• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Eon Ticket?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Streetpass in OrAs is the BuzzNav mailbox right? Because that's what I've heard and now I'm just confused.

Yes and No, Street Pass and Pass By are two completely different things, but both are interacted by via the Buzznav mailbox.

Pass By just automatically works once you connect to the internet via the PSS system (the yellow screen on the bottom screen where you see the big list of Friends, Acquaintances and Passersby) people that appear online in the PSS count in the Pass By function of the Buzznav so when you pass by people in that (again, just random people and friends that are online the same time you are) you get the mailbox icon and touching it gives you mirage spots, secret basses, etc.

However, Street Pass needs to actually be turned on in game via the buzz nav. (To activate StreetPass, go to the BuzzNav app in your PokeNav Plus. Touch the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, and answer yes when it asks if you would like to activate StreetPass.) This function needs to actually be activated by the user because it puts data on your SD card and your 3DS is now broadcasting your Pokemon Data constantly to other 3DS within a certain physical range, even when the game is not in your system because the data is on the SD card completely separate from the game. When you Street Pass someone, this data is ALSO interacted with by the Buzznav mailbox, and just like the previous, you get Secret Bases, Mirage Spots, etc. Except that this particular way is the ONLY way to get the EON Ticket. You cannot get it via the Pass By feature, even though both Street Pass and PAss By are interacted with solely via the same mailbox because you get pretty much the same data from all sources (Except the EON Ticket)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-the-eon-ticket-via-streetpass/

So, you need to turn Street Pass on within the Buzz Nav, (check your 3DS Data to make Sure there's an item called Pokemon on your SD Card by going to System Settings - Data Management - Nintendo 3DS - Extra Data and there should be an item called Pokemon Or/As in the list. )

So again, Pass By and Street Pass are two completely different things, but they are both interacted with in the same way (via the mailbox in buzz nav) but Street Pass needs to be opted into by the user, whereas Pass By is just automatically running whenever you connect to the internet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    I got my Eon Ticket on the bus Wednesday afternoon. Yay for public transportation! Soon enough, people at school were telling me to go around and find the guy giving a Ticket away to get mine.
    On another note, I'll be at the Senator's (hockey) game tonight with a friend. That means by the first intermission, there will be at least one person going around passing out Eon Tickets.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Yes and No, Street Pass and Pass By are two completely different things, but both are interacted by via the Buzznav mailbox.

Pass By just automatically works once you connect to the internet via the PSS system (the yellow screen on the bottom screen where you see the big list of Friends, Acquaintances and Passersby) people that appear online in the PSS count in the Pass By function of the Buzznav so when you pass by people in that (again, just random people and friends that are online the same time you are) you get the mailbox icon and touching it gives you mirage spots, secret basses, etc.

However, Street Pass needs to actually be turned on in game via the buzz nav. (To activate StreetPass, go to the BuzzNav app in your PokeNav Plus. Touch the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, and answer yes when it asks if you would like to activate StreetPass.) This function needs to actually be activated by the user because it puts data on your SD card and your 3DS is now broadcasting your Pokemon Data constantly to other 3DS within a certain physical range, even when the game is not in your system because the data is on the SD card completely separate from the game. When you Street Pass someone, this data is ALSO interacted with by the Buzznav mailbox, and just like the previous, you get Secret Bases, Mirage Spots, etc. Except that this particular way is the ONLY way to get the EON Ticket. You cannot get it via the Pass By feature, even though both Street Pass and PAss By are interacted with solely via the same mailbox because you get pretty much the same data from all sources (Except the EON Ticket)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-the-eon-ticket-via-streetpass/

So, you need to turn Street Pass on within the Buzz Nav, (check your 3DS Data to make Sure there's an item called Pokemon on your SD Card by going to System Settings - Data Management - Nintendo 3DS - Extra Data and there should be an item called Pokemon Or/As in the list. )

So again, Pass By and Street Pass are two completely different things, but they are both interacted with in the same way (via the mailbox in buzz nav) but Street Pass needs to be opted into by the user, whereas Pass By is just automatically running whenever you connect to the internet.
    I have already checked the Streetpass settings in the 3DS, and turned it on via Buzznav. I know the Pass By is only something in PSS, but it's still confusing and seems like we're talking about two versions of the same thing. My settings had OrAs on it for streepass and I click the mailbox on buzznav every 8 hours or whatever. Streetpass has always confused me and I thought I had it figured out, bug now it's even more confusing.....
    So if I have Pokemon Or/As on in Streetpass settings, turned it on in the BuzzNav, and check the mailbox with a number then I may find the Eon Ticket? (But only passing by someone with the ticket and BuzzNav on)
    Another question: The mailbox number IS the number of Streetpass tags, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have already checked the Streetpass settings in the 3DS, and turned it on via Buzznav. I know the Pass By is only something in PSS, but it's still confusing and seems like we're talking about two versions of the same thing. My settings had OrAs on it for streepass and I click the mailbox on buzznav every 8 hours or whatever. Streetpass has always confused me and I thought I had it figured out, bug now it's even more confusing.....
    So if I have Pokemon Or/As on in Streetpass settings, turned it on in the BuzzNav, and check the mailbox with a number then I may find the Eon Ticket? (But only passing by someone with the ticket and BuzzNav on)
    Another question: The mailbox number IS the number of Streetpass tags, right?

Correct, the mailbox is actually the communal number for EVERYONE you passed. So if you PSS pased 14 people on the internet, but Street Passed 3 people in real life, the mail box will say you passed by 17 people (as it adds both numbers together into one group) and if one of those 3 people you passed in real life had the EON Ticket, you will get a notification as you are tapping messages> (So you will get a message saying "You passed by X number of people" then tap again to get "Secret bases updated!" then tap again to get "New Mirage Spot Discovered" and tap again to get "You got an EON Ticket!", they'll be in different order, but that's basically what happens.

But yes, you turned it on, so when you pass by someone in real life you should get it if they have it.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Correct, the mailbox is actually the communal number for EVERYONE you passed. So if you PSS pased 14 people on the internet, but Street Passed 3 people in real life, the mail box will say you passed by 17 people (as it adds both numbers together into one group) and if one of those 3 people you passed in real life had the EON Ticket, you will get a notification as you are tapping messages> (So you will get a message saying "You passed by X number of people" then tap again to get "Secret bases updated!" then tap again to get "New Mirage Spot Discovered" and tap again to get "You got an EON Ticket!", they'll be in different order, but that's basically what happens.

But yes, you turned it on, so when you pass by someone in real life you should get it if they have it.

Ok, thank you, that makes much more sense. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Another note. If you Streetpass, those alerts show up immediately in the mailbox in-game. If you go online, those show up immediately. Make sure you clear your mailbox before going out and then, if your icon gets a green dot, you have a Streetpass. It may not be the Eon Ticket, but those are the ones that do it.

The reason I say clear your mailbox is because you might have 30 in there. If you don't clear them, forget the Eon Ticket being possible to get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It's been a while, and sadly I still don't have the ticket. But I can have my 3DS in sleep mode with BuzzNav on and pass by someone who has it to get it?

No, you don't even need to have the game in your system at all to get it. You just need to have turned on Street Pass from within the game using Buzznav, but once you do that, the data is saved on the SD card and everything from that point is totally automatic. You don't need to have buzznav running or, as I said, even have the game in your console at all at the time. The only thing you have to do is have your 3DS in sleep mode and pass by someone who has the ticket.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    ZOMGGG GUYS

I GOT THE TICKET!!! Today I was out, went to the dump, then to grab a bite at Burger King, then went grocery shopping... and I come home to 6 streetpasses, a spotpass aaaandd.. EON TICKET! 8D

That.. was fast. I only started playing maybe 2 weeks ago!?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    So apparently, there'll be another way to obtain the Eon Ticket. When visiting Pokemon.com between February 27. and March 2., you can get a code that allows you to get the Ticket if you don't have it already.

Source

Years
    Last week I was in Berlin for a few days, walking around with my 3DS.
    On the first day I already got the eon ticket two times both for my OR and AS versions.
    Yay to big cities! :D

Years
    Im very happy about the Event code they're going to give out. My town is so small, Ive never gotten anything on Streetpass even at the local mall. This is literaly the only way Im going to be able to get it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Im very happy about the Event code they're going to give out. My town is so small, Ive never gotten anything on Streetpass even at the local mall. This is literaly the only way Im going to be able to get it.
    Not that it matters now, but you can look up Streetpass Relay locations and get up to 10 Streetpasses (usually at least 5 or 6) per location. Clear them, go to another, and get another batch. That's how my Eon Ticket suddenly appeared.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I would've been forced to use that event code if it weren't for the Play!Pokemon tournament I had entered last December haha. Otherwise, it'll be so hard to find anyone who can streetpass me an Eon Ticket.

Also, I've been regularly getting streetpasses over at my campus, which was pretty shocking considering that the previous semester, I barely get any. Plus, most of them owns ORAS, so I hope they'll like their Eon Ticket if they haven't got it yet.

Still, nice to see it'll be available to the smaller regions as well.

Years
    Of course, of all the times for this brief window of availability, it has to be when i'm on vacation and won't be back until a week from today. This sucks.

Is there anything I can possibly do to still be able to get the Eon Ticket with this even if I don't have internet access on me right now?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Of course, of all the times for this brief window of availability, it has to be when i'm on vacation and won't be back until a week from today. This sucks.

Is there anything I can possibly do to still be able to get the Eon Ticket with this even if I don't have internet access on me right now?
    There's gotta be someplace where you are with free Wfi. Find a reason to hang around there for ten minutes and connect, then start the game and use the code. Voila.

Or if you know anyone who can redeem the code, Streetpass them after your vacation.

Options. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I almost forgot about that code distribution. {XD}

Well, now I have the ticket; just too bad I don't have any Master Ball left...

Back