• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English games have no region codes

Years
    Have just ordered an american 3ds as well as the australian copy of the game, the code on the game is TWL P IRAO (may come in handy)
    aussie (and supposedly all english versions) should be region-free. will test this one out when the shipping comes together, n let you guys know.

Years
    Have just ordered an american 3ds as well as the australian copy of the game, the code on the game is TWL P IRAO (may come in handy)
    aussie (and supposedly all english versions) should be region-free. will test this one out when the shipping comes together, n let you guys know.

here to confirm in all certainty that the australian version of black/white is indeed region-free; it works on the US 3DS. reportedly, it works on japanese consoles, and ill bet it works on any other console too.

i suspect it's because australia currently sells at the highest price, so if nintendo's motive is price control, its region-free characteristic certainly reflects that.

NatureKeeper

I want a US game tested on a 3DS system, since I am probably getting a 3DS from Europe. Can somebody try this please? =3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I noticed that although I have a european english copy (from european nintendo(which i bought in a game shop in South Africa)) it wasn't anglicised. it still had 'farther' in its text which is American, so I think there is actually no difference between American and European English cartidges.

Back