• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Enigma Crystal & Rock Capsule - Discussion

Do you think they are important?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    hmm... the lock capsule looks like something that silph. co would make, which means it probably has a useful or needed purpose, like the silph scope. in the last three years surely they must have invented something new?

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Well, whatever it is, it will probably revealed next summer in the movie. Or maybe they'll reveal something else.

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    well it looks like something to do with silph. co... maybe if you go to them with it?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Why are people even bothering to suggest that they unlock new Pokemon, this is a remake and work on Gen. 5 hasn't openly begun yet; there are no new Pokemon to be had!

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Why are people even bothering to suggest that they unlock new Pokemon, this is a remake and work on Gen. 5 hasn't openly begun yet; there are no new Pokemon to be had!

As far as you know.

necessary characters.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Oh btw, I haven't seen Rock Capsule's in-game description on this thread. It's supposed to be this: "A tough capsule that must be opened with a special key." From Serebii's HG&SS Discovery thread. Coronis took that from the game's script.
    Hmm, that leads me to believe that the correct term for the item is "Lock Capsule" and not "Rock Capsule". Sadly, that only leaves us with the term Capsule to think of theories for. However, it says it must be opened with a "special key"..is there a Key-like item in the game's code to resonate with this? Based on its look, it probably has something to do with Silph Co. or some advanced (Alien) society.

Years
    Hmm, that leads me to believe that the correct term for the item is "Lock Capsule" and not "Rock Capsule". Sadly, that only leaves us with the term Capsule to think of theories for. However, it says it must be opened with a "special key"..is there a Key-like item in the game's code to resonate with this? Based on its look, it probably has something to do with Silph Co. or some advanced (Alien) society.
    This is all starting to get a bit deep if you ask me. :3
    I just wish we had some way of testing all of these theories... :(

On the "Special Key" bit though, if it really does require a key like that, similar to Rotom's forme change room unlockage in Platinum no doubt, then wouldn't they have to have 2 events? That would make it silly, so, maybe you get the key ingame from Silph Co. once they see that you have the Lock Capsule?

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    ^ No, there's no key-like key items (lol) in the game, excluding the Underground Key of course. Which leads me to believe that a NPC opens the Capsule for you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Rock capsule might be a key item to evolve Pokemons you could once only evolve in locations in Sinnoh. Aka Mt. Coronet, Moss rock, etc.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The Rock Capsule is what intrigues me the most in all of this. I mean it could possibly be for a future event to be held unlocking something within the game. Except the question that receeds is, what? Other than this, I would go with the evolutionary theory. Currently it is unknown on where one can evolve their Pokémon such as Nosepass with trading back to DPPt and the Rock Capsule sounds as though it can fulfill that exact purpose.

Again, it is left a mystery until farther looked into. Though, it can very well be an unincluded item within the game like what has before done before in previous games. This possibility hasn't left my thoughts as yet either.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    No, we all know. There will be no new Pokemon until the next generation of games. Anything beyond that is just wishlisting.
    I can agree on you that a fifth generation Pokémon making an appearance because of these items is highly unlikely. The games are more of a remake rather than a new generation on the whole. However, this wouldn't rule out the thought of a new forme for a certain Pokémon having a close relation to the Rock Capsule. Like the Gracidea Flower for Shaymin, this can easily lead to a new forme for another Pokémon. Which Pokémon it may be? I don't know, I'm just basing it all through theories.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    A new forme also sounds like a good theory. But for what pokemon? There aren't many options imo.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You know what i think? Its just an item that will never be used and is not supposed to be in the game! Take r/s/e they had that unused legendery dog remix music? Maybe they put it in the game but decided not to and forgot to remove it compleatley? Also, serebii says its rock capsule, but im not going to put too much trust in a fan site... no matter how good it is!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    It should have a purpose. Its not like its gotten in game from anyone. Its from a WiFi event. Its not possible they would program a WiFi event not to use it. The game has only what, 5 Pokewalker courses and that's it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A thought just hit me, and it may sound off, but it is just something I added up while reading through the past few pages. Seeing as this item may not be found within in-game play, but more so Wi-Fi handed event, then what if it had possible connections with Celebi and the later story of Giovanni. It is a Rock Capsule, kind of similar in a way to a Time Capsule which Celebi controls [time]. So, if this item was given out as a Wi-Fi event to unlock Celebi for capture and later add in depth to Giovanni's return, then I think it could possibly work out well. Again, this is simply an idea that came to mind and is highly unlikely [but we'll see].[/time]

Years
    A thought just hit me, and it may sound off, but it is just something I added up while reading through the past few pages. Seeing as this item may not be found within in-game play, but more so Wi-Fi handed event, then what if it had possible connections with Celebi and the later story of Giovanni. It is a Rock Capsule, kind of similar in a way to a Time Capsule which Celebi controls [time]. So, if this item was given out as a Wi-Fi event to unlock Celebi for capture and later add in depth to Giovanni's return, then I think it could possibly work out well. Again, this is simply an idea that came to mind and is highly unlikely [but we'll see].[/QUOTE] It could be a replacement for the GS Ball? Like, it being a 'lock' capsule it might contain something that awakens celebi that you must put into the shrine or something?[/time]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back