• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Red Chain

... :x
    Uhhhh, I'm actually surprised. Like everyone else I was expecting the release date to be on the 3rd for Australia.
    Like that one Pokemon/Nintendo type calender that I saw, they had the 3rd marked with a special symbol, as well as the 6th. It's just weird that it turned out to be the total opposite of what everyone was thinking.

But I guess that would be a little odd for Aus to get it before US.. but I almost expected Aus to at least get it before Europe.
    .. Weird how that works.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    IN YO FACE NICA

... :x
    Uhhhh, I'm actually surprised. Like everyone else I was expecting the release date to be on the 3rd for Australia.
    Like that one Pokemon/Nintendo type calender that I saw, they had the 3rd marked with a special symbol, as well as the 6th. It's just weird that it turned out to be the total opposite of what everyone was thinking.

But I guess that would be a little odd for Aus to get it before US.. but I almost expected Aus to at least get it before Europe.
    .. Weird how that works.

Actually the calendar said March 4th. :(

And... yeah guys it's like, really depressing over here for me. ;____;

WELL! We can always get the third game first. >____>;
    (Even if it's far away).

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
    Years
  • I don't see Aussie getting the third game first, then again, I hardly pay attention to the release dates outside the US. Grats to Europe for getting it two days before the US though, I suppose. But hey, makes no difference to me; I'm still rockin' my Japanese White.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • You're reading the date wrong.
    If they're getting it on the 3rd, then it's the 3rd of October, 2011. That's forever away, nearly 2012.
    The date there is show as mm/dd/yyyy.
    So it's March 10th, 2011, not 3rd of March.

Europe gets it on the 4th of March.
    The US get it on the 6th.
    And Australia get it on the 10th.
    Not really much of a gap in the slightest as compared to previous releases
    The problem being that in Australia date is read dd/mm/yy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I noticed that earlier too but since everyone else was saying March 10th...

Isn't Europe the same? Since America's the only back-to-front one, iirc, which'd mean the 3rd of April, compared to 6th of March and 3rd of October. Oh God that'd suck. Thankfully, it was a mistake (...or if it wasn't and is October, I will cry).

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years

• Isn't Europe the same? Since America's the only back-to-front one, iirc, which'd mean the 3rd of April, compared to 6th of March and 3rd of October. Oh God that'd suck. Thankfully, it was a mistake (...or if it wasn't and is October, I will cry).

Well for the UK the official Nintendo magazine has confirmed it as the 4th of March and I'd assume they would've got their facts straight (click) as for Austrailia PokemonAus seems really confident it's the 10th (click), so I would think it must have been written US style. I've never seen the point in the massive difference in release dates for English speaking countries, especially since they always release it as the same American translation and not the correct spelling for that area.

I don't mind having to read American English (though floor numbering does bug me :P) as long as the release dates are basically the same as they finally are, But having to wait ages for no real difference has always really annoyed me. Hopefully they keep this up in the future :)

Regards
    Jonny

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Like I said.. atleast there's such a small difference in release dates, Europe get it 2 days before America, America get it 2 days AFTER Europe and Australia get it 6 days after Europe and 4 days after America, were only talking days, not months it was awful when we waited 2 months after America to receive D/P.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    YES! Finally Europe gets something first! Normally I don't buy Pokémon games same day they are released, but this time I will. Finally Europe gets some love from Nintendo.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years

• The problem being that in Australia date is read dd/mm/yy.

We read the dates that way too in Europe.
    And here in Ireland, which is in Europe, which gets stuff same day as the UK.

It's just easier to see the mistake when you see 03/10/2011.
    Because that'd be 7 whole months difference between America/Europe and Australia.
    And that'd just be ridiculous and not at all understandable.

As far as I know, most of the world uses dd/mm/yy.
    America and Canada, etc uses mm/dd/yy, which is rather confusing.
    Where as some places use yy/mm/dd or yy/dd/mm.

It's understandable though.
    Whilst Europeans are used to the format they use, saying it for example as:
    10th of March, 2011.

Where as Americans, in their date format are used to vocally saying March 10th, 2011.

Neither is wrong. Both are right! =D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Hey, when's the African release? *is temporarily in Nigeria* I'll only get to play like a month after y'all :(

Why? Are you travelling the world or something? And I think you should just pick the game up (if you are indeed travelling the world) from a country where they sell it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Nah, not travelling the world. I'll get it when I live.

So since the dates have been released, where does this thread in from there.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Some of the online retailers are sayin delivery for 25th March, and it's not avaliable to pre-order on Amazon, strange.

Edit: found one that says 4th March with European trailer (no different just the date and age restiction)

Back