• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enter The Necro Region ~The Land Shrouded in Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years

Ryan was thinking about Seadra, as he had done for much of the journey to Gem Island. I'm sure she will be fine, John will take good care of her and I know she will love going down to the sea every day when John goes fishing.

"Ryan Walker!" The mention of his name awoke Ryan from his day dreaming, "You will receive a Bagon (in a crystal-coloured Pokeball), a Topaz Wing, and a topaz-coloured Pokedex!" He walked forward and collected the Pokeballs and items.

"Right let's see what you can do. Go Bagon!" Ryan said throwing the Pokeball into the air. Bagon appeared in front of Ryan, the two looked at each other for a moment, Bagon took a step toward Ryan and nodded its head.

"Come on then let's get going." Ryan said as he attempted to pick the Bagon up so it could sit on his shoulders.

"Okay you're heavier than you look." Ryan sighed, and then he added "I guess you will just have to walk, let me know if you get tired. Oh and this is yours." He passed Bagon the Topaz wing and together they set of walking towards Island Path 1.

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Flynn tossed the emerald pokeball in the air, and a small dog-like pokemon came out.
    "Pup! Pup!"
    Sitting down on the ground with a wagging tail, a Puppyseed looked up expectantly at her. Flynn started rummaging in her pack. While doing this, she quietly groaned amongst all the clutter.
    "Hello Puppyseed." She said, after pulling out the Emerald Leaf. Well, at least its not a fire type..
    She held out the leaf delicately, and the pokemon took it eagerly, before licking its fur and hiding it amongst it.

Flynn stood up after this and looked about the small town. Many of the trainers had already sent out their pokemon, and were heading for the same path she was. She
    Lightly tapped the ground near her Puppyseed, and started walking along the path. The Puppyseed followed, looking about like a lost child in a large museum. "Puppyseed! Pup!"
    Flynn turned about quickly as a small figure stepped about nearby bushes. Suddenly, a pichu stumbled out, looking straight at them, glaring.
    "Pii!" It said, preparing to jump or charge.. Flynn couldn't tell.
    "Puppyseed, use growl!"
    Flynn commanded, and immediately Puppyseed started growling deeply. The pichu suddenly gave out a spark of electricity, and ran towards them. It released a small blast of energy at Puppyseed. Puppyseed, not expecting a attack, was hit full force by the thunder shock, but quickly shook it off.
    "Okay! Puppyseed, use Tackle!" Flynn quickly uttered the command, stepping back one step. Puppyseed quickly ran at the Pichu, which was hit harshly in the side. "Piichuuu.." It squealed, before unleashing another thundershock attack, which missed as Puppuyseed jumped to the side. "Tackle, one more time!" Flynn shouted, grabbing a pokeball from the 5 she was given. Puppyseed ran at Pichu again, but missed, and hopped back alittle, and was hit by another thunder shock. Puppyseed seemed just about done, and the Pichu was rather roughed up. "Okay! Good job, Puppyseed!"
    Flynn threw the pokeball right at the pichu, who was hit, and engulfed in a red light.
    3.. 2… 1…

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    "Yeah I've heard of her!" He said. "Are you also headed to the Necro Region?"

He smiled as the two started discussing what lied ahead.

~*~

Chapter One: Meeting the Scatteredbrained Sinclair!

Mal stood in the line with the rest of the new trainers, noticeably taller than most of them. The professor walked and Mal glanced up. She started going through the list of trainers.

After a minute, she finally reached his name.

"Malcolm Holder! You will receive a Togepi (in an opal-colored Pokeball), a Pearl Sphere, five Pokeballs, and a pearl-colored Pokedex!" Mal stood in silence, trying not to make a noise. He had always wanted to see a Togepi. He walked up to receive his starter. He grabbed the pokeballs and stashed them away, taking the Pokedex and opal ball in hand.

He walked to the back of the room and tossed the ball. A bright beam shot from it and the tiny, shelled creature formed in front of him.

"Piiii!" She cried. It surveyed the room and hopped off. Mal picked up the ball and grabbed the pokemon before it could get to far. It tried to wriggle free, exasperated.

"PIII!" It dropped down from Mal's arms and bit into his leg.

"AH!" He yelled. The pokedex flew open.

"Peck. A flying-type move." It said in a creepy, automated voice.

It started to waddle away before Mal picked her up again.

"TOGA!" It yelled, wiggling around.

"Stop!" He yelled, still in pain. "No! Cordelia!"

The name slipped, coming from nowhere. The Togepi stopped.

"Pii?"

"Yeah... Cordelia..."

"Pii!" She said, obviously content. He put her back on the ground and she started to skip again. She got a few feet before turning and motioning for Mal to follow.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    The warden: I, personally, would like to see some longer posts. You have good posts overall, but they could easily be longer. You can go into amazing detail about the environment around you, like what you see, smell, touch, taste and hear. Could you try to incorporate that?

Wiloweon: Good, but I'll leave capture posts up to Serene. :]

|:Hiro:|: Nice post! I love Togepi's attitude!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    .Sublime: Gah, I'll let co-owners decide, too. And remember (to co-owners), you can also grade my own posts, 'cause I'm nice like that XD

Anyhow...

Flynn caught a level 3 Male Pichu with a Hardy Nature!

Yay for you :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye and Flareolf walked along on Island Path 1. Skye gazed around his surroundings... There were grassy patches where pokemon hid, but so far, he hasn't seen one. He didn't see any trainers to battle either... Skye sighed and looked down at Flareolf. "Flare....Flareollllllf...." Flareolf whined, obviously wanting to do something other than walk along a rocky path seeing no trainers or pokemon. Skye sighed and muttered quietly "I know, buddy, I know...."

They walked along the path for a few more minutes. Flareolf's ears suddenly perked up when it saw a figure walking around up ahead. "Flaaaare! Flareolf!!!" Flareolf barked excidedly and poked Skye's leg with his paw.

Skye looked ahead and saw a pokemon trainer. He grinned and noticed that the trainer saw him and quickly ran over to him. It was a boy who was probably the same age or younger than himmself. "Hey! Let's fight." The snotty kid replied. Skye said" Heh! Fine with me! Let's go, Flareolf!"
    Flare quickly jumped infront of his trainer and barked "Flaaare! Olf, Olf!"

The kid threw his pokeball and a Poocheyana came out. Skye heard his pokedex say "Poocheyana, teh puppy type pokemon. It-" the rest was unheard because Skye instantly commanded "Flareolf, quick attack!"

Flareolf did a speedy attack and tackled the Poocheyana. "Poo-Pooch!" "Poocheyana, use tackle!" the young boy commanded. The Poocheyana tackled Flareolf, which fell to the ground from the blow, but quickly recovered from the attack.

"Okay Flareolf, use another quick attack!" Skye shouted. Flareolf did another speedy quick attack and hit the Poocheyana in the side. The Poocheyana hit the ground, but came back up. "Poochey..ana!" the Poocheyana growled.

"Use growl, Poocheyana! Then a tackle!" the kid yelled. Poocheyana used growl, and Flareolfs attack fell. "Flareolf, Flare!" Flareolf growled. "Flareolf, use leer! Then a quick attack again!" Skye commanded. Flareolf leered at the Poocheyana, making its defense fall.

Then, Flareolf did a quick attack once again and hit the Poochyeana. "Pooch, Pooch!" The Poocheyana cried, andhit the ground. It stuggled to get up, and stood for a few moments, but fell on it's side.

"Flare!! Flareolf!!!" Flareolf cried and did a few jumps before running twoards Skye in excitment. "Alright Flareolf, we won!" Skye cheered. The boy was upset that he lost and returned Poocheyana in its pokeball and grumbled something that Skye couldn't hear...

OOC: No idea if Poocheyana actually say "Pooch, Pooch!" but oh well, XD.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Neku: Great job!

Oh, and I forgot to give out items to the people when they made their posts (and I won't bother Limey about it), so...

Skye received the following: A Flareolf, five Pokeballs, a Garnet Flame, and a garner-colored Pokedex!

Jasper received the following: An Eevee, five Pokeballs, an Amber Ribbon, and an amber-colored Pokedex!

Ryan received the following: A Bagon, five Pokeballs, a Topaz Wing, and a topaz-colored Pokedex!

Mal received the following: A Togepi, five Pokeballs, a Pearl Sphere, and a pearl-colored Pokedex!

And finally...

Flareolf is now level 6!

I REALLY need to post XD

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    "PIII!" Cordelia shouted as she fell to the ground. She hopped back up and climb up the tree again.

"Oh god... Stop!" Mal said as Cordelia fell again. She had been trying to get an apple for about three minutes. Mal grabbed a limb and pulled himself up. He stood, trying to keep his balance and took two apples.

"Here," he said, jumping down and hand her the second apple. She smiled and bit into it.

~*~​

"Cordelia!" The Togepi had dashed off, following some other Pokemon. You are Now Entering Island Path 1. The sign was small and easy to miss. The grass was up to his waist. He surveyed the area.

"PIII!" Cordelia shouted. He followed the noise, finally reaching a clearing. Cordelia was surrounded by bubbles, scared.

"Cordelia!" Mal yelled. The Pokedex beeped.

"Poliwag. The Tadpole Pokemon," it said.

"Uh..." Mal couldn't think. "Uh... Peck!"

Cordelia, noticing Mal, stood tall. Well, as tall as she could. She ran towards the Poliwag and bit its arm.

"Poli!" It screeched in pain and flailed about. More bubbles came out of the spiral. They landed on Cordelia's skin and popped, making her fall to the ground. She jumped up, biting as hard as she could. The Poliwag screeched and fell down, unconscious.

Cordelia let go and tried to get back to Mal. She took a few steps and fell down too. Mal stood, confused. After a few seconds, he pulled out the opal ball and brought Cordelia back in. He clutched the ball, pulled out another and through it at the unconscious Poliwag.

The ball opened and a bright light surrounded the Pokemon. The light was sucked into the ball and it closed, starting to move back and forth. Mal got closer, the ball starting to move faster. Was it going to work?

The ball slowed. Mal put his hand on top and felt the metal. It was oddly warm. It rumbled in his hand, kind of like it was massaging it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    OOC: Hiro, you can't catch a pokemon without Serene or another co-owner saying that you caught it, it said so in the rules of Ch 1. Just look above at Willweons post, never said that her person caught the Pichu. I'm just stating this since co-owners or Serene isn't on, I'm just helping a bit... If that's ok.

The kid who Skye fought was annoyed and left. Skye was affectinatly petting Flareolf. "You were great Flareolf!" Skye said. Flareolf gave a cheerful look and barked "Flare, Flare." Skye got up and asked Flareolf "Do you want to go back in your pokeball? You got hurt, so..." "FLARE! Flare, Flare!!!" Flareolf interupted Skye and shook his head furiously.

Skye laughed and said "Okay, okay! Just wondering Flareolf... If you get tired, let me know though." Flare barked "Flare... Flare!" They continued to walk down the path. They walked down the path and Skye saw Hoothoots perched in trees, Poocheyanas running through the tall grass and occasionaly saw some Pichu's and a few Poliwags.

He decided not to catch any of them, he wanted to wait for another pokemon later in time and just be with Flareolf and train him. Skye looked ahead and saw another trainer. This trainer also ran over to Skye, like the first. "Hey, you! Let's battle!" A young girl said, who was probably the same age as that other kid Skye fought moments ago.

Skye looked down at Flareolf and asked him "You good enough to battle Flareolf?" Flareolf puffed his chest out and barked "Flare! Flareolf, Flare!" Skye grinned and said "Alright, if you say so! Go wild!!" Flareolf jumped infront of Skye barking "Flaaaare! Flare, Flareolf!" in agreement to Skye. The young girl threw out a pokeball revealing a Pichu.

"Pii! Pichu, Pii!" The Pichu cried. "Okay, Pichu, use thundershock!" the girl said and the Pichu used the attack, but Flareolf quickly dodged it. "Nice Flareolf! Now use a quick attack on Pichu!" Skye commanded and Flareolf did a quick attack on the Pichu, ramming it hard in the side.

"Pi-Piii!" the Pichu cried. "Alirght Flareolf, quick, while its down use leer!" Skye yelled before the Pichu's trainer could respond, and Flareolf leered at the Pichu, making its defense fall. "Pichu, quick, use another thundershock!" The girl cried. The Pichu, which was panting did a thundershock. This time, Flareolf wasn't able to dodge the attack and was hit by the thundershock attack, but he was able to shake it off.

"Flare... Olf!" Flareolf barked, the hit taking more damage then it seemed, adding to the damage he had already taken. Skye bit his lip and knew he needed to end the battle quick, or else Flareolf would faint. "Flareolf, use a quick attack again!" Skyen commanded, hoping that it would take the Pichu down.

Flareolf dashed using his quick attack and hit the Pichu head on. "Piii, Piiichuuu!" The Pichu cried, and fainted. "Noooo!" The girl cried and quickly returned her Pichu and ran off upset that she lost. "Flareolf, you did it!" Skye cheered, happy that Flareolf was able to make the hit. "Flare... Olf, Olf!" Flare barked cheerfully while panting a few times.

Skye walked over to Flareolf and picked him up. "...I know you don't want to go in your pokeball, right?" Flareolf nodded his head barking "Flare...Flareolf, Olf..." Skye grinned and said "No problem! Though, you're going to go in there sometime before we leave Island Path 1."

Flareolf nodded his head in agreement again, and Skye began to walk off again carrying Flareolf.

OOC: I might change this so he'll arrive at the port or whatever in this post, so yeah.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    OOC: Hiro, you can't catch a pokemon without Serene or another co-owner saying that you caught it, it said so in the rules of Ch 1. Just look above at Willweons post, never said that her person caught the Pichu. I'm just stating this since co-owners or Serene isn't on, I'm just helping a bit... If that's ok.

OOC: Forgot about that, but I PMed Serene before making that post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    OOC: Did she say that you were able to catch it...? Sorry, I'm like this because I was a mod. on a diffrent site, so I'm like this on some things XD. But was it only to get a shiny or whatever it was? And we should probably move this to the OOC thread.... XD

.......And Leonik, I already HAVE Flareolf.... Hydrocub is the only one left...

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Oi, oi, what's this now?

I only mentioned to Hiro that he would get a shiny Poliwag, since he got a number close to the one I was thinking of. But yeah, like most chapter RPs, you must wait for the GM/Co-owners to say if you caught it or not, what level, what nature, etc.

Anyhow...

Mal caught a level 4 shiny female Poliwag with a Mild nature!

And...

Flareolf is now level 6.5 7! Flareolf learned Fire Spin!

Finally...

Neku is right, Leonik. Hydrocub is the only one left. I'd pull some strings for you, but I've already done that enough. So sorry :/ The only one I may pull strings for now is FrozenSnowman if he's still interested in getting an Eevee and using his own Eeveelution (you are a he, right Frozen? XD).

Flax

Bang.
    Years
    -Island Path 1-
    As seen coming from Island Path 1, a mysterious figure who is wearing a dirty brown cloak that covers most of his upper body, hiding his entire left arm and vaguely shielding his mouth - heads toward Sinclair's lab, walking at a constant speed as if he's in a hurry but tried to remain patient in an impressive manner. The figure is wearing a vivid red helmet that reflects a shining strange light. The look on his eyes just shouts malevolence and in spite of whatever his intentions maybe, it seemed obvious that he's up to no good. Overall, his appearence *undoubtably* attracted unwanted attention - something in which he personally wanted to avoid for the sake of his goal.

Gear. Gear Akune is the name of this corrupted person. Born in a rough, twisted life, he soon became a notable dirty crook in most regions. His reason for coming to this region are due to his personal reasons. Gear managed to arrive in Necro region as a stowaway, boarding a ship unnoticed. Typical for someone like him.. but that doesn't really matter right now, does it? It seems that Gear's "primary" objective in the Necro region to verify the location of an old friend of his, who was rumored to be in the Necro Region.

Gear continues walking, heading towards his destination. He doesn't seem to be distracted by anything in particular, not bothering to fully adapt to the environment surrounding him. After a while, Gear eventually passed by all or most of the trainers who just recieved their Pokemon and Pokedex, as well as miscellaneous items from Sinclair's lab. They all head the opposite direction, while Gear continued to make his way towards Sinclair's lab. Gear almost walked into a trainer but he quickly pushed them away, rudely.

"Get out of my way, punk.." He snarled with a cold accent, not giving a care about the person he pushed. He didn't even look at the person - the jerk. He went back minding his own business, heading to Sinclair's lab.. for whatever reason he might have.

-Arrival at Sinclair's labortory-
    Gear eventually arrives at the lab and heads inside without consideration or without a thought - he just went in. Two steps inside, he sneaks in and immdeiately looks around, scanning his eyesight in search of something in particular, something that would catch his eye. He pulls his cloak down, revealing his dirty mouth. "This must be the place.." He thought quietly to himself as he continued to look around some more. He marches foward, with an oblivious look on his face.

(ooc: Excuse me but my post might seem a little weird and lacking.. It might also seem a little reckless to the story, as I'm trying to make Gear a "false" antagonist in his debut in this story. Mind you, this isn't how I usually RP as I like to focus on dialogue the most, having my characters interact with everyone else's (that's my favourite part in RPing!). Maybe, it's a little short especially for someone like me who has a habit of making posts as long as a 6000 word essay.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye walked down the rocky path of Island Path 1. He was still holding Flareolf, who was relaxing in Skye's arms. Skye continued down the path until he saw a sign that said 'Port to Aquamarine City'. Skye looked down at Flareolf and said "Well, looks like you're going back in your pokeball." Flareolf barked "Flare, Flareolf..."

Skye took out Flareolfs crimson pokeball and clicked the button. The bright light came out of the ball and took Flareolf into the pokeball. Skye walked up the path, and saw a pokemon center ahead when he passed the sign.

Skye walked up to the pokemon center and looked around. It doesn't look like any of the other trainers got here yet... Skye thought. He opened the door to the pokemon center and looked around inside.

It was the same as an ordinary pokemon center, Nurse Joy at the desk ahead of him, and a few other people. But, there were no other trainer in there that he had saw at the meeting where they all got their pokemon.

Skye walked up to the desk where Nurse Joy was and said "Here's my Flareolf Nurse Joy..." and he handed her his crimson pokeball containing Flareolf. "Alright, just wait a moment and Flareolf will be fine" Nurse Joy said taking Flareolf's pokeball and putting it on the machine that healed pokemon.

Skye waited for a few moments, and then Nurse Joy handed him back the pokeball containing Flareolf. "Please come again if you need anything" Nurse Joy said cheerfully. Skye nodded and walked out of the pokemon center.

"Alright, come on out Flareolf!" Skye said pushing the button on Flareolfs pokeball. Flareolf came out, completly healed. Skye kneeled down to Flareolf and asked "Feeling better after those battles Flareolf?" Flaaare! Flareolf!!!" Flareolf replied jumping on Skye and licking his face.

Skye laughed and then heard his pokedex beep. "...Eh?" Skye muttered and took out his garnet colored pokedex. In a creepy electronic voice it said "Flareolf, movesets are quick attack, leer, and fire spin..."

Skye gave a suprised look and said "Oh! You learned fire spin Flareolf? Must've been after those battles, huh?" Flareolf gave a proud look and barked "Flare!" Skye grinned and said "Alright Flareolf, we'll test out fire spin in our next battle!"

Flareolf gave an excited look and barked "Flare! Olf, Flare!" Skye looked around the port, seeing that some of the trainers still weren't there. "Come on Flareolf, let's wait in the Pokemon Center" Skye said walking into the pokemon center, with Flareolf following him.

OOC: Didn't know if I could play as Nurse Joy or not, but I did anyway XD

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    (OOC In this post I'm going to have Ryan stop over night let me know if you want me to change it.)

Walking through the long grass that reached up to his waist, Ryan looked round he had lost sight of the other trainers who set off with him.

"I' don't think we should have taken this shortcut." Ryan said to Bagon who was walking just ahead of him. It was starting to get dark and cold, and Ryan even though he wouldn't admit it disliked to travel in the dark.

"Right I think we ought to find some where to stop for the night. What do you think?" Ryan asked Bagon, who responded by nooding her head.

"How about by that tree over there?" Ryan asked Bagon pointing to a tree that had killed the long grass growing in it's shade.

"Gon Ba-gon" Bagon replied again nodding her head. Ryan and Bagon walked over to the tree and began to settle down near the tree, Ryan spreading a black sleeping bag out on the floor and Bagon by clearing a patch of ground of stones and dirt to sleep on. Next Ryan arranged a circle of stones on the floor and made a fire, both Bagon and Ryan sat close to the fire happy to be warm, Ryan after all was only wearing a shirt and shorts. Ryan pulled a tin of beans and sausages out of his bag along with a suacepan and placed it on the fire.

"Here try this." Ryan said to Bagon pouring some beans in to a bowl, then picking out a couple of sausages with a fork and putting them on top. He placed the bowl in front of Bagon, who sniffed it once and then started to eat it happily.

"I guess you like it then." Ryan said as he ate from the saucepan. After eating they both went to sleep.

In the middle of the night Ryan was awoken by movement near by, it seemed that the smell of sausages had attracted a Poochyena to the camp.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Everyone who posted after me: Your posts are all good :3 So yeah. And don't worry Flax, I don't think you have to make your posts a whole chapter of a story long XD

Anyhow, I've said this a trillion times, but I REALLY need to post with Cierra (by the way, I like character interaction too; 'tis definitely the best part of an RP :3).

---RECAP BEGIN---

As we all know, Cierra was on the S. S. Aqua, on the way to Gem Island. During her trip, because it was unmentioned until now, our heroine encountered someone who claimed he could beat her at fashion shows in the Necro Region. Not wanting to lose to this impudent boy, Cierra made a bet with him, claiming that she could not only beat him at the fashion shows, but also win at all the tournaments, which she had originally planned on doing. The boy accepted, and the two walked away from each other, a grimace on each face.

Cierra is now in Necro. Late coming in, she notices Sinclair with some other people. She rushes over, ready to receive her Pokemon.

---RECAP END---

Chapter 1 Begin:

"Isidora Wheeler! You will receive a Misdreavus (in a sapphire-colored Pokeball), a Sapphire Tiara, five Pokeballs, and a sapphire-colored Pokedex!

"And finally, Cierra Riley Clover! You will get a Ralts (in a ruby-colored Pokeball), a Ruby Sceptre, five Pokeballs, and a ruby-colored Pokedex!" That was all Cierra heard. Too late to see what the others got, I guess... she sighed as she walked up quickly to receive her Pokeball. The top was made of what seemed to be pure ruby, while the bottom seemed to have a more opal sort of color. The texture was smooth, sure enough, and when Cierra tapped it against one of her other Pokeballs, it seemed to nearly get a scratch. Whew, really delicate. Better be careful with this one, she thought as she brought out a cloth, cleaning the place where she had bumped the Pokeball.

Turning her attention to the item, Cierra noticed how it was a very gorgeous gold (was it real?) made up the rod and the arc where the jewel went. The jewel was a cross between a diamond-like shape and an egg-like shape; well, it was more or less like a ruby teardrop, to make things clear and simple. Cierra felt the somewhat rough texture of the jewel; it seemed though the roughness only came from the points. The gold part was also smooth (except at the tips of the arc), and it seemed to shine even brighter in the sunlight.

As Cierra walked away from the crowd, she heard the professor call from behind them. It had to do something with a Pokedex. Riiiiight, Cierra thought. Can't start a journey without a Pokedex. She walked back over calmly and picked up what seemed to be hers; it had a ruby color to it as well. She left the professor at will, finally. As she headed towards the Island Path, she looked at her Pokeball. Time to call the little one out, she thought. She pressed the button in the center, and it opened with a red light. As the creature began to take form, Cierra took note of its humanoid features.

"Rauroo!" the creature exclaimed. what was it now? Ralts! Right! Cierra took one look at the small creature, then at her Pokedex. She didn't bother reading the info., but noticed something rather bizarre. Her Ralts had different colored eyes than the Ralts in the Pokedex, and she knew all Pokemon generally had similar features. But as she looked at a shiny Ralts, she noticed how it was blue on the cap-like thing. Definitely like this Ralts.

"Well, you need a name," Cierra said, putting away the Pokedex. "How about Ruri?" The Ralts nodded at the idea, and Cierra smiled. Ruri... Sounds kind of cute, actually. As she headed towards her next destination, she was stopped short by a low growling sound. Turning around, Cierra came face-to-face (or rather, leg-to-face) with a Poochyena. Turning on her Pokedex yet again, Cierra noticed a huge difference with this one. It was a topaz-like color, while the one in the Pokedex was black. She looked at the shiny Poochyena, and recognized it as the one that was looking at her with scorn at the moment. Gasping, Cierra immediately pointed to Ruri.

"Ruri! The time for you to fight is now!" Ruri looked at her, then at the Poochyena, then back at Cierra, a confused look on her face. Oh... wait a second... Ruri is a Psychic type, while the Poochyena is a Dark type... Oh, well, what does Ruri know? Looking at the team stats in her Pokedex (one of the many handy features it had), Cierra noticed Ruri knew Growl, but also knew one more move that proved to be useful.

"Ruri, Will-O-Wisp!" Cierra commanded. The Ralts lifted up her arms and connected them on her chest. A blue flame appeared, and Ruri blew on it. The flames that came at a blinding speed hit the Poochyena on the mark. The creature fell backwards, most likely afflicted with a burn. Unfortunately, there was nothing else Ruri could do now that the Pokemon was burned. But, as she learned from a Capture Specialist back in Johto, Cierra recalled how each Pokemon had a certain capture point. She looked at the Poochyena, and as it rolled over she noticed its chest. That must be it, she thought.

"Pokeball, go!!!" she cried out, releasing one of the five Pokeballs onto the puppy. The ball opened up, and the Poochyena was engulfed in a red light. After waiting a couple seconds, the ball began twitching back in forth. A few more seconds past, and Cierra became tense. Finally, the ball ceased its twitching, and Cierra knew she had caught a Poochyena. Nari... That name is perfect, she thought, smiling at the Pokeball.

"Good job, Ruri," she said to her Ralts, who seemed quite pleased. Recalling her Ralts back, Cierra walked on towards her destination. As she did, she noticed a berry tree containing two Rawst Berries. Perfect timing, Nari will need them. she grabbed the Rawst Berries off the tree, and pushed one towards Nari's Pokeball. A red light appeared, though the ball did not open, and the Rawst Berry vanished, most likely inside the ball.

---

I need to leave, but yeah. Cierra caught a level 4 shiny Female Poochyena with a Lonely Nature! Cierra gained two Rawst Berries, but now has one.

And don't worry; I'm not gonna have Cierra luck out every time. That wouldn't be fair now, would it? Oh, and I don't have to have anyone say if I catch the Pokemon/gain an item and whatnot, since I am the GM XD But co-owners can still grade me. That is all.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    (OOC: Finally finished ... whew.)

Luna woke on board the ferry to a maid poking her tentatively in the side. "Excuse me, miss, but the ferry's about to depart, and if you were headed to the Necro Region I think you'd better get off now ..."

"Mhm ... whaa ... wait ... what time is it? Huh? Oh SNAP!"

She was up in a matter of seconds with a hasty thank-you to the maid, who dodged out of the way as Luna practically bolted off the ship and onto the jetty. The little boardwalk in front of her leading to the pristine town was completely devoid of any other people, which could only mean one thing. "Oh ... snapsnapsnapsnapsnap!"

She sprinted up the path into the town, swerving around several astonished locals as she hastily checked the directions she'd scribbled onto her palm in ink the night before. "Turn right at the bakery and follow the path up the hill to ..."

At the top of a shallow hill covered in long, obviously neglected grass was a large brick building, a sign proclaiming "Garnetville Pokemon Laboratory" planted firmly into the ground beside the door. Luna pulled the heavy door open with a desperate wrench and skidded to a stop in a large auditorium, where a small group of maybe ten or so people waited patiently as a woman in a white lab coat handed out packages. It was a diverse group - mainly teenagers, although they looked like they ranged in age from about twelve to twenty-five. She thought she even spotted Mal's purple jacket in the crowd, though the flash of violet was gone the moment she turned around.

The wait seemed to take forever as the woman - who could only be the mysterious Professor Sinclair - handed out whatever she had to give the assembled group. This Professor Sinclair ... is a woman?

At last, Luna trudged up rather sullenly to recieve her items, keeping her gaze fixed rebelliously on the tips of the professor's very shiny shoes. She took the bundle with a mumbled word of thanks and was out the door before the professor made her last announcement, which was when she realized. "Wait ... Pokedexes? We get Pokedexes?"

She ripped the bundle open excitedly. Hm ... nice color. Not purple, but it's a nice shade of green. What'd she call it? Oh, jade.

By this time everyone else was heading for the door at the same time, so she retreated outside and sat down at the side of the building to rummage through her new stuff. The empty Pokeballs went in her backpack, as did everything else except the Pokedex, which she tucked carefully into her pocket. She would have missed the green Pokeball if not for it tumbling forlornly from her lap as she stood up. Oh, right. A starter Pokemon. Wait ... which one did I get again?

Luna tossed the ball rather clumsily - it was much easier-looking in the movies - and watched expectantly as it opened with a flash, revealing a little green dinosaur with a large leaf on its head. Hey, look. A Chikorita. Aww, how cute.

"So ..."

The little dinosaur looked up and seemed to notice its trainer for the first time. Its enormous, quavering black eyes instantly screwed up into a look of what Luna could only describe as ferocity. "Chika-riiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

With a massive screech, the Chikorita leaped. Luna fell back onto the ground, banging her head on the wall - half from shock and half from the force of the impact - as Chikorita sat on her stomach and glared menacingly at her. Ow! Well, this is definitely not what I expected.

"Chikor --" she started, but Chikorita whacked her hard with the leaf on its head. It hurt, too. "Ow!"

Chikorita hopped off with a huff and ran off around the side of the building without a backwards glance. Luna scrambled after it - her? - and rounded the corner just in time to see a flash of green as the Pokemon hopped up the steps and retreated back into the lab.

She sprinted up the stairs after it, only to be confronted by a white-coated lab assistant who was holding the indignant creature tightly, trying to avoid its furious pecks and headbutts. "Um ... excuse me, but I think Chikorita --"

The aide sighed knowingly. "She won't listen? Tell me about it. She goes nuts every time we take her out of sight of Professor Sinclair." He squinted at Luna suspiciously through his crooked and smudged glasses. "Don't tell me you're one of those kids who just happened to pick Fern up as a starter Pokemon."

"Fern?" Luna asked him, momentarily distracted. "She has a nickname already?"

"No," he said huffily. "Everyone just calls her that, for some reason. I guess with her, you've just got to be polite and put up with her. That's what the professor did. Well, good luck with the little laboratory demon." He handed her Chikorita and walked away without a backwards glance.

Luna glanced at Fern. The little green Pokemon glared rebelliously back. She could have sworn that if Chikorita had been human, she would be pouting at her.

"So," she told Fern, "I guess I don't have to nickname you after all."

Fern scowled.

"Well, we're stuck with each other," Luna told her. "So you'd better get used to it, unless you want to spend most of your time inside your Pokeball." She held the bright green sphere up with her free hand for emphasis.

She could have sworn Fern sighed in surrender. Carefully, she put the Pokemon down.

"Well, let's go then." Luna opened the heavy doors for the second - and hopefully last - time, nudging Fern along with her foot. Was that what you were supposed to do with rebellious Pokemon?

Ugh, this trip is going to drive me insane.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Soluna: That made me crack up XD I love Chikorita's demeanor towards Luna XD But then again, maybe it's because I also like Chikorita as well ><' (then again, I love every Johto starter)

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    "PIII!" Cordelia licked the Poliwag, now known as River. River shivered and hopped away, hiding behind Mal.

"Wag!" she cried. "POLI!"

Cordelia dashed after her new friend. The two ran in circle for a while before Cordelia fell down next to Mal, too tired to move. River curled up next to his chest.

Finally... Mal thought. I can finally get some sleep...

He turned over, asleep within a minute.

~*~​

"We're finally here!" Mal said to Cordelia and River. The PokeCenter was straight ahead. On Garnetville Dock. He finally made it.

"Hey!" someone said from behind him. Mal turned a young boy, looking to be about fourteen, was holding a pokeball. "How about a battle?"

"Sure," Mal said, a grin on his face. "I've been waiting for one."

"Go Vulpix!" He threw a pokeball, the bright flash forming a little, red creature with six tails.

Vulpix, the Fox Pokemon. It conto- Mal shut the Pokedex before it could finish.

"River!" The Poliwag, gazed up at her trainer. Her eyes widened when she realized what was going on. She quickly waddled out into the battle.

"Ember!" The other trainer pointed to the Poliwag. River, quickly dashed around in circles, not wanting to be hit. The Vulpix, chased River in circles for a quite a while. They both slowed and eventually stopped, exhausted. River, with the last of her strength, turned and blew some bubbles in the Vulpix's face. It howled and fell over.

That was a bit... Mal thought. Anticlimactic...

"NO!" The other trainer yelled. He rushed over to the defeated Vulpix and put it back in the ball. "You'll pay for this!"

Mal, ignoring the child's comments, picked up the tired River and carried her to the PokeCenter, Cordelia hopping along side him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back