• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Error messages when compiling an ASM routine - trying to implement a "Madam Celadon" feature

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
  • First off, a massive thank you to Spherical Ice who was kind enough to send me these scripts and routines for his "Mrs. Nature" feature in the upcoming version of Gaia. I posted this question earlier in the ASM ressource thread, but figured it might get a little more attention here. I'm just completely stuck on this, and any help would be massively appreciated. :)

Anyway, Spherical Ice sent me these scripts and routines for me to edit to implement the "Madam Celadon" NPC feature from the Let's Go games into my Fakemon FireRed hack - you know, an NPC you talk to which predicts the nature for future encounters, at least for a set amount of time - or, steps. The first two scripts and the first asm routine I don't have any trouble editing and inserting, but the second asm routine gives me some error messages that I don't really know how to tackle. I hope it's cool if I post everything here.

The "Mrs. Nature" script is inserted at 3B1B44
    The "Nature manipulation" routine is inserted at 34F050
    The "Wore off" script is inserted at 3ADDD4
    And the "Pedometer" routine is supposed to be inserted at 3ADE14, but I can't convert it to a .bin file without getting these error messages:
    Code:
    pedometer.asm:30: Warning: Failed to find real start of function: call_via_r2
    pedometer.asm:39: Warning: Failed to find real start of function: call_via_r2
    pedometer.asm:51: Warning: Failed to find real start of function: call_via_r2
    pedometer.asm:58: Warning: Failed to find real start of function: call_via_r2
    pedometer.asm:61: Warning: Failed to find real start of function: call_via_r2
    pedometer.asm:28: Error: invalid offset, value too big (0xFFFFFFFC)

I'm wondering if there's a different way I'm supposed to convert these, though, the only way I know is to put the .asm file in the same folder as thumb.bat, then navigate there with command prompt and type in "thumb routine.asm routine.bin". I've noticed that this gives me some ridiculously long files with these routines - I can tell that it's because the new routine is generated at the specified offset, and the new pointer is included and everything, I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to be doing something different.

Anyway, here's what I got from Spherical Ice, all credit goes to him. I hope it's okay to post this here, he was a little too busy himself. Everything is pretty much the way I've inserted it - I'll edit the dialogue later, but other than that, the offsets and everything should match the way I've been inserting these.

Spoiler:

Back