• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

erasing from history

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • Nothing, really. Everything has to occur one way or the other.

Though if I did have the choice, I'd remove WW2 out of the way, because it was an event with most casualties thus far.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just so you know, a lot of people who had helped in modern society are Christians, and our current technology wouldn't exist in the first place if it wasn't for them. Want examples? Okay. Galileo Galilei. Without him, there wouldn't have been a telescope and we would probably have a wrong sense of the world. Who else? Isaac Newton. He discovered gravity. Without that knowledge of gravity, infrastructures would have been wrongly built and we wouldn't have been able to build 'zero-gravity.' Also, Ground-type attacks would probably kill Flying-types lol. You get my point. Also, one of your ancestors may have been Christian and if they hadn't been there or if they hadn't been married in the Catholic Church, then you might have not existed here at all.
    That's a really silly way to look at something. It's as if you believe the fact that they were Christian was the reason that those things happened and if they weren't, they wouldn't have, which is silly.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • I don't really agree with this. Even if one of my ancestors was Christian, if christianity hadn't existed that doesn't mean that suddenly they would not have existed either, they would just have not been Christians. And even if these people hadn't existed if Christianity hadn't existed, that still would not mean that these things could have never been invented. It has happened a lot in history that the same things are invented around the same time in two completely different places. It has more to do with technological advancement than with the individual.

That's a really silly way to look at something. It's as if you believe the fact that they were Christian was the reason that those things happened and if they weren't, they wouldn't have, which is silly.

What I meant was that their Christian lives have affected their actions in many ways and if they hadn't been Christians, then their actions would've been changed as well, including those that have affected our current lives today. And rednael, if your ancestors hadn't been Christians, then they wouldn't have been married in the Church and therefore would have given birth to another person other than you as well due to certain courses of events happening with the X and Y chromosomes stuff lol. Who knows, you might've been the opposite gender...

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Not gonna get involved in the whole Christian thing, lol.

Anyways... I sometimes think, what if the partition of India had never occurred? I mean, India and Pakistan would have still been one nation, India. But then it's still the fact that the terrorists that come from Pakistan would probably have originated in India. So lol yeah not that.

So yeah, imo, nothing. To change something in history... too much. Every single event in history has helped to shape the world that we live in today. We will probably never know what the consequences would be if even one thing in history was off.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • What I meant was that their Christian lives have affected their actions in many ways and if they hadn't been Christians, then their actions would've been changed as well, including those that have affected our current lives today. And rednael, if your ancestors hadn't been Christians, then they wouldn't have been married in the Church and therefore would have given birth to another person other than you as well due to certain courses of events happening with the X and Y chromosomes stuff lol. Who knows, you might've been the opposite gender...
    Being married under a certain religion does not influence your offspring. If there had not been a christian church, that doesn't mean there would be no other religion under which they could have been married. And besides that religion doesn't even matter. You don't have to be married to have kids.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • This is a bit absurd. The only thing religion does concerning science/technology is hinder its advances. The things you mentioned would have been discovered regardless of said persons religious views.
    we can't be sure of that. the religion (whatever it may be) their parents reared them in would have influenced their character and opinions somewhat. in fact, the people dragon456 cited might have become different people entirely, had any aspect of their life (such as their religious life) been altered. this is why it's quite difficult to pick exactly which historical event you'd want to be erased: you'd not only have to consider the event itself, but the effect it's had on people and on other related events.

as for your reply to my post, i'm pretty sure that the oral tradition came first (Jesus' parables etc) before they were written, at least in the New Testament.

Last edited:
    Back