on it the game and also get Agility as an egg move (Which I did once I got to Solaceon... Borrowed a Horsea from a friend, bred it with my starter, and got Piplup with Agility). It can actually be a pretty nice special sweeper later on it the game.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Personally, Empoleon. I've played through Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum with it. Speed isn't a big deal for Empoleon because you can get the Quick Claw early on it the game and also get Agility as an egg move (Which I did once I got to Solaceon... Borrowed a Horsea from a friend, bred it with my starter, and got Piplup with Agility). It can actually be a pretty nice special sweeper later on it the game.

my empoleons male so i guess i should whip out my ditto and breed until i get a female ha

Back