• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] ERROR, the game don't STAR (Scripting error?)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023
    The game don't start, the message error is this (I'm spanish):

---------------------------
    Pokémon Essentials Esp v16.3
    Excepción: RuntimeError

Mensaje: filename is nil

SpriteWindow:218:in `initialize'

Pokemon_Sprites:188:in `new'

Pokemon_Sprites:188:in `pokemon='

Pokemon_Sprites:174:in `initialize'

PScreen_Load:172:in `new'

PScreen_Load:172:in `pbSetParty'

PScreen_Load:171:in `each'

PScreen_Load:171:in `pbSetParty'

PScreen_Load:323:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Main: 12 :in `main'

Esta excepción ha sido registrada en

C:\Users\Administrador\Saved Games/Pokémon Essentials Esp v16_3/errorlog.txt.

Presiona Ctrl+C para copiar este mensaje al portapapeles.
    Aceptar

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    First of all, you seem to use Pokémon Essentials v16.3. Just so you know, currently, v20.1 is released. Unless you have many custom scripts, I advise you to upgrade to v20.1, so that more people can help you.

About your error. I don't have Essentials v16. But it seems to mean that you have a Pokémon that doesn't have a sprite. The way to go here, is to check the function "pbSetParty", apparently at line 172, and add the line:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Pokémon = {1}", XXXXX))
    just before that line 172, where "XXXXX" stands for the parameter that defines a Pokémon or a Pokémon species (your have to check in your code, I don't have Essentials v16). Then restart your game, it will display one or several messages of the form "Pokémon = Y", and the last "Y" before the error will be the number of the Pokémon with the missing sprite.

Back