• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Eon Ticket?

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
  • I managed to get Eon Tickets for both of my games. It took quite a while too, though. I ended up having to go to several Nintendo Zones before I got them. xD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I got mine when I connected to the internet. When I did, it popped up. I was quite surprised, as I hadn't even been given Latias yet (on my AS).

But as far as I'm aware, it's not that hard to get hold of. A lot of people have been able to spread it around now.

JVS

The very best.
    Years
  • I got mine yesterday, and was not even couting on it! Just did my daily work and chores through OPorto city like always and when I got home, BAM, Eon Ticket! Thank you anonymus guy!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I got mine yesterday and just saw it when I got home, unfortunately I only got it in my Sapphire game and had only just started Ruby. I went through my Ruby game to the point where I got my BuzzNav (just before the Captain Briney thing) so I checked my BuzzNav and turned on Street pass but no Eon Ticket, so I was so lucky to get the Eon Ticket once, but have I missed the chance to get it in Ruby? (I have no idea where I got it or who I got it from so I can't street pass with them again) Or once the street pass data is in your SD Card, is it there forever? Or is it set up that the first game you access the street pass data gets the Eon Ticket and to get another one you need to street pass someone with the Eon ticket again? OR do I simply have to get later into the game before I start getting Buzznav updates? (like, do I need to get to the point where I have access to Secret Bases before I can start getting updates in Buzznav?) I really, REALLY hope I haven't missed my chance to get the Eon Ticket in Ruby as well. Thanks for anyone that knows.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I'm still not 100% sure how it even works. Do I have to be playing OR or have it on with my DS closed at least when I street pass someone else with the ticket? Or do I still have a chance if I'm not even in a game or playing X?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm still not 100% sure how it even works. Do I have to be playing OR or have it on with my DS closed at least when I street pass someone else with the ticket? Or do I still have a chance if I'm not even in a game or playing X?

Street Pass, when activated in game (WHATEVER game you're playing) saves data onto your SD card. Your 3DS then broadcasts and receives data (as long as the wifi switch is on) to and from any other 3Ds units within range. If it gets data from a game it has street pass data for on the SD card, it then saves whatever information it is receiving onto the SD card. Then, the next time you start a game, it accesses the data on the SD card and then gets whatever the other game sent. If the 3DS gets street pass data from a game it does not have street pass data for on the SD card, it simply ignores the data. So to answer your question, t doesn't matter if the game is in the console or not, as long as the wifi switch is on and you have street pass data active on the SD card that is currently in your 3Ds it is all done automatically.

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Street Pass, when activated in game (WHATEVER game you're playing) saves data onto your SD card. Your 3DS then broadcasts and receives data (as long as the wifi switch is on) to and from any other 3Ds units within range. If it gets data from a game it has street pass data for on the SD card, it then saves whatever information it is receiving onto the SD card. Then, the next time you start a game, it accesses the data on the SD card and then gets whatever the other game sent. If the 3DS gets street pass data from a game it does not have street pass data for on the SD card, it simply ignores the data. So to answer your question, t doesn't matter if the game is in the console or not, as long as the wifi switch is on and you have street pass data active on the SD card that is currently in your 3Ds it is all done automatically.

That does answer my question, thank you. I simply wasn't certain before if street pass' auto-functions were enough. So, basically, for all I know right now, I might have an Eon ticket in my OR inventory (key items I imagine?).

Thanks again for the answer, I really appreciate it :D

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • That does answer my question, thank you. I simply wasn't certain before if street pass' auto-functions were enough. So, basically, for all I know right now, I might have an Eon ticket in my OR inventory (key items I imagine?).

Thanks again for the answer, I really appreciate it :D

Yes and No.
    The Eon Ticket doesn't auto appear in your inventory. You have to pick it up from the Delivery Lady (in blue outfit) next to nurse Joy in the PokeCenter. I believe she sends you to see your Dad after getting it.
    Now I don't know whether this is required for you to get the item, but I had BuzzNew Feed up. (Don't recall if I had a red mail box up that I tapped to update StreetPass tags or not.) Saw briefly a flash of the word Eon on the screen and thought like you did, that the item is in my bag. Didn't see it. Decided to go to PokeCenter to heal, and found the lady waiting.
    Sorry if that was more confusing than being helpful.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I got the Eon Ticket at McDonald's. Not sure is it was a person or the store. I would recommend going there if you need a ticket. We were in the parking lot.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Hehe, I, too, got my Eon Ticket from McDonald's

I think it's just randomly obtained via StreetPass, since I had a hit from someone playing Alpha Sapphire, same as me

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    To this day, I have not received it. An AR code seems like an idea even though I do have both Eon Pokémon from both games. I'm not in a rush, however.

Years
  • I got mine yesterday, and was not even couting on it! Just did my daily work and chores through OPorto city like always and when I got home, BAM, Eon Ticket! Thank you anonymus guy!

Do you know where did you get it? Did you visit any mcdonalds or shopping center? I'm from Porto too and i haven't the ticket yet

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Just to confirm something, the Eon Ticket is still able to be passed around even though the possible pickup spots are eliminated.

How do I know this? After visiting a Future Shop and two Best Buy locations today, I opened the system this evening and had a green light on Omega Ruby. Investigation showed that I had 3 Streetpass alerts, and an Eon Ticket was among them.

So now I have to check AS, and then I can go Shiny hunting for the Lati pair. Yay!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I've been trying to get the darn ticket for a long time now, what are some good places for it???? I've brought my 3DS with me to WalMart, 2 different libraries, a McDonald's, and probably other places. I'm homeschooled so I don't have the luxury of lnowing other people in school will have it, and I only have 2 friends with OrAs one being my sister.
    My 3DS only shows up to 26 Streepasses when I turn it on, but I see that isnmt a problem.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've been trying to get the darn ticket for a long time now, what are some good places for it???? I've brought my 3DS with me to WalMart, 2 different libraries, a McDonald's, and probably other places. I'm homeschooled so I don't have the luxury of lnowing other people in school will have it, and I only have 2 friends with OrAs one being my sister.
    My 3DS only shows up to 26 Streepasses when I turn it on, but I see that isnmt a problem.

Are you looking at the right thing? Because 3DS are limited to 10 streetpass partners at a time. (the people you pass in game is different than streetpass, in game is just basically anyone on the internet at teh same time) you will never get the EON ticket from just passing people in game, it needs to be done via the street pass feature on your 3DS. So since you are using the in game passers as your counter (where you said up to 26) did you make sure you turned on Street Pass in the game? (Go into Buzznav and turn on the Street Pass feature specifically) Now that that's out of the way, I would say the best place is go to Malls, Grocery stores, if you have game stores near you (Gamestop, EB Games, best Buy, etc) go to those because in addition to other gamers, some stores have a Street Pass Relay setup in store so that even if you don't pass people, other players who passed that relay in the last X number of hours are saved and then street passed to other people who pass by. I don't know how big your city is so I can't give better suggestions (as things I suggest might not exist where you live) but you can also try busy bus stops after school hours, or stuff like that. I got mine when I stopped in at a Safeway one time, so that was pretty sweet.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Are you looking at the right thing? Because 3DS are limited to 10 streetpass partners at a time. (the people you pass in game is different than streetpass, in game is just basically anyone on the internet at teh same time) you will never get the EON ticket from just passing people in game, it needs to be done via the street pass feature on your 3DS. So since you are using the in game passers as your counter (where you said up to 26) did you make sure you turned on Street Pass in the game? (Go into Buzznav and turn on the Street Pass feature specifically) Now that that's out of the way, I would say the best place is go to Malls, Grocery stores, if you have game stores near you (Gamestop, EB Games, best Buy, etc) go to those because in addition to other gamers, some stores have a Street Pass Relay setup in store so that even if you don't pass people, other players who passed that relay in the last X number of hours are saved and then street passed to other people who pass by. I don't know how big your city is so I can't give better suggestions (as things I suggest might not exist where you live) but you can also try busy bus stops after school hours, or stuff like that. I got mine when I stopped in at a Safeway one time, so that was pretty sweet.

Huh, I heard that you could get a limit of 30 streetpasses in OrAs and that's the most I've gotten, but like I said it only shows 25-26 now. I canmt get out much but I take my 3DS with me when I can. Best Buy is right near our WalMart too so even though I don't go inthere I might still get some passes from WalMart and Sams Club being so close, right?.... I'll keep trying. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Huh, I heard that you could get a limit of 30 streetpasses in OrAs and that's the most I've gotten, but like I said it only shows 25-26 now. I canmt get out much but I take my 3DS with me when I can. Best Buy is right near our WalMart too so even though I don't go inthere I might still get some passes from WalMart and Sams Club being so close, right?.... I'll keep trying. :/

No, that's what I'm saying, Streetpass is different than the in game ORAS passing (called PAss By). Street Pass is a function of the 3DS and requires that game data from within the game be installed on the SD card, then when you're out the 3DS sends that data to other 3DS. If the recieving 3DS does not have street pass data set up for that particular game, it recieves no data for that game. (so if I have street pass data on my SD card for LEgo City and street pass you and you don't have the game, then you don't get the data I'm sending for LEgo City, and so on) you are limited to 10 street pass partners maximum at a time and if you don't go to the 3DS plaza to interact with those 10, you can't get more.

Pass By on the other hand is a function exclusively within ORAS and whenever you go online whatever random people are online at the same time can Pass By you, same with your acquaintances or Friends. This doesn't require Street Pass data to be created on your SD card, but having said that you also cannot get the EON ticket this way. You DO however have to use the buzz nav to access the Eon ticket, however, you can only get the EON Ticket from the Street Pass feature, NOT the PAss By feature.

Edit: and to answer your other question, you could get it if you went close by, but the range on the 3DS is only (I think) around 30 feet so you may have to actually go into the store to get within range.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • No, that's what I'm saying, Streetpass is different than the in game ORAS passing (called PAss By). Street Pass is a function of the 3DS and requires that game data from within the game be installed on the SD card, then when you're out the 3DS sends that data to other 3DS. If the recieving 3DS does not have street pass data set up for that particular game, it recieves no data for that game. (so if I have street pass data on my SD card for LEgo City and street pass you and you don't have the game, then you don't get the data I'm sending for LEgo City, and so on) you are limited to 10 street pass partners maximum at a time and if you don't go to the 3DS plaza to interact with those 10, you can't get more.

Pass By on the other hand is a function exclusively within ORAS and whenever you go online whatever random people are online at the same time can Pass By you, same with your acquaintances or Friends. This doesn't require Street Pass data to be created on your SD card, but having said that you also cannot get the EON ticket this way. You DO however have to use the buzz nav to access the Eon ticket, however, you can only get the EON Ticket from the Street Pass feature, NOT the PAss By feature.

Edit: and to answer your other question, you could get it if you went close by, but the range on the 3DS is only (I think) around 30 feet so you may have to actually go into the store to get within range.

Streetpass in OrAs is the BuzzNav mailbox right? Because that's what I've heard and now I'm just confused.

Back