• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emulation Questions

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
Years
  • Ok, so when I got to play a ROM off of VBA Link, the game comes up and says at the bottom in red, "Loaded Battery". What does this mean and can I get rid of it? I know it doesn't do anything to the game but it just intrigues me.

Second, How do you send your saved file to a friends computer (maybe over IM or something) so they can trade the Pokemon and then give it back to you without anything messing up.

And lastly is an opinion, do you think that hacking a ROM is cheating? Lets say you wanted to put in an island to get some rare Pokemon that normally isn't there, almost as though Game Freak intended for it to be there. I like to experiment but I HATE cheating. So some opinions would be nice.

Thanks to whoever contributes!

Also, another thing, maybe this thread can be used for people to ask about all their Emulation questions so there isn't 1,000 threads about people needing help with loading a ROM or such things. Just saying, if you need help with Emulation, ask here! I won't be able to help all the time as I'm not a genius with it, but other people can.

Last edited:

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Ok, so when I got to play a ROM off of VBA Link, the game comes up and says at the bottom in red, "Loaded Battery". What does this mean and can I get rid of it? I know it doesn't do anything to the game but it just intrigues me.
    That needs to happen, that is an good thing, not a bad thing. If it crashed after it said that then you got an corrupt ROM.

Second, How do you send your saved file to a friends computer (maybe over IM or something) so they can trade the Pokemon and then give it back to you without anything messing up.
    If your using MSN (Windows Live) you can simply drag the file into the chat window and the other person can receive it.

And lastly is an opinion, do you think that hacking a ROM is cheating? Lets say you wanted to put in an island to get some rare Pokemon that normally isn't there, almost as though Game Freak intended for it to be there. I like to experiment but I HATE cheating. So some opinions would be nice.
    Well if your hacking an rom to get 100's of Mew's, Celebis etc then yes i think it is cheating. I only cheat for fun (since I have completed the game anyway)
    Using cheat codes for unlimited HP, yes cheating.
    but cheating ruins the fun of games if you have not played it.

Hope you understand now.

Years
  • Sorry, i barely have enough time to type this so if my question was already answered... then.... well... sorry.
    i got the Visual Boy Advance and the Emerald ROM but when i drag the ROM into the VBA, the VBA screen turns completely white... can someone help?

m

Years
  • Sorry, i barely have enough time to type this so if my question was already answered... then.... well... sorry.
    i got the Visual Boy Advance and the Emerald ROM but when i drag the ROM into the VBA, the VBA screen turns completely white... can someone help?

You can't simply drag the ROM into the Emulator, you have to first open the zip file of the ROM which you probably have already done. Next you click File, Open or Open Gameboy, then select the ROM. From there it should work normally unless the ROM is corrupted.

Years
  • Yes, i think the rom might be corrupted... cuz other ROMS work.... and i can't find too many places that have pokemon emerald.... and now whenever i try to download a ROM it says: Not enough DP's to download.... what does that mean?

m

Years
  • Yes, i think the rom might be corrupted... cuz other ROMS work.... and i can't find too many places that have pokemon emerald.... and now whenever i try to download a ROM it says: Not enough DP's to download.... what does that mean?

I have no idea about DP's, maybe you should get a new Emulator entirely, then a new ROM. You can't just drag it into the Emulator, you have to do exactly as I said. But if that still doesn't work, its a messed up ROM or a messed up Emulator.

Years
  • ^Yes, i did the exact thing you said... i know the emulator isn't messed up cuz the game still work.... it's just the ROM... is pokemon Emerald really worth it? or should i get Ruby or something?

m

Years
  • ^Yes, i did the exact thing you said... i know the emulator isn't messed up cuz the game still work.... it's just the ROM... is pokemon Emerald really worth it? or should i get Ruby or something?

Sure Emerald is worth it, if you want to play it, just try to get a different ROM. If nothing works then sure go for Sapphire or Ruby but you should be able to find a clean ROM.

Years
  • K, found one... now the real hard part is to get an advance map editor and a text editro... which i've found both but... it says there is an error....

m

Years
  • K, found one... now the real hard part is to get an advance map editor and a text editro... which i've found both but... it says there is an error....

If you have hacking questions then go to the Hacking subsections because I really don't know much at all about that stuff. Just wanted to help you get the ROM to work.

POKE'WIN

It's Funny Cuz Its Not Me
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    if the rom just turns white you know you dont have to get a new rom (well mabe sometimes but not always)But any way go to the emulator load the game that turns white and go to options(of the emulator)then press the emulator one another menu should show up goto save type and click flash 128k.Then the rom should work(4shared has every rom and hacking tools well almost anyway)

m

Years
  • if the rom just turns white you know you dont have to get a new rom (well mabe sometimes but not always)But any way go to the emulator load the game that turns white and go to options(of the emulator)then press the emulator one another menu should show up goto save type and click flash 128k.Then the rom should work(4shared has every rom and hacking tools well almost anyway)

Thanks for posting, sounds like you know a lot about Emulation.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2008
    can someone help me? where can i find a good emulator for SNES and the pokemon hacks to download? and where can i find the pokemon hacks to download them?

m

Years
  • can someone help me? where can i find a good emulator for SNES and the pokemon hacks to download? and where can i find the pokemon hacks to download them?

I don't know about Emulators but we can't tell you where to find the ROMs and such. You have to just google it until you find results. Plus, there are a lot of hacks so we won't even know which ones your talking about. Just google for some results 'till you find something you like.

m

Years
  • thank you and just to ask do you know who is good with emulators?

Probably just one of the first searches that comes up, I really don't know anything about SNES. You really can't tell unless it sounds good I guess lol. Plus you can go with trial and error, download, and if it isn't that good then try another one. Some just don't work good with certain games for some reason or another though so watch out for details.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2008
    thank you for help dood ^^

one more thing, where can i find Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends and Pokemon Shiny Gold?

Last edited:

m

Years
  • thank you for help dood ^^

one more thing, where can i find Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends and Pokemon Shiny Gold?

Lol no problem. And for your last question, you can find the Patches for those Hacks in the Hacks Showcase section of the Emulation Forums. Just search around for them, I'm pretty sure they are in the Hacks Hall of Fame, but if not keeping looking.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    that just means you get your roms from dgemu and you have basicly went past your download limit for that day >that's why i left that forum< STUPID DGEMU :badsmile:

Back