• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Epic saves

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
  • i was fighting that miltank and for some reason it wasfaster than me (that annoyed me greatly)

it kept using attract and stomp.

I didn't attack for 6 turns in a row and i'm like "This better hit"

I use Ice fang.

Not only hit but frozen and i'm like you die now and she did. Best win ever.

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
    Years
  • When I was battling Clair,her Kindra took out my pokemon and the only one I had left was Quilava. Then I used flamethrower but it wasn't effective but I still made Kindra faint anyway. Then I won the battle.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • mine was me and my rival vs. lance and clair they were down to their dragonite and kingdra while my rival was out of pokemon, leaving me and Scarlet (my red gyarados). I used Ice Fang on Dragonite, freezing it, then I killed it next turn, leaving me with Kingdra to deal with (already had some damage on it), I Dragon Raged it until it fainted, and won. My Pokemon at the time where about Lv57. It was a lv75 Dragonite. I thought it was epic considering that I was all alone

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Togetic is such an amazing Pokemon. Before facing Morty, I made sure that I have a strong Normal-type Pokemon. So, I chose to evolve Togepi. It took a really long time, but he evolved eventually.

Anyways, my Pokemons finished his gym pretty quickly. Before he brought out Gengar, I switched out my Haunter for Togetic. The situation was simple after this; Gengar's attacks couldn't hit Togetic, so I abused Metronome to its last PP.

The Gengar was knocked out after an Aurora Beam, Thunder Punch, and Rock Throw.

To be fair you could have just used Extrasensory, the egg move that the HG/SS Togepi hatches with. Psychic is super effective against Gengar, as he is poison type.

But my most epic win in the entire game was against Red. Since I prefer to play the in-game mode with a higher challenge, I put the battle mode onto Set instead of Shift, and use two Full Restore per Pokémon once their HP is into the red, and no revives.

Because I thought it would be more epic against Red, I sent out my Pikachu first, which had travelled Kanto, Hoenn, Johto, and back to Kanto with me. Red's Pikachu was Lv. 88, mine Lv. 75. I thought I had no chance, but I thought that if my Pikachu was truly going to prove himself, now was the time to do it. I knew that Volt tackle would kill me in one hit, so I had to live in hope really.

I told Pikachu to use Thunder. To my suprise I found that my Pikachu was faster, despite having a thirteen level disadvantage. Thunder took off around two thirds of the enemy HP. But it had also become paralysed, and during it's turn, it couldn't move due to paralysis! I commanded Pikachu to use Thunder again, hoping that it wouldn't miss. And it didn't, KOing the higher levelled Pikachu. I don't think I have been more proud of a piece of coded information in my life, but saying that, I love this Pikachu now.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Me vs. Clair, 10 levels underlevelled. Kingdra vs. Meganium. Meganium uses Petal Dance. Kingdra uses... something. MEGANIUM SURVIVES WITH 6 HP! OK, that wasn't as heroic.

Years
  • Lance and his bloomin' Aerodactyl. That Pokemon was even tougher than Morty's Gengar, if that's possible. This thing wiped out two-thirds of my team (the only survivors being Ampharos and Ursaring). Lapras and Typhlosion were unable to land a single attack, because they always seemed to flinch from Rock Slide. Espeon was OHKO'd by Crunch, and Vileplume managed one Sludge Bomb before being taken out by a couple of Aerial Aces.

However, Ampharos made an epic save in this battle. When Aerodactyl used Rock Slide against it, Ampharos actually didn't flinch. It was able to paralyze Aerodactyl with Thunder Wave, then knock it out the next turn with Thunder Punch.

Compared to that Aerodactyl, his Dragonites were a walk in the park. The one with Thunder didn't even use it against Lapras (though I was prepared for it, having given Lapras the berry that lowers the power of super-effective Electric attacks).

Also, I beat Morty's Gengar and Whitney's Miltank thanks to critical hits that hit at just the right time. Morty's Gengar would've KO'd Quilava and followed up with the rest of my team, if I hadn't scored a critical hit with Flame Wheel at just the moment. As for Miltank, it wasn't a life-or-death situation, but my attacks weren't doing enough damage to get past Miltank's constant Milk Drinks. If not for that critical hit, I would've been in for one long battle.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Fighting Chuck
    Took out his first Pokemon, but my Typhlosion (or was it quilava?...) was at low health so I switched him out for Nibbles, my level 14 slowpoke. I was thinking "I like slowpoke and all but I just need him to take a beating from this level 31 Poliwrath to heal up. Attack after attack upon my poor Slowpoke. They all either missed or did relatively small amounts of damage. I KO'd him. With a level 14 Slowpoke. I love that Slowpoke.
    And there was that one time where I solo'd Morty and his entire gym with a level 23-25 Togepi. That was pretty funny.

Youngster Joey

MY RATTATA IS LIKE NO OTHER
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    So there I was.

My Rattata was weak now. The Pidgey had worn it down until it was almost nothing. I remember a trainer with red hair fought my Rattata before. He called it weak, and told me I should release it. But I trusted it too much. Far too much for now, anyway.

I also remembered that a few minutes later, another trainer came. Was it a boy, or a girl? (B) F ... And what was his name? Ah yes, it was IDIOT! Anyway, IDIOT came and battled me. His (Insert starter pokemon here) quickly demolished my Rattata. As I looked down, crying, he told me I my Rattata was weak and I should release it. But then I punched him in the face and he ran home to his mommy. That's right- YOUNGSTER JOEY IS SRS BIZNESS

Anyway. I used a potion on Rattata, and told it to use Quick Attack! it downed the Pidgey. I started crying, and Rattata jumped into my arms. We had done it. We had... won.

Then I called my 5638293493 friends and told them about it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I was battling a friend of mine (my first ever wifi battle) and I was whopping that ass. My Espeon was taking down all his pokemon with 2HKOs. He managed to take it down with his Magmortar, his last pokemon. He them killed my Ampharos with EQ and it was down to his Magmortar and my weak Dragonair. My team wasn't EV trained and his was so I was really surprised to be doing so well, I was using my in-game team. Dragonair uses Aqua Tail, gets a crit, and saves the day against the evil villain!

Another one was when I was fighting Lance for the first time, Gyarados froze his level 50 dragonite and level 48 Aerodactyl with Ice Fang, helped out soooo much.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • I've already posted this in various threads... but I was fighting Lance in my first run of the Elite Four. It came down to his Aerodactyl and Charizard against my Feraligatr and Nidoking. I was like ok, this is over. His Aerodactyl had other plans, because it used Thunder Fang, which critically hit, KO'ing Feraligatr. So I sent in Nidoking, thinking he wouldn't OHKO it, and I used a Max Revive on Feraligatr. Aerodactyl used Aerial Ace, and what do you know? Critical Hit. OHKO. So I sent in Feraligatr. I used Surf, and he used Thunder Fang, which gained a third Critical Hit, bringing me to 11 HP, where I used Surf and KO'd him. Then I used Full restore when it was just Feraligatr vs. his Charizard. It was an epic fight, and we both used Full Restores on the same turn with our HP dwindling. In the end, I managed to KO it with Surf, although his Air Slash was dealing quite a bit of damage. It was the most epic battle I'd ever fought.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I was battling Lance for the first time, and I used Golem, Explosion, and a bunch of revival herbs to KO all of his pokemon:)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    lol idk if this counts, but i was playing on a car drive down to mah grandma's (hehe :D)
    and i saved the game to go get candy from a gas station
    and when i got out, i dropped my ds and the game popped out of the ds
    LUCKILY i had saved the game before it shut off :D

So there I was.

My Rattata was weak now. The Pidgey had worn it down until it was almost nothing. I remember a trainer with red hair fought my Rattata before. He called it weak, and told me I should release it. But I trusted it too much. Far too much for now, anyway.

I also remembered that a few minutes later, another trainer came. Was it a boy, or a girl? (B) F ... And what was his name? Ah yes, it was IDIOT! Anyway, IDIOT came and battled me. His (Insert starter pokemon here) quickly demolished my Rattata. As I looked down, crying, he told me I my Rattata was weak and I should release it. But then I punched him in the face and he ran home to his mommy. That's right- YOUNGSTER JOEY IS SRS BIZNESS

Anyway. I used a potion on Rattata, and told it to use Quick Attack! it downed the Pidgey. I started crying, and Rattata jumped into my arms. We had done it. We had... won.

omfg....hilarious....and coming from youngster joey himself....lulz :D

Last edited:

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Wow...

So there I was.

Epic win Joey! You rule!!

JUST KIDDING!!
    Stop calling me now!! You called me a second ago!!!

I guess this is more of a fail than a win though

Anyway, I was against Morty and his Gengar. I just sent my Pidgeotto out and abused Sand Attack 6 Times to try and not get hit.

And then:

Gengar used Sucker Punch
    A critical Hit!
    Pidgeotto fainted

Me: "What the ****!!"

Back